dupa

Author Topic: 2 Brains 1 Thought?  (Read 3365 times)

raybe

• View Profile
2 Brains 1 Thought?
« on: September 21, 2008, 08:32:50 pm »
I am curious if anyone can remind me about having 2 seperate brain DB files to chose from for different personalities within Hal. If I remember correctly the new project Brain file you install still shares some information from the original Brain Data Bases you have already installed and taught. If you start a new project from the Brain editor then select the new Brain in the options menu how much information is shared from the original Brain and the new one? If any.
Thanks for any comments,
raybe

Bill819

• View Profile
2 Brains 1 Thought?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:54:33 am »
I am not sure if what I am about to say will answer your question.
If you have a previous version of hal, say 5.0 and have spent months training it then when you update to Hal 6.0 everything that you taught the old Hal will be incorporated into the new one.
Bill

raybe

• View Profile
2 Brains 1 Thought?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:35:11 pm »
Sorry Bill if I was not clear.
Using the newest version of Hal and using the default brain. Then deciding you will develope a totally new brain and name that new brain with a different Data base name that you can select from the Brain Options window. Will they share certain info or be totally independent for a totally different personality with the understanding that all the same plug-ins are used and the same settings. I believe that any brain that you select in the options (ex.Default brain or enhanced downloaded brain)will share certain information. I am not clear if that is a fact and to what degree information is shared and if plug-ins force some shared information if all settings are identical.
Thanks for the reply,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
2 Brains 1 Thought?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 09:37:00 pm »
Sorry Bill if I was not clear.
Using the newest version of Hal and using the default brain. Then deciding you will develope a totally new brain and name that new brain with a different Data base name that you can select from the Brain Options window. Will they share certain info or be totally independent for a totally different personality with the understanding that all the same plug-ins are used and the same settings. I believe that any brain that you select in the options (ex.Default brain or enhanced downloaded brain)will share certain information. I am not clear if that is a fact and to what degree information is shared and if plug-ins force some shared information if all settings are identical.
Thanks for the reply,
raybe

Bill819

• View Profile
2 Brains 1 Thought?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 03:55:19 pm »
Now that I understand your question the answer is yes. You can create dozens of new brain files and select the one you want to work with at any time. I am not sure though if they share the same data files or not as I have not done this myself.
Bill

raybe

• View Profile
2 Brains 1 Thought?
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:12:50 pm »
Thanks Bill,

Yes, I was pretty sure about the different project Brains you can use but like you I don't remember how much info is shared if any and what plug-ins do to share the info if all the same plug-ins and settings are identical.

raybe