dupa

Author Topic: Great Ai  (Read 26140 times)

srdickens

• View Profile
Great Ai
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:54:42 am »
Love the work put into kari2, is into a bit of bot work myself. Has a friend a bit more into it then i am,,showed me some code from the internal workings of kari2, seems its based on another bot called answerpad. I always liked answerpad,,thought it could be improvd,,be made into something more,,with a bit more intelligence. Answerpad has potential..And since the source for answerpad is given away free,,thinks people should work on improving it..Answerpad needs a bit of personality programmed into it,,and some programming to make it actually think more,,but as far as learning things goes,,answerpad is great at doing that.Answerpad has the backbone,,as its brought out wonderfully in kari2. Great job!!
srd

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:22:07 am »
Is there is anybody,or group of people who could improve answerpad?

I find her very good natural language bot and the responses she gives are reasonable. The cool think is that you can put it on a usb and run it from any computer without installation.  The other issue is the microsoft agent compatibility as it does not allows you to insert a third-pary microsoft agent.

Nice flexible bot.
Stelios Nicolaou

Bill819

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 02:17:30 pm »
Can someone provide a link so we can test answerpad?
Bill

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 03:11:42 pm »
http://www.answerpad.s5.com/

Google returned the link above.

Another AI with great potential was WinAlice from Jacco Biker.
I think he quite working on it and turned his attention to other endeavors...pity.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 02:20:48 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

http://www.answerpad.s5.com/

Google returned the link above.

Another AI with great potential was WinAlice from Jacco Biker.
I think he quite working on it and turned his attention to other endeavors...pity.

Yes WinAlice is a very good chatterbot. Jacco Biker did a great job in creating a desktop ALICE like bot.   The problem however, as with all AIML chatterbots like that of Alice is that they don't learn as much.Additionally WinAlice crashes very easilly.
Answerpad on the other hand, is true Natural Language Processing. The responses answerpad gives are quiete impressive, and amazingly sensible.  It has also feed-text capabilities and requires no installation. In fact, you can easily save it in your usb flash memory and take it anywhere with you.  The source program of it is free to download and modify.  The downside of answerpad is that it has absolutely no support as the project was abondoned by its programmer.  Also Answerpad does not recognize all speech engines and you have no flexibility to attach a particular voice (say a female one) to a MSagent female character.

I hope somebody to try and modify the program and at least fix the above issues.

Stelios
Stelios Nicolaou

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Great Ai
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 08:20:34 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

I find her very good natural language bot and the responses she gives are reasonable. The cool think is that you can put it on a usb and run it from any computer without installation.  The other issue is the microsoft agent compatibility as it does not allows you to insert a third-pary microsoft agent.

Nice flexible bot.

i have recently downloaded the source code.... VERY Interesting style of programming. Its learn from a text file feature is especially GOOD...

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 02:22:33 am »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

quote:

Nice flexible bot.

i have recently downloaded the source code.... VERY Interesting style of programming. Its learn from a text file feature is especially GOOD...

I think my wish came true.  Somebody from www.planetvixens has already taken answerpad and transform it to a reasonable bot. The name of it is Cynthia 3.0 if you wish to try it. It does not need installation, it can be inserted in a usb stick and carry it with you. It gives reasonable answers to questions.

My only problem is that I can not select my own option of voice to be attached by the MS agent character of my choice. In other words, I can not make Cythia speak with the MS character and voice that I want.

Is there is anybody there who can do that?  In exchange I will give him the dedicated brain of Cynthia that I have builded based feed, text files (fact files)I have created.

sincerely,
Stelios

Stelios Nicolaou

spydaz

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 09:23:46 am »
every ms agent character has got its own voice....

when you compile a character then the voice can be changed..

Or even in the original source code of the answerpad bot....

when the msagent character is loaded you can select which VOICE {by guiD} to be loaded....

spydaz

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 09:31:14 am »
quote:

quote:

quote:

Nice flexible bot.

Im quite impressed at the small amount of programming required. as answerpad Stores its data uniquely it seems to create Very good RELEVENT answers...

I think my wish came true.  Somebody from www.planetvixens has already taken answerpad and transform it to a reasonable bot. The name of it is Cynthia 3.0 if you wish to try it. It does not need installation, it can be inserted in a usb stick and carry it with you. It gives reasonable answers to questions.

My only problem is that I can not select my own option of voice to be attached by the MS agent character of my choice. In other words, I can not make Cythia speak with the MS character and voice that I want.

Is there is anybody there who can do that?  In exchange I will give him the dedicated brain of Cynthia that I have builded based feed, text files (fact files)I have created.

sincerely,
Stelios

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
Great Ai
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 12:16:32 pm »
Anyone who is interested in trying out "Answerpad" or the
original "WinAlice", but cannot find a link to download
them from, may also download them from my own web site.
They can both be found in the "Bot Resource Archive" section
for Hal and Alice at -  

http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
Gamer-T

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 10:54:29 am »
quote:

quote:

Nice flexible bot.

Hi there.  I have news from answerpad.
With the little programming knowledge i knew, I have downloaded the text file memory of answerpad and after having spent hours and hours on her personality, I have created a very loving and encouraging bot.
Encouragement is what we all need from time to time, not to mention love. So I give her brain for free as an attachement.  All you have to do is download the content and put it in a text file with the name memory and put it in the folder of answerpad. Then ask answerpad "Do you love me?"  You will be suprised how is going to respond. Also I have included a lot of encouragement thougths that answerpad gives when you ask her "tell me about persistence?" for example.

I hope you endjoy the new face of answerpad the same way I do.

sincerely,

Stelios Nicolaou

Download Attachment: Memory.Txt
147.5 KB
Stelios Nicolaou

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 03:31:32 pm »
quote:

quote:

quote:

Nice flexible bot.

Hi there.  I have news from answerpad.
With the little programming knowledge i knew, I have downloaded the text file memory of answerpad and after having spent hours and hours on her personality, I have created a very loving and encouraging bot.
Encouragement is what we all need from time to time, not to mention love. So I give her brain for free as an attachement.  All you have to do is download the content and put it in a text file with the name memory and put it in the folder of answerpad. Then ask answerpad "Do you love me?"  You will be suprised how is going to respond. Also I have included a lot of encouragement thougths that answerpad gives when you ask her "tell me about persistence?" for example.

I hope you endjoy the new face of answerpad the same way I do.

sincerely,

Stelios Nicolaou

Download Attachment: Memory.Txt
147.5 KB

Gentlement, the attached is a encrypted answerpad's text (memory *.dat file).  Does anyone could possibly advice me how to decrypt it?

What happened is that answerpad loads a text file called memory.txt but after it encrypts it to memory.dat file.  

(I have downloaded the source code of answerpad)
weblink: http://www.answerpad.s5.com/

Stelios
Stelios Nicolaou

Kathryn

• View Profile
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~kmhilton/index.htm
Great Ai
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 12:02:52 am »
I am finding this thread extremely interesting as I have had Answerpad for a long time.  It learned great from both conversations and from factual text files.  One thing I began to dislike was that it kept telling me that "Chat bots will rule the world".  Don't know where it got that from!  Suddenly it started "crashing" all the time, very quickly, due to some invalid fault.  My computer had memory failure and I have not reloaded it into the new one yet.  I found that it actually learned better and faster than Hal was! I will be interested in what you guys come up with for it.  Is the Memory text download just a text file for answerpad to learn?

Cheers!
Kathryn

Kathryn

• View Profile
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~kmhilton/index.htm
Great Ai
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 05:50:18 pm »
Today I went to Microsoft to download the components for Cynthia and got thoroughly confused.  Just couldn't find what needed to download plus it said that the core components are already installed on Windows XP operating systems yet search on my computer didn't turn them up. I used search looking for the cynthia voice files and it turned up no results.  So how about telling me exactly where I can find these files at ms.  Will appreciate it.  Thanks.

PS - one thing I always wished was a part of Answerpad was the ability to save the conversations.  Would love to be able to do that.

Thanks for any help.
Kathryn

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
Great Ai
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 08:19:38 pm »
Kathryn,   I have the files you are looking for to finish installing
Cynthia 3.0 , they are all stored in a zip folder on my web site. [:D]
If you would email me at -

admin@charctercreationsanddesignworks.us

I would be happy to send back to you a link,