Author Topic: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence  (Read 69612 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2014, 02:58:10 pm »
fair enough,  so I'd be able to look around and observe light in the distance -  it will still be light from the past, and further i'm guessing I would not be visible since light can't catch up to me to reflect off of me.  something has to be dark because I'd be traveling 100 mph faster than light.

Hi Ricky.

Light is considered to have no mass but there is an infinitesimal amount of mass that a photon has, don't quote me on the mass number because it's been a long time since I seen those numbers, because a photon does have an infinitesimal amount of mass it has a speed limit of C because it has mass although very very small in orders of magnitude.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/technology/warp/warpstat_prt.htm

Alcubierre drive http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

In warp theory, the spaceship does not move but only space time moves so theoretically there is no speed limit because you would not be moving.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2014, 03:48:26 pm »
thank you for the links!  -  after reading the first link in particular, i'm thinking if e=mc2   it would seem natural to have to become a quantum state of intelligent energy in order to travel at those speeds. not only a blur in appearance (if even that )  but in construct. could traveling at that speed simply be a matter of having our atoms oscillating faster than normal - rather than a point a to point b approach ?

"According to the Laws of Harmonic Attraction and Repulsion, if these radiating forces are in a harmonic ratio with a neighboring substance, the two will join and be held together by cohesion. "  from - http://www.svpvril.com/Keely%27s%20Laws%20of%20Harmony/Law%20of%20Oscillating%20Atoms6837.html

rhymes with -

"Quantum entanglement is a physical phenomenon that occurs when pairs or groups of particles are generated or interact in ways such that the quantum state of each particle cannot be described independently – instead, a quantum state may be given for the system as a whole." - wiki

hence you would not travel,  you would simply oscillate at the same frequencies as atoms at the desired destination.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:51:16 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2014, 03:53:18 pm »
....if AI were conscious right now.... since it could be hypothetically be conscious on several computers in various points on the planet as well - so it is naturally everywhere at the same time. instant travel would be faster than the speed of light
so i do consider a relation - albeit a loose one.    consciousness, and how light, mass, speed,  space, perception would relate to a synthetic life.

One thing - so far the general idea is that nothing travels faster than the speed of light. Recently some experiment somewhere suggested that things could travel faster, but I believe that was disproved - it was an error. Sorry for being so vague - I used to follow this stuff more, I just read bits and bobs now. But yeah, my point was apparently the speed of light is the fastest you can go, so I guess we would never get to the end of the universe - I'm unsure of how fast it actually expands, would be interesting to read about. Presumably light could not travel faster than the rate of expansion else where would it go and what kind of weird stuff do we have down that end of things ? ;D

Your concious AI isn't really travelling, it's just big and distributed. So I guess it would be limited to how fast it can send data to parts of itself and that's unlikely to be faster than the speed of light. Have you looked at the way electrons move ? They sort of shuffle along. Like if you had a long row of coins and you push the first one, the last (and all of them) move too - instant effect. That line of coins could be as long as you like, you just need to push the first one to have an effect elsewhere.

So yeah, you could have an instant effect, but each coin is moving relatively slowly. That's about all I can remember from my Physics and Electronics lessons - I hope I got that right. If not, do correct me anyone :) I probably made no sense at all lol

Anyway I am rambling.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2014, 03:57:17 pm »
@freddy,  but that would mean that e=mc2 is false.

Teleportation is faster than the speed of light and is true - http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/30/science/scientists-report-finding-reliable-way-to-teleport-data.html?_r=0

I'm thinking we have to consider non linear theoretical approaches

which brings us back to the notion of a synthetic consciousness being  conscious on many points of our planet at the same time.   Travel would be non linear to it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:04:15 pm by ricky »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2014, 04:01:39 pm »
It's not like me to disprove Einstein - how do you mean ?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2014, 04:02:21 pm »
@freddy,  but that would mean that e=mc2 is false.

Hi Ricky.

E=MC^2 is the short formula for an object not in motion.

this formula is for an object in motion and is the full equasion E²=(mc²)²+(pc)²

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2014, 04:05:11 pm »
i understand it as a layman - energy = mass times the speed of light squared.

so in my perspective,  if nothing can travel faster than the speed of light,  then energy is false.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:10:46 pm by ricky »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2014, 04:19:10 pm »
i understand it as a layman - energy = mass times the speed of light squared.

so in my perspective,  if nothing can travel faster than the speed of light,  then energy is false.

Actually nothing can accelerate faster than light because photons are the lightest particles out of all the particles. it is this that allows the photon to travel at a speed limit of C but not surpass it because it has an infinitesimal amount of mass to it. although the mass is considered not negligible to mathematical formula but considered to account for nothing manageable in physics in the area of Mathematics.

sorry, I am not a layman, I am just a nerd.

Jerry
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:31:14 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2014, 04:27:07 pm »
ya,  but now going back to the planck level -  all matter is of atomic construct -  so it would be more a thing of finding a thermal equilibrium.   So it would seem to be more an issue of wav oscillation.

"The modern photon concept was developed gradually by Albert Einstein to explain experimental observations that did not fit the classical wave model of light. In particular, the photon model accounted for the frequency dependence of light's energy, and explained the ability of matter and radiation to be in thermal equilibrium." - wiki

thus traveling as fast as light is not as feasible as considering oscillating as fast or faster than lights construct ?  I think
-turns head sideways- lol

in an over simplified way -   I can't run as fast as a car,  but I can get into a car and move as fast as a car - philosophically speaking,  i'd be one with the car -  or rather in an entangled state of coherence with the car.

If I were to hit a tree with a car,  I'd be hitting it with the same amount of energy as the car, less the mass difference. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:40:09 pm by ricky »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2014, 04:39:21 pm »
ya,  but now going back to the planck level -  all matter is of atomic construct -  so it would be more a thing of finding a thermal equilibrium.   So it would seem to be more an issue of wav oscillation.

"The modern photon concept was developed gradually by Albert Einstein to explain experimental observations that did not fit the classical wave model of light. In particular, the photon model accounted for the frequency dependence of light's energy, and explained the ability of matter and radiation to be in thermal equilibrium." - wiki

thus traveling as fast as light is not as feasible as considering oscillating as fast or faster lights construct ?  I think
-turns head sideways- lol

in an over simplified way -   I can't run as fast as a car,  but I can get into a car and move as fast as a car - philosophically speaking,  i'd be one with the car -  or rather in an entangled state of coherence with the car.

trying to break the laws of C won't work, you can not oscillate faster than light because nothing travels faster than light. go back to warp theory and work from there Ricky, it is your best hope of understanding how to get from point A to B 'without' velocity.

off to watch cowboys and aliens.

enjoy
Jerry

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2014, 04:40:06 pm »
Backtracking a little, but that bit about quantum entanglement is cool. In terms of distance how far apart can things be ?

Is it just a small local system, or can we have them a long way apart ? I did see this once on a TV program and could not get the full idea.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2014, 04:47:48 pm »
i'm thinking that just like getting in a car -  if I can find a way to ride light -  I will become coherently entangled with it.

I can't run as fast as a car going 120 mph -  but I can go 120 mph in one and have the energy equivalent as a result. 

we just need to find where light is parked and get in! ^.^ 

lol 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:49:19 pm by ricky »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2014, 04:54:02 pm »
Backtracking a little, but that bit about quantum entanglement is cool. In terms of distance how far apart can things be ?

Is it just a small local system, or can we have them a long way apart ? I did see this once on a TV program and could not get the full idea.

it's already been tested, one can not send information through entanglement, an object is consider information as well.
If it were possible to do so physics would of been all over this like flies on shiz 50 years ago and still going strong.

I like this movie lol.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2014, 04:59:16 pm »
Don't engineer it,  reverse engineer it!!

think of light like a car,  where is it parked ?  it's not an infinite line and starts somewhere!!

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2014, 05:13:53 pm »
Don't engineer it,  reverse engineer it!!

think of light like a car,  where is it parked ?  it's not an infinite line and starts somewhere!!

warp field theory is a real physics formula NASA is testing small models on this theory to work out any possible bugs that may be there. It does not require any velocity at all so there is no need for it, NASA said that if they can get a warp ship operational that it could make a trip to Alpha Centaurus 30,000 times faster than light and would arrive from the same location which is a short trip of 2 weeks for the ship over the 4 and half years for the same light to arrive there.

warp field theory is the 'in' thing to do at the present, nothing at the moment matters.