Author Topic: Voice problems with non-zabaware agents  (Read 3092 times)

Dl7736

• View Profile
Voice problems with non-zabaware agents
« on: July 11, 2003, 12:28:33 am »
I have a problem with using certain voices with non-zabaware characters.  I have purchased voices from Cepstral (very good quality) and they work with zabaware characters but not with others I have obtained from the Agentry and Desktop Mates.  When I select the Cepstal voice, it works in the test mode and on startup.  But the voice goes back to some default voice after the character loads.  This does not happen with zabaware characters.

Any ideas?

DL

lostbowyer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 04:56:03 pm »
I have the same problem. I cannot use Cepstral voices with non zabaware characters. The Cepstral voices are sapi 5.0 while most of the msagents were written for sapi 4.0 voices. I believe that is where the problem lies.

lostbowyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 10:19:24 am »
I've spoken with Cepstral, the problem is the fact that MS Agents require sapi 4.0 speech engines. The reason the voices work with zabaware characters is that they are not MS Agents. Apparantly, Cepstral decided to bypass sapi 4.0 figuring eventually everything will migrate to sapi 5, however it sounds like there have been a lot of requests for sapi 4.0 support. They are evalutating backwards compatibility. The more requests they receive, the more likely they are to seriously implement it. Email them at info@cepstral.com

Dl7736

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 09:35:45 pm »
Is it possible to create a new zabaware character?