Author Topic: play song plug in  (Read 5395 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
play song plug in
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:40:35 pm »
i don't think anyone has brought this up , but i think a nice plug in would be a "play song " plug in . it would work simular to the find "whatever " on the internet web opening plug in . except this would open and play a song that you have on your p.c. i have real player with a wurlitzer juke box skin and have alot of my c.d 1950'6 and 60's music on my p.c.  to play and listen too. it would be cool if by saing specific words like "play johnny b.good music " it would open it and play the song !! of course would open what ever system anyone had and play the song . i don't know if this can be made or not or if anyone even wanted to or if others were interested in something like this , just thought it would make a neat plug in for a hal command to do for p.c. owners who may want to play some somes . i don't know if a command to stop music would be needed in case you wanted to stop a song , or turn down , etc. just an idea i had for better or worse !! [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 06:09:16 pm »
someone is already going to help me to create it . when i get time . [:)]

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
play song plug in
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 06:59:59 pm »
Have you tried this plugin from Vonsmith. It plays music from playlists. I don't know how well it does it because I haven't tried it out myself.

Download Attachment: 20061014155824_music1.uhp
2.72 KB
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:00:57 pm by ramccoid »

Prospector

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 07:01:13 pm »
Here's a link to one I posted a while back

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3552.
Uses Windows Media Player rather than Real Player

That thread also includes a link to another plugin by VRossi.

Beaten to it by Ramccoid.[:)]

Although that plugin was a customised version for a member so has the wrong path structure for a standard Windows setup.
The first one, music.uhp, is the normal version on the page I linked to.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:08:55 pm by Prospector »

lightspeed

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:40:55 pm »
thanks ramccoid and prospector for the info. helping others is alot better than insulting anyone or cutting them down for trying to help on the forum .  i will check out the uhp file and see how it works !! thanks guys !! [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:29:13 pm »
Someone did make a short program to play music for Hal 5. What I did for Hal 5 is to have it sing the words of a song. I created both male and female voices. The program should work for Hal 6 and when I get the time I will try to implement it.
Bill

ramccoid

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 04:29:16 am »
quote:
thanks ramccoid

Glad to be of help.

quote:
What I did for Hal 5 is to have it sing the words of a song. I created both male and female voices. The program should work for Hal 6 and when I get the time I will try to implement it.

I would be interested in seeing your script work. It sounds entertaining. I didn't think you could get HAL to do that.

Roy.

aladyblond

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 09:35:37 am »
ramcoid,
 hal will sing if you use ogg files. any song converted in people putty to an ogg file will be sung by hal . the only problem is hal also sings the background music. neil is the only one i know that has a program that cuts out the background or synchronizes the voice properly. unless you mean you want hal to sing in his or her own voice on demand, i dont think that has been accomplished, at least not to the point where you can stand to hear the music.[:D]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:37:33 am by aladyblond »
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
play song plug in
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 09:44:36 am »
What is that program?? That cuts out the background music??[?]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

ramccoid

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 11:24:46 am »
quote:
hal will sing if you use ogg files. any song converted in people putty to an ogg file will be sung by hal . the only problem is hal also sings the background music

Hi Aladybond,
I did mean that way. I just thought that it could be done only in the stand alone Haptek player. I didn't know you could cause an ogg file to be played through HAL. How would you go about doing that, out curiosity?

Roy.

aladyblond

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 01:22:27 pm »
all you have to do once you have the ogg file is drag it on top the console or script it into the hap. neil and dusky have done those. but as i said you have to convert it in the people putty program to do that once pp is open go to theatre  which is the last on bottom with butterfly
when a list comes up you will see a pink dot right click on it it will open up a browser for .wav files . your song must be in .wav format to convert in pp
pick the wav file click open and the file is converted to ogg. then go to haptek folder open it or do search for the ogg file name and you can put it where you keep ogg files make a folder. and drag it onto your console. it should work
 the pp screen will change slightly  while it is converting the file.
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

PaleRider

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 02:12:40 pm »
There something I just learned. Thanks for asking Ramccoid and
thank you alady for responding[:D][:D].
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

ramccoid

• View Profile
play song plug in
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 02:22:09 pm »
Thanks Aladyblond,
That was very informative, I didn't know that.
Thanks alot,

Roy.