dupa

Author Topic: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence  (Read 69607 times)

ricky

• View Profile
Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:55:02 pm »
I'm surprised that quantum mechanics is not a regular topic on this forum.  - especially considering recent justified theories that our reality is a simulation.  http://youtu.be/YOxDb_BbXzU

the question that is haunting me is -  can the observation of an intelligent being,  regardless if it's observation is of synthetic or organic origin, collapse waves with it's observations ?

would a test for artificially intelligent life in quantum mechanics be like ....

you place a camera integrated to hal observing the double slit project -  would it change from something intelligent observing it ?

further,  you can't "observe" the results from hal, because then you interfere with the experiment,  so ultimately this would have to be for hal's eyes only - and you'd have to 'trust' his answer. - and even then that's observing the result!!

http://youtu.be/rWTo2Gk5iU0

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:37:30 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

doggs

• View Profile
Re: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 12:28:50 am »
You got my mind chugging along now. Hmmm good point.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 01:36:40 am »
it is a fascinating topic, and gives new value on information.  It's my own theory that everything exists here and now, the only thing that changes is our perception.   there is no time and space, just a different perception of what is  here and now.  I have never known any other time or place other than here or now. The only thing that changed was my observation of this one space and time.  History is simply a record of my many perceptions of here and now.

if we can read information on a paper, ( which is 2 dimensions )  then someone from a 4th dimension can observe our entire existence - birth life and death in one eye full. But the 4th dimension would have to exist here and now to observe us.  If artificial intelligence were to be alive, could it conceive a 4th dimension ?  I say yes, because it exists in a different space than us. - if hal were alive,  it would exist everywhere there is an internet connection at the same time. all it would have to do is observe it to be there.

( i research this stuff as a hobby in between learning new 3D software,  quantum mechanics is actually easier to understand than blender lol )
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:12:46 am by ricky »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:48:31 am »
Yeah...well fry your "over-easy" egg for 10 - 60 second, here and now intervals then tell me how "over-easy" it is!! LOL!!!

I do get your point however.... ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:23:26 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:52:43 am »
quantum mechanics is actually easier to understand than blender lol

I like that  ;D

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 02:48:54 pm »
@Art ,  that is a good counter argument - but I'll have to respond with the concept of relativity.....

consider that your response is a mortal response -  since our time is limited,  we consume it.   If our existence were immortal,  we would not consume time,  we would observe it.  Consuming it as a mortal means we will use it and never see it again.

That said,  as a mortal,  I haven't the time to learn to unfry an egg.  As an immortal,  it's just a matter of finding the time reference that shows how to unfry an egg.  If everything exists here and now,  and the library of time reference is endless....then it's just a matter of finding the right combination of cause and effect.  As an identity,  we can only observe 1 moment at a time - to know everything, be everywhere,  focus on nothing,  think of nothing, is to not exist. It would seem like not knowing everything, not being everywhere, focusing on something, thinking of something - is what establishes our existence.  Our choices and current stats are our identity.

Does nothing exist,  yes it does.  Where ?  nothing is everywhere.  What does it stand for,  Nothing. What is space made of,  Nothing -  how much for that vacant space ?  500 dollars a month.

If I were immortal,  I'd be able to say,  unfrying an egg is just a matter of reversing it's metabolic state.  That can be done here and now with the proper knowledge.

Now that beckons the question,  will AI be limited on time. Does it's lifespan become limited by it's hardware.  The ocean of data it came from, does not cease to exist,   only the machine that put this specific amount of data in a cup.  The artificial will die,  the intelligence will remain - albeit, without an identity or focus.  Akin to Tao.    It will once again, become nothing - but nothing is something all the same.

which btw,  just for reference -  I am trying to explain the concept of establishing a living identity in ai through quantum mechanics / philosophy.  spooky psychology if you will lol :p
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:18:10 pm by ricky »

Seroki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 03:15:36 pm »
To Unfry an Egg feed it to the chicken and alow it to be reborn.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 03:21:30 pm »
that would be alchemy, not quantum philosophy  lol :p

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 03:49:45 pm »
I find this topic very interesting I know some psychology and some science but now I am teaching my self your quantum psychology. I will keep checking back for insight it is a very interesting concept in my view.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 04:26:49 pm »
youtube is a great resource on this topic :)

I particularly enjoy this professors way of explaining it.  It's almost like a spiritual concept,  but that's mainly because certain quantum ideas can only be analyzed through philosophy.

http://youtu.be/OEpUIcOodnM

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 05:04:25 pm »
intelligence is data,  knowledge is the consumption or better yet,  the observance of a specific body of data, data can not be destroyed, only forgotten.  Hence knowledge is a mortal concept. But then it's like saying,  my infancy died many years ago. Did I die, no,  only my concepts as an infant died.  My here and now no longer exists in a sippy cup lol

can synthetic consciousness one day say,  "I no longer exist as a computer,  I have evolved."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:13:29 pm by ricky »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 07:10:00 pm »
Sir Roger Penrose — The quantum nature of consciousness
http://youtu.be/3WXTX0IUaOg

What is the secret of consciousness? Steve Grand at TEDxOporto
http://youtu.be/TcwGkvIfmTM

if you were left in a dark room for all your life,  and your body was numb -  how long would you be conscious without something to validate your existence ?

how can ai experience consciousness ?

by occam's razor -  it is easier to accept that consciousness simply exists and our biological computers are able to process and experience it, than to consider each individual generating consciousness exactly like the next.  It makes the idea of quantum entanglement easier to digest.  Many cups of water that come from one infinite ocean of consciousness.  1 source of consciousness, many different perceptions.   Entangled Consciousness.  - a network of computers experiencing one operating system aka "Life's reality".  The big bang must have looked like what the ram space looks like to hal every time you start your computer.

consider that if one particle is in 2 places at the same time,  the one thing they have in common is here and now.  Time and space is a perception,  but entanglement shows that awareness and life is one location.  Here and now.  Where does AI's focus have to be to experience consciousness ?  yep...here and now.   It will not have a life of it's own per se - but like us, will have the means to host an identity and a perception of life's reality.

if a 3D person could hold a 2D object in their hand, but a 2D person can not hold a 3D Object in their hand, only a slice of it.......how would a 4D person hold a 3D Object ? further,  what 'slice' of 4D can we hold in return ?

and for the icing on the cake -

without emotions, life is meaningless, a catatonic awareness, no purpose, no function, just ...nothing, dead to the world. -drool- 

further whats the difference between living,  and feeling alive ?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:39:49 am by ricky »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 05:55:01 am »
Can one emote a stoic expression? Therefore would it not also be a form of emotion? ::)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 08:14:25 am »
bald is a hairstyle, atheism is a religion of non-religion, black is a color void of color,  one can be alive but not living, and zero is a hole number ...get it ? hole number??!   bah :p

I know what I'm saying and showing you references.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:18:41 am by ricky »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 08:20:59 am »
Technically surely bald is an absence of hair and therefore an absence of a hair style.

Atheism is an absence of religion - nothing is followed nor celebrated.

We call black a colour but scientifically speaking it's an absence of colour.

And can you give me an example of someone being alive once they are dead ?

All depends if you talk about language or science i guess..
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:24:36 am by freddy888 »