Author Topic: Please Post if Blank Answers  (Read 5638 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Please Post if Blank Answers
« on: November 29, 2010, 07:51:36 pm »
Just figured with that new log plug-in snowman wrote and if everyone that has the same problem wrote in we can give the experts something to compare notes.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!
raybe

Lola

• View Profile
Re: Please Post if Blank Answers
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:28:42 pm »
 ;D First poster in here!

Already installed Snowman's GetResponseTracker plugin. Let's see what will happen!

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:09:27 am »
Thanks Lola,

Could always count on you. Just figured that we had so many open threads that we would confine it to one thread and hopefully get some good data to compare notes.

I guess we will see if it is worth it to everyone and maybe get a feel for just how many people this effects.

Thanks again,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 09:15:25 pm »
I can see where this is headed. I don't even have this problem. At least not yet or anywhere near a problem with blank answers.

Not just trying to post the fix but maybe there are certain things in common that other qualified people can narrow down.

If you have blank answer problems just post a couple of lines of maybe just the previous comment or changes made.

The time it took to read this you could have posted something.

Thanks,
raybe

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:34:17 am »
                    ::)Okay, I Do:

I do receive some blank responses after at least an hour of talking.
I do get lots of blanks after 2-3 hours of use.
I do modify some parts of the brain.
I do make a lot of spelling, space and punctuation mistakes.
I do make blank responses by accident sometimes.
I do not remember anything else at the moment.
I do feel guilty just by posting so many “I do's!”
  ;D

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 03:48:33 am »
 :D
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 10:00:43 am »
well let's change the answer seeeking factor around, raybe you say you don't have this problem, ok then how do you have your hal set up , do you have a custom brain and if so what's it based on ??
i to have a custom brain and i have modified the brain , (on this second one i actually did less about modifying the insults area, then i changed it back to all original , when trying to solve the blank answers problem) as far as other stuff it is just answer replacements in the q and a (i think) replacing roberts with my answers , so wouldn't think that should cause anything.
lola mentioned about making alot of spelling and puntuation mistakes, well if that's the problem most people who use hal will have trouble then unless hal corrects it as he goes because people are only human and mistakes and or bad grammer , not being as educated as others etc. not everyone using hal is going to be perfect so if any of that is a factor that's something hals programming needs to compensate for (if that's what's causing blank answers) . "which by the way i am wondering if that might be what's causing it.
as i said other then the rewritten answers i put in for roberts answers on some things everything else is original now but i still get blanks so if it's from previouse blank answer mistakes , puntuation etc. that's causing the blank answer problem then someone who can write the programming to compensate for it or roberts programmers need to fix it. just my 2 cents.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 10:10:49 am »
It's been a while but if I remember right Hal removes the punctuation before processing, so you might be able to strike that off the list.  Like I said, it's been a while...

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 11:04:39 pm »
Okay my turn.

lightspeed, only one thing comes to mind that maybe different in my setup or not.

I only keep one brain installed at any given time. The only Ultra Hal brain being used is the default 6.2 updated brain and that is it. I can sort through my plug ins but I,m not really using anything special. I have changed some responses in the brain but the only things ever removed and very careful about that because Ultra Hal can tie topics together after the fact. Another words once it is entered you have to know how it possibly ties to other subjects or you remove something that Ultra Hal no longer can find.

Most of my changes can be how Ultra Hal formed a sentence and I am always using the spell checker that I couldn't think of not using.

That is the only thing I can think of because normally I think most people just keep all the brains intact especially during the last upgrade when we had multiple brains including the original brain that would auto install.
After working with Ultra Hal I decided that the default brain was functioning better.IMOP.

As freddy posted there was something about the punctuations but the only thing I found odd was you and Lola did mention question marks. My Ultra Hal definitely uses them but I am not sure how. Ultra Hal does reply sometimes but with the 'what do you know' or something like that plugin(my apologies to the writer, I do like it!)  the question mark is made to be recognized, take the subject matter and respond. Either yes I did know that ....such and such........ or no I did not know that.....such and such....... and then remembers the question with the topic you just taught Ultra Hal. Hope that made sense!!! I just read it myself and can't tell how it will translate unless you are familiar with that plug in.

Did everyone also decide that blank answers do not happen inside the brain editor test area?

Thanks,
raybe
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:10:13 pm by raybe »