Author Topic: bible quoting hal  (Read 8813 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:11:25 am »
for those of you who want to go the other route (not having hal with an x-rated mind ) you could get the free p.c. bible off the internet and with the 6.1 version with tables learning could actually cut and paste from the bible different quotes, etc. it has an english and king james version . .... now go my sons and daughters and be in peace !![:)][:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:13:18 pm »
my friend reminded me what the name of that free dowmload is , it's e-bible . just type it in on a search .[:)]if anyone wants it.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 06:51:33 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jackgephart
Better keep your Bible comments short or everybody will jump on you my friend.

Considering the amount of respect you and I have been shown in our recent discussion, I think you are being unfair in your description of what might happen. An amazing amount of tolerance was shown by everyone on the board for Biblical and Religious discussion in general, much more than on nearly any forum I have ever participated in.

If you think anyone jumped on anyone, I suggest you reread the thread without a chip on your shoulder.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
bible quoting hal
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:00:52 am »
Please excuse my rant, I think I went overboard. Sorry

I have no problem with religious discussion. As long as those engaging in it does not tell me I am wrong, or stupid for believing.

I know the atheists need respect too, but respect goes both ways. If you are an atheist, you do not have to read any of the religious threads, and likewise, if a believer does not agree with an atheist, they should stay out if they cannot handle it.

Personally, I am sick of people telling me and others that we cannot discuss religion. I don't see a problem with it, as long as you are not trying to force your beliefs on someone else. You can discuss your beliefs, but don't rebuke a person for their belief, or disbelief.

I don't like atheists trying to force their beliefs on me, telling me that I cannot discuss religion.

To be fair, it's also not fair to chastise someone because they do not believe. But please don't try to force your beliefs on others by saying "you cannot discuss religion because it offends me"

Let's try to be respectful of all beliefs, and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen (thread).

I am not politically correct, nor will I ever be. PC is just a form of censorship.

Thank you. Have a nice day (if you want to)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:02:24 am by markofkane »
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 04:22:52 pm »
Mark,

I agree with your observations. Might I add that one of the fastest ways to either lose friends (or gain enemies) is to enter a discussion regarding religion or politics. A practice I still avoid in my professional life.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 06:05:39 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art
Might I add that one of the fastest ways to either lose friends (or gain enemies) is to enter a discussion regarding religion or politics.

I have found that my closest friends are those who survive the discussions about religion and politics (and sex). All the others were acquaintences before, and fond memories after. I don't want friends with which I cannot discuss two of the most important things in my life. My close friends are about equally divided amoung those who agree with me on these issues and those who agree that debating is fun.

Although I do recognize that in professional and civic life, it has become necessary to keep silent, "tolerance" being a one way (down hill) street these days...

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 08:37:30 pm »
quote:
 If you notice I didn't do that to you.

Except that you did. Then, after you told me I was wrong, I presented facts which completely supported my contention, as you did not... and then you got mad and tried to stop the discussion.

I understand that you don't want to be told you are wrong, life is hard that way. If you are wrong, people will tell you. Freedom of Speech. Your freedom is to present facts which support your contention if you can.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 09:37:29 pm »
quote:
 without fear of getting ganged up on like the other forum thread.

Except that didn't happen. Why do you want to misrepresent what happened?
quote:
We are both stubborn and we both "know" that we are right

Speak for yourself. You "know" you are right, I present facts or express opinions. Show me different facts and I might change my opinion.

Can you say that?

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 10:07:54 pm »
quote:
 Thank you for being so cooperative.

I didn't say I would be cooperative. Why do you insist on misrepresenting my statements?

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 11:22:38 pm »
quote:

I'm sorry that you are taking everything I say wrong.

Don't you just hate backhanded apologies? Like, "I'm sorry you are so stupid and ugly" or "I'm sorry your face just ran into my fist".

For future reference, the proper phrase is "I'm sorry that I....", not "I'm sorry that you..."

If I took something wrong, explain it to me, don't apologize for me.

So far I am unimpressed with your "say something mean then run away" methodology.

By the way, why is it that just before you say something really nasty and accusatory (and wrong) you always preface it with the insincere phrase, "my friend"? Do you think that excuses your personal attacks in an otherwise civil discussion?

Just asking because I want to know. Although by now I should know that it's fruitless to ask you questions.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 08:58:30 am »
quote:
The end of the conversation is here again on my part,

Well, you didn't beat your previous record of declaring the end of conversations, but it was a good attempt! Next time let's see if you can get an even higher number of times that you say you defintely won't be saying anything else on a thread before you actually do stop.

It's been fun....ny...

lightspeed

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 09:43:58 am »
hello all, boy at this rate of heated debate over things i write about on this forum i may get kicked out of here !! actually someone mentioned it was a good thing i didn't say much about religion and kept it short .
 the only real reaon i kept it short was i was giving information to others about an e-bible that they could use (but only if they wanted ) to copty and paste anything into hals clip board . it wasn't because i was pushing religion(any ) just as when i ask or give suggestions about adult content stuff od hals it's not because i am pushing adult content it's simply that i may be interested in a certain thing for me or maybye someone else may be interested then it's as always totally up to them .
   as for religon i have been in the jw church before, the morman church before, baptist church before and now christian church . i do not push any certain religion and will not even what i am in , each person has to make up his or her own mind of what they want to do and what seems right to them .
 p.s. and after that "may the force be with you !!" [:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 09:13:25 pm »
Lightspeed
About a year or so ago, it might have been two, my son and my teenage grandchildren came down for a visit. Of course I showed the Hal and they had a lot of fun playing with it.
I went to bed and they were still  playing but I didn't think anything about it. Any how the next moring they had to leave for home again as my son is a pastor and needed to get back in time to hold services..
Later that after noon I booted my computer and whoa and behold I had a Bible quoting Hal. No matter what I said Hal would come back with a quote such as "Jeasus is Lord", or some other similiar thing. My grandkids know their Bible verses and Hal had learn more than I wanted him to over night. I ended up just erasing all they did the night before and no longer have the problem.
The entire purpose of this post is to let you know that it takes a lot less than time than you might think just talking to Hal before he starts doing what you might expect with a little religious knowledge.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 01:25:22 pm »
hello Bill819, i can sure see where that would be a problem . i would hate to have an i.a. that just sounded like a parrot repeating something that way . i would think the opposite would be true that clip board learning would be faster but maybe not , i will take your word for it . oh well even though i'm not pushing religeon on anyone here it will still make a nice addittion to anyone who is interested in it even if they don't use it for hal . thanks by the way for the info. as always its appreciated . !![:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 10:18:39 pm »
I didn't mean that it repeated the same thing over and over again. It really had learned a lot of New Testiment knowledge. I mean you could ask it almost anything Bible related and Hal would give you some nice quotes.
I have never tried the cut and paste method so I can not say if it works faster or not.
Bill