dupa

Author Topic: Anyone still making plugins?  (Read 5393 times)

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
Anyone still making plugins?
« on: November 28, 2009, 10:26:47 pm »
I'm kinda disappointed that most of the discussion here seems to be about graphics and off topic stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not what I'm interested in.

Is no-one doing any work on making Hal more useful, helpful and flexible? Or have I just come at a bad time? Looking back I can see lots of activity a few years ago, but very little now.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 04:53:39 pm »
OK OK.....

Hold It!

I HAVE BUILT A NEW INTERFACE

Usable and programable... you can Extend you halbrain.db brain.uhp files into my interface too... Although I have compiled it for Alll systems it uses MSAGENT !

Its taken loads of time and STILL for me Its Just StartingOUT!
a HAL CLONE with my own programming and you can add your own VB, USE MY ActiveX controls and FUNCTIONS in your EvER EXPANDING BRAIN.... MULTI LEVELS OF Scripts and Databases file although i use MDB file MSACCESS.....

I Is Possibly going to be avail. for "Winter solstice" (X-mas)....on my site Or if your Eager you can Email me direct and i will send you a link to my SKYDRIVE to Download IT....

Although My current problem is to incorporate Snowmans Matrix DLL. But my problem is that it has been compiled by .Net Platform "Beta .Net framework 4" and is not available in VBscript or VB6 to be used as a reference "Interop VB6" may be needed but even my investigations on this subject has been limmited by microsofts "GENERALIZED MSDN" not as GOOD as it has been in the past... many of the developers have written books and tend to give less information to the msdn sites & technet than they do in their BOOKS.... Which are sold on amazon etc...

All my stuff is FREE... And is Really for FELLOW collaborators in this  
ChatBot / AI creator Circle..... VERY SMALL!..... Zabaware seems to be the Central POINT! Us Guys !

PS: Im real interseted in how to interface my project into Second LIFE TOO... probably a bit complexed for me... BUT!

Im still working on -
USER: "What is a CAT"
HAL: "Hmm. I dont Know ? What is a Definition of a CAT?"
USER: "HAL: A cat is a an animal"
HAL "What is a CAT"
USER "A cat is a An Animal", "An Animal is a MAMMAL", "A cat is a mammal!"

NOTE: "An Animal is a MAMMAL" Had been saved as definition of animal!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 05:01:02 pm by spydaz »

Baerdric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:38:18 pm »
I'm very interested and have sent you an email to your hotmail address.

Are there discussions on this board about the work or a place to read up on it on your site?

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:58:55 am »
I have been concerned about the trend for Hal to be just a toy.
I had hoped Hal would become like the Master Control Program in Tron. (except to behave a little better)

- Gary
See you here, there, or in the Air!

Baerdric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 11:42:54 am »
Yes, I see there is a division between Hal as a chatbot and Hal as an assistant. Both are equally valid I guess, but I prefer Hal to be an assistant that also chats, rather than a chat bot that can open a google page for me once in a while. Just a preference.

That said, I have always worked to make Hal more competent, not in chatting, which any human can do, but in doing those things which Hal is uniquely suited for, gathering information off the internet and reading it to me in a conversational style (which reminds me that I wanted to make a "paraphrase" plugin for Hal), handling repetitive tasks, and yes, when not doing anything else, entertaining me with video and audio tricks.

And to me it's fine if others concentrate on the chatting or animation  qualities, just as long as it does not end up being the only part that  gets worked on, those of us with more scripting ability or with more technical desires for Hal, should keep at work too. IMO.

spydaz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 07:19:01 pm »
Well
My first. was to create him to be an assistant to the active directory, creating users, changing passwords.... even as a NETSEND to send messages to other "HAL USERS" even to use the basic HAL "OPEN...."

now with windows 7 it seems that it is possible... without the use of third party software... a script can be sent to the powershell... and executed "Seamlessly"... this seams to be the best approach. now to get the powershell modules and execute them from VBscript... And Attaching "verbal commands" to the said scripts! and for those Extra Special ANIMATIONS....

Im Surprised that nobody has added animations to their responses with the haptek, ie when hal is giving a definition he seams serious and uses his hands to show he is explaining, also when replying in "Angry Emotive mode" Act accordingly! Although i am a msagent man myself... i havent had no time for creating characters latly...

Yes my program is a nexus for other ai's.
Initially was my attempt at reverse engineering hal. but eventually turned into something much more! and CAN contain HAL! as well as your OWN seperate VBscript brain... Which can be blankslate.. and used as a TESTING AREA for SCRIPTS....

Although purely for pleasure.... ITs a working modal.... and i would be intersted in comments... scripts to be added ETC.... willing to collaberate with other programmers working in Visualbasic6 or powershell
http://cid-a3ef1f6e7aa7bb92.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Spydaz%20AI%20PROJECT/Spydaz%20Ai%20Project.msi
a link to the installer MSI

http://cid-a3ef1f6e7aa7bb92.skydrive.live.com/home.aspx
Browse the skydrive lots of resources!

Baerdric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 10:18:56 pm »
I had a chance to play around with it a little but didn't find a lot of functionality, am I missing something? I couldn't change agents and voices, and most of the right click menu items didn't do anything.

Maybe I'm not understanding where you are at with the project or what the purpose is.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 10:52:22 pm »
Spydaz and I have been working on individual A.I. projects and also have shared information and ideas. I think We also both greatly admire Hal and what all Robert has done. I will not compete with him and will find ways to do this.

With that said, and I shouldn't speak for Spydaz, but we seem to be both trying to make the 'ultimate' A.I. and I think thats the 'holy grail' of any programmer.

I've been working on a dll that contains text parsing, database connection functions, easy connection to the DOS prompt, and many many other functions that will allow for a A.I. brain to be easily built. I'm doing this Matrix.Dll can be connected to a Robot or ... Spydaz's software, or Hal itself. It can also searve as an extra resource for an existing brain.

Of course, it hasn't been completed yet, but it's on it way.

Chat is good... expandable is also good, A thinking A.I. with its own agenda is my goal. I want it to want something from me.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

spydaz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 04:28:33 am »
I beleive this is whats Required!....

Working with FUNCTIONS and CLASSES IN VBasic & VBscript & POWERSHELL.

I also am working on the CONCEPTNET OPen CYC. Database DATA.

MadeOf: What is it made of?
IsA: What kind of thing is it?
LocatedNear:  
UsedFor: What do you use it for?
CapableOf: What can it do?
PartOf: What is it part of?
DefinedAs: How do you define it?
CreatedBy: How do you bring it into existence?
HasFirstSubevent: What do you do first to accomplish it?
HasLastSubevent: What do you do last to accomplish it?
HasPrerequisite: What do you need to do first?
AtLocation: Where would you find it?
MotivatedByGoal: Why would you do it?
Desires: What does it want?
CausesDesire: What does it make you want to do?
Causes: What does it make happen?
HasSubevent: What do you do to accomplish it?
HasProperty: What properties does it have?
ReceivesAction: What can you do to it?

really more questions are need to be associated with EACH TOPIC

All data stored in the same database, so that can be easily edited!

Baerdric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 05:44:56 am »
Of course, I love Hal too and respect Robert's right to make an income from it.

But I would also love to see a decent open source chatbot/AI/assistant that was of a similar quality. I would love to see one that was simply a set of scripts that addressed an open format DB. I would love to see DoubleAgent or a similar project used to animate it, and I would love to see it grow as a community project, rather than just a single or a few people deciding the direction of the progress.

I'd like to see it removed from MS dependency as well. Most of the scripts I've ever written require MSOffice to work. I hate that, even though I have Office, because it means that if I get a new computer, I also need to get a new installation of Office.

Huh... I just realized that I have never even looked to see if OpenOffice can be scripted against.... Oh look, it can... Gotta go play...