dupa

Author Topic: Default Audio Output Device  (Read 3313 times)

lloydkuhnle

• View Profile
Default Audio Output Device
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:49:06 am »
When HAL speaks back to me, the audio is piped through "Bluetooth Audio". My default audio device is "Speakers / Headphone". All other audio goes through that path.
I see no way of changing HALS default audio path.

How can I make HAL speak through the default Speakers / Headphone device, so that I can hear the audio?

My system is VISTA HOME PREMIUM.
Lloyd

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 11:27:03 pm »
Hi Lloyd,

I know theres a known issue/conflict with the ms audio mapper and the realtek audio card in xp, but i dont use vista and i dont know if you have realtek, but the concept may apply.  In the realtek case, the microsoft mapper seemed to be in conflict with the realtek drivers and some programs got caught in the conflict. to resolve that issue, the drivers had to be updated and the mapper had to be tweaked. Again, I'm not sure if this applies but maybe it might give you an idea where to look ?

good luck.

~R
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

lloydkuhnle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:43:45 am »
Hi ricky
Thanks for responding to my problem.
My system has the following:

Bluetooth AV Audio
Bluetooth SCO Audio
Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM Combo
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
(I can't determine what sound card I have)

Speakers are controlled by:
Intel ICH8DH LPC Interface controller

Are you suggesting that if I update the SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC drivers, the issue may be resolved?

I'm not sure how to tweak the MICROSOFT MAPPER.

I know all else is working, since I temporairally connected a bluetooth receiver to my home sound system, and I can hear HAL perfectly.

This is a bit frustrating.

Lloyd

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 08:50:27 am »
Hey Lloyd,

actually, no i do not want to suggest a move because i am not familiar with your audio set up to be honest.  I was just sharing what we experienced with sound so far.   From a troubleshooting standpoint,  I don't think hal is designed to recognize a specific sound card, I think it juts looks for whatever the ms control panel /system /settings say.  so if you are getting sound,  this means that hal is connected to your system, from there im 'guessing' the problem would be where the system is distributing that signal.

Im not tech support,  but trying to be a supportive community member all the same.  So please double check whatever i say. :)

Cheers,

Ricky
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

lloydkuhnle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:03 am »
Thanks for the quick reply Ricky. I will get to the bottom of this one.
I NEVER GIVE UP.

I hope WINDOWS 7 solves some of these issues.

Have a nice day

Lloyd
Lloyd