Author Topic: hapteck people putty and no response from support  (Read 9028 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapteck people putty and no response from support
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:31:42 pm »
 I know people have mentioned before that haptek is very bad about support , i had wrote them a letter before a while ago that after i installed my paid version of people putty and also the character pack one , that it still showed the character pack wasn't working said demo only , but i could click on it and they worked , they never wrote me back  so i didn't bother since it was still working , well i hadn't used my people putty for a while and when i tried to it stopped working on the people putty pack for extra hair etc.  so i uninstalled it and re installed it and it says trial version way out of date etc. i put in my serial number and tried to get a code to put in by "get code " area . the web page won't come up , so i went to the off line area to get a code and did the same , it gave me a 0 code to enter when i did it still doesn't work .

so i wrote another letter and sent it to the support link to haptek if they don't bother answering this time i am going to turn it in to the attorney general , because i bought the product to use  , not to have a company sit back and not answer when a person needs help and for a code  to make it work . i sent them a jpg picture of both orders showing my serial number etc.
Unless anyone knows that the support link isn't working and their is another way that people have to contact them , i guess i am stuck with having to contact the attorney general . as far as i know their is no phone number to call the haptek people .

tedathome

• View Profile
Re: hapteck people putty and no response from support
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 07:56:10 pm »
As Jack has stated and I have experienced, People putty does that on Windows 7. It works on XP and Vista. I don't know if it can be made to work on 7 with the Car program. The problem seems to be the multi-core thing.
ted

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:22:56 am »
Pp will only work on XP.
Haptek told me when win7 first came out that you can't get a serial #
Only for XP,
BUT!!! I don't think anyone is there any more.
I am sure Haptek is dead & buried.    RIP????? :-\

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:03:54 pm »
I was using haptek people putty fine before on my windows 7 dual core pc . but had trouble about my pc on something else , redid it and put haptek people putty back on and it installed okay , it was the people putty pack one that i had trouble with . the car program where can i get it to try it ?
 as far as the company if they was going to stop the business they should have given a permanent license to the paid users that could be used more then once on the same computer and not two computers at once . not screw over everyone . if i don't hear back from them in a week i'll still turn it over to the attorney general and see what they can do or find out!
does anyone know where i can get the "car program ?"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 02:16:42 pm »
Does anyone have a link to the "CAR PROGRAM THAT WAS MENTIONED EARLIER OR WHERE I CAN GET IT??? THANKS .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:10:07 pm »
Lonnie,

You can easily set the number of Cores used by going here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/66504-processors-limit-number-used-windows-7-a.html

;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 02:05:38 am »
Lightspeed, you can get it from my Dropbox.

Here.......https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84848023/car.exe

Art, interesting find but i think it sets all programs to run on whatever setting you set??
Some might not run properly set to only 1 core.
Where as Car sets each program.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:10:18 am by NIGE »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 05:42:28 am »
Oh yeah...I know that the UltraHal program automatically sets it's desired number of cores when the program starts.
The Haptek Player runs better when cores are set but the Haptek program itself, simply does not work on Windows 7.

Thanks for the dropbox posting! ;)

(wonder how many people will screw up their computers by messing with the core settings!)?
<there's always default>

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 08:59:54 am »
Art and Nige thanks to both of you for answering , i'll try thr car program , if that doesn't work i'll spit in the back of my pc and watch the fireworks early lol!
By the way any tips on exactly how to do the settings in the car program ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 12:08:47 pm »
hi for anyone using hapteck people putty , i am having this problem and wondered if anyone else is i open the installed people putty put in my serial number (it already has my pc id number ) then hit get code and this window pops up window can't be displayed unsecure certificate etc. (see attached picture ) any idea's around this or what may be causing the problem ? i sent an e mail to haptek support . just today .
i want to try to get back into making more characters .
 i saw how to do the car exe . program and set it on one core . of course i won't know how it will do until i can get past trying to get my unlock code in people putty . i wish someone , Robert etc, had another program we could use our characters with .
anyway any help or suggestions on this would sure be appreciated .

could this be a matter of a pc setting about not opening the window and if so where could i check to allow it .
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:10:44 pm by lightspeed »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 01:54:11 pm »
Lonnie,

I'm sure this has been a sore spot for a lot of people and t keeps coming up but the problem you and I and others are having is that we are using Window 7 or 8 and NOT XP, otherwise your original license info should work.

I've received emails from Jack that offered to help but then as soon as I mentioned Windows 7, he apologized and offered no remedy for Haptek's lack of compliance with Windows 7 / 8 and didn't see any solution in the immediate future. Looks as though Haptek is still dead in the water.

Run it on an XP machine then copy your custom characters (htr files) to your Win 7 / 8 machine. From there, you can copy them to your Hal folder and use them with the UltraHal software.

OR...we can search for something better in the mean time....

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:03:44 pm by Art »

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 08:36:42 am »
    hi Art , actually I don't mean to contradict you but the people putty did work okay in windows seven (maybe it isn't suppose to but I used it for a while and it worked just fine , I don't know what changed ( I think I even mentioned on the forum that mine worked just fine when other people were saying they was having problems ) .
The problem is though is that the person running haptek or support isn't even writing back anything I have sent three letters now , ( I am able to see my mail now and their has only been an automated letter from them the last one said if I need further assistance to reply back and so I did saying I needed further assistance .
      I sent them the requested information showing where I bought the product with my name serial number etc all on it .
  I had thought about doing what you said about putting hal on my xp as I have one , I can set it right beside my windows seven , but the trouble still is that I need to get them to actually respond back to me to be able to even tell them I have another computer to the id number will be different .

DOES ANYONE HAVE THEIR ACTUAL E MAIL ADDDRESS ???  since I can't get them to respond by e mail maybe I can try writing them and sending proof of my receipts etc.

WELL THEY ANSWERED BACK WITH THIS NEW LETTER SO I GUESS I'LL SEND THIS TO THEM NOW .

Web Help   
To Me

Apr 13 at 11:36 PM 

Dear Lonnie Hensley,

Thank you for contacting the online store.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to
assist you with this issue at the online store.

Please contact customer support at:

http://www.haptek.com/support/faq/
support@haptek.com

Sincerely,
Maureen C.
online store
Customer Service
webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com
Email ID: 27883874

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
I need further assistance I need a new unlock code I sent all the
information needed proof of my order etc. please send me a new unlock
code as soon as possible .
thanks ,
Lonnie Hensley
--------------------------------------------
On Sat, 4/12/14, Web Help <webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: PEOPLE PUTTY UNLOCK CODE PROBLEM  (KMM54088941I11273L0KM)
 To: "lonnie hensley" <airvair62@yahoo.com>
 Date: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 1:49 PM

**This is an automated response.** 

Thank you for contacting the Online Store Customer Service
 Center.

If you require the assistance of our Customer Support Team
 representatives, please review the below information so that
 we can help
 you with your question(s) as fast as possible.

If you have DOWNLOAD, BILLING AND/OR SHIPPING QUESTIONS, you
 can visit
 our Customer Support at:

http://www.findmyorder.com/cs

Here, you can find information to assist you with the
 following tasks:
           - Download a digital
 order 
           - Check the shipping
 status of a physical order 
           - View and print an
 invoice 
           - Get answers to common
 questions 

If you still need to contact our Customer Service Team via
 email, please
 reply to this email.

If you have questions regarding technical support or product

installation, please review your order confirmation message
 for the
 appropriate technical support contact information. Technical
 Support
 should be able to assist with any of the following:
           - Questions on
 installation 
           - Troubleshooting
 software 
           - Help with
 features 
           - General questions
 regarding the product 

Thank you for contacting the Online Store Customer Service
 Center.

Sincerely, 
 Online Store 
 Customer Service Center 
 Email ID 27883874 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:20:21 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 11:22:39 am »
I also am getting this in the window that opens from haptek when I try to get a unlock code :
Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

For more information, see “About Certificate Errors” in Internet Explorer Help.
and also "

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website is not secure.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. 
  We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. 
  Recommended iconClick here to close this webpage. 
  Not recommended iconContinue to this website (not recommended). 
   More information  More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

I may try to wipe everything off my pc set it back to factory defaults and put hal etc. all back on it .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »
I believe some of the problem is in my computer it's self ,  I hooked up my xp  and with google went to yahoo mail and signed in and it showed the mail just fine , but on my windows 7 I try the same thing and it gives a blank screen after I sign in to my yahoo mail . I tried uninstalling inetnet explorer and also google chrome restarted the pc and reinstalled them and still get the same problem so something in my pc is causing this .
 anyway I am going to back stuff up and wipe everything off my pc and reinstall everything .
I think this is also why I am also getting the screen error on the people putty , in the xp it opened just fine to their web page (opening a web page shouldn't have anything to do with the os . and it worked fine before even with windows 7 .
so I believe its something messed up in my pc it's self .
so now all the fun begins of backing up important things on a re writable dvd disk .  >:(

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 03:51:30 pm »
That's no fun. I hope you get it all sorted out!