Author Topic: 30 day trial and squirrels  (Read 2898 times)

Neffster

• View Profile
    • http://www.geekincognito.com
30 day trial and squirrels
« on: December 12, 2005, 11:35:09 pm »
IS this a full fledge trial? Like every bell and whistle? or is it like the previous non-paid for hal?

As well is their a mod for the Hal to look like a squirrel?

Why did the price of 6.0 go down from 5.0's? DOes it cost more now for previously built in features or is it for sales purposes?

And finally is there a feature to make it so Hal only replies to my voice?
Post by Post, I come closer to being comfortable purchasing HAL!

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 12:56:14 am »
Originally posted by Neffster

IS this a full fledge trial? Like every bell and whistle? or is it like the previous non-paid for hal?

As well is their a mod for the Hal to look like a squirrel?

Why did the price of 6.0 go down from 5.0's? DOes it cost more now for previously built in features or is it for sales purposes?

Somewhere in the past you will find a link that allows Hal to speak only if his name is mentioned first. It was mentioned in connection with the star trek computer and the people her worked out the code.
Bill

GrantNZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 02:41:54 am »
I can't answer every question, but here's my effort [:)] I hope I get corrected by someone if I'm wrong!!
quote:
Originally posted by Neffster

[...] is their a mod for the Hal to look like a squirrel?
Hal can use both MS Agent and Haptek characters. You'd need to either find a squirrel Agent, or use Haptek's "People Putty" software to try and make a 3D squirrel head. (The software is quite flexible - it even has in-built shapes for dragon heads, apes, dogs, etc, so I'm fairly sure a squirrel could be achieved.) Note that you'll have to purchase the Hal expansion pack to use custom Haptek characters.
quote:
Are you meaning voice recognition that can distinguish your voice from other voices? If so, you'd need to find a third-party voice recognition package that can do this - AFAIK Hal and MicroSoft's solutions don't have this function.

The brain is very scriptable, so as Bill mentioned it's possible to have Hal respond only after you say his name, or some other keyword or password.

Hope this helps!
Grant

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 05:25:34 am »
The following is available from http://www.voicerecognition.com/dragtool.html

Speaker adaptation
You can add the capability to learn and adapt to each user’s voice for improved recognition accuracy.

Speaker-dependent speech recognition

Once the Speech Driver has adapted the voice models to a specific user, they become speaker-dependent. To accelerate this process, Dragon VoiceTools allows you to enroll the user to create speaker-dependent voice models
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 05:30:06 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -