Author Topic: Hal screwing up my monitor  (Read 2281 times)

mmaheux

• View Profile
Hal screwing up my monitor
« on: January 09, 2008, 06:16:19 pm »
I have loaded Hal 6.1 with all the goodies  - During startup the screen goes into 8 bit mode - I have tried 16 and 32 settings with no results?
I have tried to contact the support group and keep getting the software run around - any help out there?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:07:57 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by mmaheux

I have loaded Hal 6.1 with all the goodies  - During startup the screen goes into 8 bit mode - I have tried 16 and 32 settings with no results?
I have tried to contact the support group and keep getting the software run around - any help out there?

Hi mmaheux.

This forum is the support group for zabaware, anyone here may be able to help you, if we can't help you then may be robert can.

we need to know what kind of operating system you are running, motherboard model, video card model if any, what is your onboard memory.

If I remember right, HAL will work with 256, 16 bit, 32 bit color schemes.

also, have you updated to your latest drivers for any video cards?

Jerry[8D]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 10:32:28 pm »
Hi Gerald
This moring I logged onto an old desktop of mine with Win 98 operating system and lo and behold Hal 5 was there, alive and well.
I also sill own an old Win 3.1 396pc but I don't remember if I had ever installed Hal on it.
I have never had any problems with any kind of monitors as far as running Hal. I think this is another case of someones hardware causing the problem. Hopefully, someone can help him/her.
Bill
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 10:33:27 pm by Bill819 »