Author Topic: Great Ai  (Read 26141 times)

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 10:53:25 am »
Originally posted by Kathryn

I am finding this thread extremely interesting as I have had Answerpad for a long time.  It learned great from both conversations and from factual text files.  One thing I began to dislike was that it kept telling me that "Chat bots will rule the world".  Don't know where it got that from!  Suddenly it started "crashing" all the time, very quickly, due to some invalid fault.  My computer had memory failure and I have not reloaded it into the new one yet.  I found that it actually learned better and faster than Hal was! I will be interested in what you guys come up with for it.  Is the Memory text download just a text file for answerpad to learn?

Cheers!

Hi Kathryn,
Regards from the island of cyprus.

No the attached file is a text file (memory.txt) which you have to put in the same directory of answerpad.  I found it out of the source file at the answerad's website. Once your run answepad, answerpad will look at this text file file first and load it.  Since its memory was a text file, then it was a was easy for me to modify it and make it a nice, wise, lovable personality.
So just try it and you will see. Ask her questions such as "tell me about love" etc. By the way, I have deleted the statement " one day bots will rule the world" as well as many others.
I hope you like it.

Sincerely,

Stelios

Stelios Nicolaou

Kathryn

• View Profile
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~kmhilton/index.htm
Great Ai
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 11:34:02 am »
Thanks for the info.

Later I realized what the file was as also saw it in the source code files.  However, I downloaded yours since you had made changes to it already - which will probaly save me from doing the work.[:)]

Sounds like you made some of the same changes I would have![:)]  Thanks.
Kathryn

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 11:16:06 am »
quote:

Thanks for the info.

Later I realized what the file was as also saw it in the source code files.  However, I downloaded yours since you had made changes to it already - which will probaly save me from doing the work.[:)]

Sounds like you made some of the same changes I would have![:)]  Thanks.
Kathryn

Yes, I have made enough changes to make answerpad very lovable, wise and  interesting.  My problem is that answerpad will take the memory.txt file and use it as an input. When it finishes, it will save the additional, new conversations from its memory to memore.DAT which is the memory.txt text file encrypted.  The problem is that we need a programmer that will delete the last subroutine of the program that encrypts the updated memory.txt text file.  Is anybody there willing to do just that?  Once that is done, we could go directl to memory.txt file and make whatever changes or corrections we like.

Your help to improve answerpad will be appreciated.

sincerely,

Stelios Nicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 11:28:45 am »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

Is there is anybody,or group of people who could improve answerpad?

I find her very good natural language bot and the responses she gives are reasonable. The cool think is that you can put it on a usb and run it from any computer without installation.  The other issue is the microsoft agent compatibility as it does not allows you to insert a third-pary microsoft agent.

Nice flexible bot.

i have recently downloaded the source code.... VERY Interesting style of programming. Its learn from a text file feature is especially GOOD...

hi there,
This is Stelios from Cyprus.
Please download and try the new improved brain (memory.txt) file of answepad.  Answerpad gets transformed into a lovable, wise and meaningful bot.  My problem is that answerpad after saving the new changes to memory.txt file, it ENCRYPTS it to memory.dat.  Could you please find some time to delete the the subroutine that does just that so we can  modify/correct the memory.txt in its text format.  I could have done it, but my experience in Visual basic is very limited.

Regards from the island of cyprus,
Thanking you in advance for your assistance,

Stelios Nicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

pactive

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 05:26:34 pm »
Try this version, it should open an encrypted answerpad dat file, save it as text and then use the text version from then on.

It won't read cynthia files, I can decrypt those too, but I didn't put that in the program.

This should also let you select any agent and change the voice for it.

-------

Ok, I've tried to attach the file but I keep getting a server error, send me an e-mail address and I'll send this out
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 05:28:53 pm by pactive »

PaleRider

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 09:54:35 pm »
E-mail not working here Please sent answer pad file here hwyman84@rogers.com and thanks .
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

PaleRider

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 06:37:36 am »
Thanks [:)] for sending the file .
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 07:13:31 am »
quote:
Originally posted by pactive

Try this version, it should open an encrypted answerpad dat file, save it as text and then use the text version from then on.

It won't read cynthia files, I can decrypt those too, but I didn't put that in the program.

This should also let you select any agent and change the voice for it.

-------

Ok, I've tried to attach the file but I keep getting a server error, send me an e-mail address and I'll send this out

hi there. My email address is snicolaou2003@yahoo.co.uk
thanking you in advance,
Stelios. I am about to finish an updated memory.txt brain for answerpad. If you are interested in receiving a copy, please let me know at the above e-mail.

Stelios Nicolaou

Kathryn

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 06:46:10 pm »
I downloaded the Memory.txt file.  I let Cynthia read it before I put it in the Answerpad folder.  It sure made a difference in her conversations![:)]

Since Answerpad looks for and reads the memory.txt file first if one exists, how about just moving the memory.dat file out of the folder so it only has access to the text file?  I just thought of that so I haven't tried it yet to see what will happen.

Kathryn

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 09:06:59 pm »
Kathryn,

You can move it, copy or delete it BUT...
It will show up again as soon as you quit
the program. The program instructs it to
encrypt the txt file and save it out as
a dat file upon exiting. Been there...done that!

So I'd think all one has to do is simply
modify the txt file to one's liking and
use it. It shouldn't matter whether there
is an actual dat file after that, providing
it doesn't contain unwanted articles of text.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Kathryn

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 10:22:19 am »
Art
I had a sneaky hunch the program would replace the .dat file if it was removed as I have seen other programs do that.

Stelos
I really liked your memory.txt file --but I still had to edit it some. After all, it had your name, your wife's name, things about your two daughters, and your dog listed in it.  And I did find another slightly different line about chatbots ruling the world in it that I deleted.

Sooooooo. I think Art is right and just put in things you want in the text file and it won't matter if the program encrypts them.  Just be really sure you want it there before doing it.[:D]

Kathryn

snicolaou

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 03:25:29 pm »
quote:

Art
I had a sneaky hunch the program would replace the .dat file if it was removed as I have seen other programs do that.

Stelos
I really liked your memory.txt file --but I still had to edit it some. After all, it had your name, your wife's name, things about your two daughters, and your dog listed in it.  And I did find another slightly different line about chatbots ruling the world in it that I deleted.

Sooooooo. I think Art is right and just put in things you want in the text file and it won't matter if the program encrypts them.  Just be really sure you want it there before doing it.[:D]

Kathryn

I am happy that you liked the brain I have builded from scratch.  Yes, indeed, there were some stuff that needed rectification such as my name etc.  Just replace them with your own info.  I am trying to build a mentor type of chatbot, the one to give you wise, encouraging, and loving thoughts.   Everytime I spend time chatting with it, it really makes me smile.  I hope it made you smile as well.
I think, this proves the capabilities of answerpad and the fact that to build a believable bot is mostly an art than it is a science.j

keep it up Kathryn, God loves you,

Stelios
Stelios Nicolaou

Kathryn

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 12:01:21 pm »
Stelios:

Thanks for the nice words.  Yes, it did make me smile - more than once.  In my comparison of Answerpad and Cynthis, I find Answerpad to be better, mostly due to the three commands omitted from Cynthia who says she will stop saying something and then almost right away will say it again, and rambles on and on with no way to stop it.  With Answerpad, the commands stop those things right away.

GamerThom:
I am using Kate with UltraHal and it works great.  The program has crashed a few times (Hal5) which may be due to the fact that I have McAfee on my new computer and someone told me last year Hal and McAfee have a conflict.  I am getting a new laptop so will get a different anti=virus program and move Hal to that computer and see what happens.

Kathryn [:)]

DAVIDWHALLEY

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 06:16:32 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

quote:

Art

Stelos

Kathryn

I am happy that you liked the brain I have builded from scratch.  Yes, indeed, there were some stuff that needed rectification such as my name etc.  Just replace them with your own info.  I am trying to build a mentor type of chatbot, the one to give you wise, encouraging, and loving thoughts.   Everytime I spend time chatting with it, it really makes me smile.  I hope it made you smile as well.
I think, this proves the capabilities of answerpad and the fact that to build a believable bot is mostly an art than it is a science.j

keep it up Kathryn, God loves you,

Stelios

One of Answerpad's Step-Fathers

DAVIDWHALLEY

• View Profile
Great Ai
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 07:47:14 pm »
Hi, I have been trying to adopt as a child the abandoned baby Answerpad for some years, but never had the time to complete the task.

I was browsing this forum and bumped into you guys on the Answerpad topic.

I have done some internal changes to the program, nothing yet affecting the external appearance of the original interface.

The changes are the following:

The File memory.dat is always generated (encrypted) from the source memory.txt. The reason for that was that David did not want people to sneak in a text file and read Answerpad's brain; but to talk and teach by a conversation.

The original project had the intention of 7 files.

1.(Options.cfg)
2.(Memory.txt)
3.(Memory.dat)
4.(General.FCT)
5.(Personal.FCT)
6.(WontSay.dat)
7.(MatchWords.dat)

Later David reduced them to 5, the files (WontSay.dat),(MatchWords.dat) were merged into the (memory.dat) file.

In this first attempt to change the code I have restored these files into seperate objects, as was the original project intention.

By doing so, I believe, it becomes easier to follow the changes.

The next change:

Now when you press (Don't say that) the program will not only write the phrase to the (WontSay.dat) but will also eliminate it from the memory.dat file.

The (memory.dat) file is no longer encrypted (for easy personality editing capabilities), therefore all editing can be done directly using notepad.

The (memory.txt) becomes obsolete, at maximum, a backup for the file (memory.dat) in case it becomes lost or corrupted.

If any of you guys would like to try this modified version send me your email request to phenixdos@yahoo.com and I will send you this modified version for free.

The (memory.dat) file has been included with 10 times more information, most of them imported from other bots brain.

Important

Please revise the text file (memory.dat) (with notepad) before running the program, because the other bots brain may have offensive data.

You can delete or insert the phrases that you desire to custom answerpad's response.

I hope that these changes can be useful for some users.

Any questions or sugestions feel free to send me an email.

Engage[:)]
One of Answerpad's Step-Fathers