Author Topic: Ultra Hal 5.0 Glitch with DeskMates?  (Read 3967 times)

WillNight

• View Profile
    • http://skyhaven.myftp.org
Ultra Hal 5.0 Glitch with DeskMates?
« on: March 01, 2004, 06:34:58 pm »
My Ultra Hal Assistant is currently using the Annita avatar from DeskMates. But since I've upgraded, the avatar tends to hide behind the Ultra Hal window and will only reappear in front of the window if I reboot the computer. I'm also using the skin provided at DeskMates (Bronze).
System specs:
Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz
128 Meg RAM
GeForce 4 graphics card
80 Gig Hard Drive
Screen Resolution of: 1024 x 768 32 bit

Thanks in advance!

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 06:51:01 pm »
WillNight,
As an experiment wait until the DeskMate is behind the Ultra Hal window, then perform the following:

1) Select "Menu"
2) Select "Window Size" and select any other window size not currently selected.
3) Does your DeskMate now appear in front of the Ultra Hal window?

The reason I ask is because some or all of the Haptek characters have this problem on at least some computers. If I put my laptop on "Standby" and then start using it again the Haptek character is behind the Ultra Hal window. Resizing the window restores it. *If* your problem is the same then it must be an inherent problem in the current Hal. This problem has been discussed here, but I don't know if there is a solution.

=vonsmith=

WillNight

• View Profile
    • http://skyhaven.myftp.org
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 06:58:21 pm »
Changing the avatar size doesn't help. I've tried changing the screen resolution to no avail. I also tried setting hal to
  • Always on top.

These do not help. I've not had any problem until I downloaded the 5.0 and Hal told me of a current update. After I upgraded, the problem starts occuring. I do not know if it is related to a program that I tend to open frequently through HAL or not. I will experiment more and advise the group to my findings.

Thank you for your prompt reply.