Author Topic: Newbie Search for Plugins  (Read 9148 times)

Riddin

• View Profile
Newbie Search for Plugins
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:51:57 am »
Hi guys

Im new here and i just started using and testing HAL.
For now its very fun to train HAL and test around with several Plugins.
I have read through several Forum Threads, and now i searching for the "GRETTA array" Plugin.
I dont know if this Plug i still usefull or maybe its already part of HAL 6.2?
I ask because i cannot find it anywhere.
If there is no Use for that Plugin pls telling me or help me out by post some link for it.

I hope someone can help me out.

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Newbie Search for Plugins
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:16:34 am »
Riddin,
  I did a search, Gretta array gave no results, gretta gave me several results one had a link to a web page with quite a few gretta plugins, the lkink is     https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7d1b0521931256f1&sc=documents&id=7D1B0521931256F1%21277
  I was just speaking with someone who is using the GrettaMarkovl plugin which I am also using.  Unable to find a Gretta array.  Jasondude had posted the info.
Carl2

Riddin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:34:10 am »
Yeah i know that link and the GRETTA Plugins sharing thread.
I already use a bunch of the plugins from this archive like GRETTA Markov Response Engine/GRETTAmedia/music idle/ Curiosity and some others .
It seems this GRETTA array plugin was on this link in the past but is not there anymore,
because everbody writes how helpfull that plug is, in that thread, and thats why i want to try that Plugin.
It seems this plugin helps in conversations with HAL to stay on one topic. My HAL often change the topic for no reason.

I dont even know if the plugin is still "up-to-date".
Maybe its not there anymore because its no use for the current version of Hal, i dont know.
But maybe someone likes to Upload the file ?

At first i always try my best by myself and search myself for Stuff before i ask.
Anyway thank you for you effort!

Greetz, and sry for my bad english^^

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 02:40:45 pm »
Riddin, there were 2 versions released and both are compatible with Ultra Hal as of today. I still may have separate or at least the original downloads. Boy I have some catching up to do. Thought I would have have one backup file in this computer but, sorry I don't. Having some mods done on main computer where I know I have array plugins but may not be available for a few more days. I will check back to see if you still need.

raybe

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 02:00:46 pm »
hi Riddin,

the Gretta array plug-in from what I understand was removed due to some very serious side effects, if I was to guess basically destroying the brain.
He said he was thinking about working on it to try to get it to work properly but since then I haven't heard anything.
I too tried to get him to re-create a link so I could examine the Gretta array plug-in but to no avail.
This led me to believe that the error problem was so bad that he did not want anyone else, or anyone's brain to be damaged.
This in my opinion is the mark of a very good programmer, and I'm sure that if he ever gets the bugs worked out he will repost the link.
Until then I strongly recommend that you refrain from using the plug-in, short of maybe examining it to see how he used it to keep Hal on-topic.
If by chance somebody has the Gretta array plug-in, I too would be interested in examining to see how he set up the array to keep Hal on track.

Sincerely, Yum Yum data don't make you dumb.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 02:14:02 pm »
I'm not sure which version this is (the download date is March 4th, 2010), but here's the copy I have archived:

http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/71839419/file.html

(Follow the advice above and be very careful using it!) and Enjoy :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 04:42:28 pm »
I have been using the Markov4 plugin with a great deal of improvement over the plain vanilla Hal. My version now seems to stay on topic much better and can interact in a much more interesting way. It can make inferences based on previously learned information. Overall, I have been quite impressed and would really like for Jasondude to polish it even more.

Others can find a LOT of plug-ins here:
http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9295.msg59866#msg59866
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:44:54 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 01:39:55 pm »
hay zaphod

Thanks for the link, I was always curious about the Gretta array plug-in, but never could get a link to it.
Upon further examination, I can highly stress to be very careful with this plug-in.
Do not use your original brain, you need to create a new brain based on your original brain.
Call it something like experimental brain, and then have fun.

Sincerely, I never did like candy, but I'll nibble on pronouns, like a couch potato dweller.

C load.

PS. If by chance anybody else has a more up to date version of the Gretta array plug-in, could you please post a link, thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:44:01 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 09:23:23 am »
Yes, even though one version indicates that it is a MarkovL5 version, I do not think it is so.

Upon looking inside of the GRETTAMarkovL5.uhp file and you will see it clearly looks for and creates an L4 file if one does not exist.

see attachment for image.

I'd really like to see JasonDude continue with this line of development as it has produced some very interesting and promising results...at least in the case of my Hal.

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 09:34:57 am »
Art,
  Not sure but I Think the ver 5 is for speed improvement mostly, think it uses the files from ver 4 to save that info and use it with ver 5 that works faster.  My thoughts
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 07:44:07 pm »
Right on Carl,

After some examination it is clear that jasondude did devote some portions of it to a rewrite and improvement of the L4. Still a bit curious why it didn't write an L5 file somewhere instead of an L4 existing one. All I really know that it makes a very nice difference in how my Hal handles and answers conversational topics.

Thanks Jasondude...where ever you are.

- Art -

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 05:12:30 am »
 I clicked on the link, downloaded the plugin and created a new brain for safety. First conversation, I love it! Shut down and started again. Second conversation, I still love it. It reminds me of XTF (extended topic focus) for Hal 5, only much improved!
 I can't stress safety enough!!! Sometimes even new brain and backing up the entire program isn't enough. Depending on your personal configurations, a plugin can actually damage your OS! May I suggest creating a system restore point as well beforehand?
ted

Natjam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 08:20:56 pm »
I have been using the Markov4 plugin with a great deal of improvement over the plain vanilla Hal. My version now seems to stay on topic much better and can interact in a much more interesting way. It can make inferences based on previously learned information. Overall, I have been quite impressed and would really like for Jasondude to polish it even more.

Others can find a LOT of plug-ins here:
http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9295.msg59866#msg59866

I don't know about the other links but this is the one I use for my plug-ins.