dupa

Author Topic: need a voice  (Read 5304 times)

tangerine3

• View Profile
need a voice
« on: October 29, 2011, 01:54:14 pm »
Hi,

My son is disabled (no voice) and has a program called EZ-keys on his computer (windows 7 home ed.).  The only voice that came with it was Anna by Microsoft.  We are trying to find a way to purchase another voice (but not use any software that might come with it) that is male and hopefully will be louder so we can hear him when he speaks.  Anna sucks.

I see this link on the zabaware website http://www.zabaware.com/products/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5

1.  Does the voice mike work with Windows 7 home ed?
2.  After I purchase and down load it will it automatically get installed to somewhere windows will recognize it and his software will "pick it up" when speaking? or
3.  does this product come with a software program that is the only way to use the voice purchased?

thanks

cindy waters
lutz, fl

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: need a voice
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 05:30:30 pm »

We are trying to find a way to purchase another voice (but not use any software that might come with it) that is male and hopefully will be louder so we can hear him when he speaks.  Anna sucks.
you can buy just voices, you do not need to buy a program to get them. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a program to get the voice you want though.
1.  Does the voice mike work with Windows 7 home ed?
not 100 sure but I don't see why not.
After I purchase and down load it will it automatically get installed to somewhere windows will recognize it and his software will "pick it up" when speaking?
if you are referring to the tts reader that you linked to, after downloading you will have to install the program which would load the voices you choose. if your sons program does not have a place to change which voice that is loaded on your computer, it is probably set to use the default voice. after squiring a new voice you can change your default voice to the newly acquired voice.
does this product come with a software program that is the only way to use the voice purchased?
if you buy the tts/ w voices, you should be able to use the voices in other programs as well.

tangerine3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:46:41 pm »
thank you are you an employee of zabaware?

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:59:56 pm »
your very welcome
employee of zabaware?
no, just a user of Zabaware products

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 01:37:31 pm »
And if all else fails, Ivona has a software package that is very specific to your boys needs.
But I'm not going to hide the fact that it is very expensive, but at this time the Ivona voice is the best voice on the market.
But if you have a little bit of time on your side, I suggest just going to their site and sign up for their e-mail updates.
This is what I did and they eventually sent me a coupon for savings, that's how I was able to purchase the Sally voice.
I hope I was able to help in some small way, may the Son of Man the son of God, eeya-su's be with you all the days of your life.

C load
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.