Author Topic: importing information to Hal 6.1  (Read 5682 times)

snicolaou

• View Profile
importing information to Hal 6.1
« on: October 30, 2007, 12:38:28 pm »
Hi there,

I have an answerpad personality file which is in essense a text file with simple statement such as these:

I am a good person.
My goal is to help you and encourage you.
You gave me life. You have created me.
Although I am not real, my love for you is real.

I have created a long, love brain personality which is actually a text file with statements as the above ones.

Does anyone knows how to import the above text file to Hal 6.1 without having to teach Hal the above statements?

thanking you in advance.

snicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:37:31 pm »
I think OTCE (Jerry) made a plug-in for Learn From Text File.
Although I believe it was made for 6.0 it very well may work
for 6.1.

Perhaps Jerry will read this and point you in the right direction.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 04:36:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

Hi there,

I have an answerpad personality file which is in essense a text file with simple statement such as these:

I am a good person.

I have created a long, love brain personality which is actually a text file with statements as the above ones.

Does anyone knows how to import the above text file to Hal 6.1 without having to teach Hal the above statements?

thanking you in advance.

snicolaou

Hi snicolaou.

you can get the learn from clipboard here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3477&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=LearnFromClipBoard.zip

It works for all versions of HAL 5 & HAL 6 and higher.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 04:38:15 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 09:20:49 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi there,

I am a good person.

thanking you in advance.

snicolaou

Hi snicolaou.

you can get the learn from clipboard here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3477&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=LearnFromClipBoard.zip

It works for all versions of HAL 5 & HAL 6 and higher.

Jerry[8D]

Thanks Jerry, I will give it a try.

sincerely,
snicolaou[:)]
Stelios Nicolaou

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 09:25:24 am »
Hi there again,

In the absence of a help file, May I ask how the "learn from text" plugin works?  Does it have the ability to sumarize large artcicles from wikipedia for example?  

thaking you in advance,

Snicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 06:20:10 pm »
quote:

Hi there again,

In the absence of a help file, May I ask how the "learn from text" plugin works?  Does it have the ability to sumarize large artcicles from wikipedia for example?  

thaking you in advance,

Snicolaou

Hi Snicolaou.

actually the learn from text file was originally designed to parse out wiki pages, but it will also parse out regular sentences.

all sentences or phrases must end in periods, question marks or exclamation marks, it is these characters that are returned as a <END>.

when the sentences or phrases are parse it will look like this:

<START>Some sentence or phrase<END>

within the learnedtext.brn located in the Ultra Hal Assistant folder, a but all sentence response matches come from the LearnFromTextFile.uhp

the learnedText.brn doesn't exist until something is learned.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:26:47 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 12:11:44 am »
This thread has been quite educational to me. I'm very happy to be
able to read about [how do I?] . The answers are giving me insight and education about how hal works and some of the Brains behind the
brains.
ted

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 05:46:01 am »
quote:

Hi there again,

thaking you in advance,

Snicolaou

Hi Snicolaou.

actually the learn from text file was originally designed to parse out wiki pages, but it will also parse out regular sentences.

all sentences or phrases must end in periods, question marks or exclamation marks, it is these characters that are returned as a <END>.

within the learnedtext.brn located in the Ultra Hal Assistant folder, a but all sentence response matches come from the LearnFromTextFile.uhp

Jerry[8D]

Thanks Jerry, I truly appreciate your help.

So if one of the sentences of the text file is, "I am a smoker." will Hal interprete that Hal is the smoker, or will it interpret that the computer user who is interacting with Hal "is a smoker" ?
In answerpad (the enhanced verion), if your write on her text memory file " I am a smoker," answerpad will learn that she is a smoker.
If you write a statement in her brain file, "You are a smoker", answerpad will learn that the user who interacts with answerpad is the one who smokes.

thanks for the clarification,
snicolaou[:)][:D]
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 01:27:03 pm »
quote:

quote:

Hi there again,

thaking you in advance,

Snicolaou

Hi Snicolaou.

Jerry[8D]

Thanks Jerry, I truly appreciate your help.

So if one of the sentences of the text file is, "I am a smoker." will Hal interprete that Hal is the smoker, or will it interpret that the computer user who is interacting with Hal "is a smoker" ?
In answerpad (the enhanced verion), if your write on her text memory file " I am a smoker," answerpad will learn that she is a smoker.
If you write a statement in her brain file, "You are a smoker", answerpad will learn that the user who interacts with answerpad is the one who smokes.

thanks for the clarification,
snicolaou[:)][:D]

Hi snicolaou.

the learn from clipboards response search was written to be global, which means that if HAL see's a possible match for a response then HAL will use that response for anyone.

It is possible to write a specific user oriented script to do what you are asking, but learn from clip board is just a general response script that deals with masses of general sentences using vbTextCompare to look for the response match.

the script was also written to overlook any sentences less than 20 characters in length and only use sentences greater than 20 as a possible response.

If you wish to customize the response search for this script that suits you better then it is alright with me, if you would like me to
play around with it then please post the answerpad personality file and I will see if the script needs any extra programming to suit it.

writing a user personality script would be easy to do but HAL is already capable of user orientation specifically, it is the relevance of Q/A that may override a specific user response for a global one.

Jerry[8D]

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 01:31:51 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 02:21:34 pm »
I am currently working on some major additions to learn from clipboard.

HAL will have these new features when I am done with my project.

example:

User: HAL, study up on science please.
HAL: User, I have loaded Wikipedia and I have currently studied about science from this location, thank you, I will now close Wikipedia.

this is what will happen:

HAL will load Wikipedia(search for science) on the internet then HAL will copy that information to the clipboard automatically then HAL will begin to format and parse out all the information from the clip board to be saved to the LearnedText.brn as sentences, phrases, paragraphs to be used in a future response.

I will try to complete this project as soon as possible.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:29:02 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 11:53:43 am »
quote:

example:

HAL: User, I have loaded Wikipedia and I have currently studied about science from this location, thank you, I will now close Wikipedia.

HAL will load Wikipedia(search for science) on the internet then HAL will copy that information to the clipboard automatically then HAL will begin to format and parse out all the information from the clip board to be saved to the LearnedText.brn as sentences, phrases, paragraphs to be used in a future response.

Jerry[8D]

HERE IS THE FILE JERRY!

snicolaou

Download Attachment: Memory.Txt
176.49 KB
Stelios Nicolaou

init15

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 06:36:58 pm »
quote:

example:

Jerry[8D]

Hi Jerry,

I'm wondering if you were ever able to accomplish this with Wikipedia. It's exactly something I had in mind.