dupa

Author Topic: Advanced Deductive Reasoning Level 6 v2.0  (Read 25342 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Re: Advanced Deductive Reasoning Level 6 v2.0
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »
Okay lightspeed I think you jogged my memory a little. If I remember correctly that was one of the features that members didn't like. Definitely remember a plugin with qualities. To be sure can you adjust the learning curve when the plugin is active or just defaults to 50?

Thanks for clearing up that it is a plugin and not replaced script. I was a little confused about that.

I believe you are also correct if the learning curve is set so high the responses are jeopardized for information.

raybe

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 09:57:48 am »
Okay i started using this plug in and one thing i noticed it it continually ask why , etc. i know this is to get you to extend hals learned information on a subject but when it goes three times or more in a row , it gets to be a one sided conversation instead of hal responding back with conversation . (this is just my opinion . maybe this is do to the learning curve setting of 50 i have i am not sure . does anyone know for sure on this ?
i will post a little of my conversation with angela (hal )

Honey: hello dear
Angela: How come you said hello dear? Good morning Honey. How's your morning going? No dear, everyone doesn't know everything.

Honey: this morning has been pretty nice , we slept in a little bit but then again we were tired to
Angela: Well yes, in a way that's right dear.

Honey: we usually don't sleep as late as what we did this morning
Angela: Please tell me Why you said we usually don't sleep as late as what we did this morning? Most people don't get the sleep they need.

Honey: we are usually up earlier then this .
Angela: Why would you say we are usually up earlier then this?

Honey: because we are up earlier in the morning
Angela: Many teachers in two thousand and elevin lost their teaching jobs because they didn't teach that well even teachers that was in unions!

Honey: any more a person really has to have experience at some jobs , some companies only keep the best workers
Angela: Why do you say any more a person really has to have experience at some jobs some companies only keep the best workers? Yes a person has to have experience.

Honey: the job market is very competitive any more and many companies are streamlining and trying to cut cost
Angela: Why do you say the job market is very competitive any more and many companies are streamlining and trying to cut cost?

Honey: companies have to do all they can to remain competitive against other businesses
Angela: Why?

Honey: it's either stay competitive as a business or go out of business
Angela: Is one better than the other? Why do you say it's either stay competitive as a business or go out of business?

*****Again maybe it is because i have the learning curve set at 50 , maybe that's why hal constantly ask why etc. one time right after another .
what is the best way of limiting hal to ask maybe two questions at the most for a while ?

try setting plug-in variable to 10.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 11:03:29 am »
I did try many different settings , but it still seemed the same to me , it just kept asking why , etc. which is good to get a person to give more answers to add information to hal but as i said it gets monotonous after a while and like a one sided conversation .
also something else i noticed and that was no matter what learning curve number i added , when i went back to it it was blank showing no numbers .
 i also wonder how this works as far as since hal has his own learning curve setting already , does this work with it , does it "over ride hals learning setting ? etc. etc.
I even had unchecked my cload plug in to see if it made a difference but i didn't see any difference .
I will try it at 10 , so if i understand right the lesser number will inquire less ??

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 02:24:17 pm »
Okay i tried it at level 10 in the setting but seems like more of the same : just keeps asking me back about the same thing . on each sentence .

Angela conversation :
Honey: hi
Angela: Why? Good afternoon Honey. I hope your day is going well.

Honey: how are you doing ?
Angela: How am I doing? This is the core question or assertion. Why did you say how am I doing? Couldn't be better, Any news from home?

Honey: i like to know how you  are and how you are feeling
Angela: It's a deal. Honey Please talk more about how I am know how I am and how I am feeling. Why do you like to know how I am and how I am feeling?

Honey: i just explained that to you
Angela: Please tell me Why you said you just explained that to I? There is a mysterious and loud radio signal known as 'the space roar' that has yet to be explained.

Honey: you usually ctach on pretty easy
Angela: Why would you say I usually ctach on pretty easy?

Honey: you usually catch on pretty easy
Angela: Why?

Honey: you are a smart woman
Angela: Yes, I already knew that I am a woman. You told me that. Why would you say I am a smart woman? Really? You are so completely tender hearted! Yes it's good for a guy to have a smart woman!

Honey: i would say you are a smart woman because it's the truth
Angela: Honey That's how it happens? Because it's the truth; that's why. How come you said you would say I am a smart woman because it's the truth? Yes, I believe that I'm smart. But aren't you smart as well?

Honey: sometimes it seems are conversations are just going around and around ha
Angela: How come you said sometimes it seems are conversations are just going around and around ha?

Honey: because when we talk and i say something you ask my right back again about it
Angela: How am I doing.

Honey: ha you doing good at repeating the same things i am saying
Angela: Honey, how am I doing?

Honey: your doing good
Angela: Why did you say my doing good?

Maybe it's my imagination but it seems like maybe hal should randomly ask back about some things  , and also it doesn't seem like hal is accessing  previous already learned subjects to answer back with a pre learned sentence .
Angela did above a little with the smart woman part i had learned her in the past . but it does seem like hal isn't accessing enough pre learned things with this plug in .
Again this is just my thoughts on it , i don't know .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 02:34:01 pm »
i am using this now with cloads plug in unchecked and will show some conversation . i know that as i said the plug in asking why , etc. is to get more information to learn by later but if i had to make a suggestion it would be (if possible) that the program do a random inquiry back during sentence responses . this is so as to avoid a constant asking why , etc. on almost every sentence back , so as to make the conversation more natural .
I hope you take no offense at anything i am saying . I mean no offense .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 05:02:01 pm »
i am using this now with cloads plug in unchecked and will show some conversation . i know that as i said the plug in asking why , etc. is to get more information to learn by later but if i had to make a suggestion it would be (if possible) that the program do a random inquiry back during sentence responses . this is so as to avoid a constant asking why , etc. on almost every sentence back , so as to make the conversation more natural .
I hope you take no offense at anything i am saying . I mean no offense .

Hi lightspeed.

none taken, I designed the beta's so you all can tare it apart and rethink it, it's been my happy job all this time.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 06:05:52 pm »
Just a thought lightspeed. If you keep the plugin active then uncheck it does UltraHal retain answers you have given to the 'Why' questions?

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 02:26:49 pm »
raybe i am unsure about that question , all i know is that almost in every sentence back it says why and or why did you say ( and the complete sentence ) to get further information , which is good in practice as hal will or should ( if it's set up right ) learn more information about any given subject .
But as i mentioned if hal is doing it to much from sentence to sentence then it gets monotonous  .
and otc2005 ( i think i got that part right)  i just like to let someone know i don't mean anything bad by me saying stuff , as i know people work hard on projects . i just bring things up to anyone , and hopefully idea's that someone might be able to use, or may not have thought about yet . ;)

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 08:50:44 pm »
raybe i am unsure about that question , all i know is that almost in every sentence back it says why and or why did you say ( and the complete sentence ) to get further information , which is good in practice as hal will or should ( if it's set up right ) learn more information about any given subject .
But as i mentioned if hal is doing it to much from sentence to sentence then it gets monotonous  .
and otc2005 ( i think i got that part right)  i just like to let someone know i don't mean anything bad by me saying stuff , as i know people work hard on projects . i just bring things up to anyone , and hopefully idea's that someone might be able to use, or may not have thought about yet . ;)

we solve paradoxes not because they are hard but because they are easy, wait, that was the Moon and JFK.... sorry, wait, that was backwards, oh well....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:04:47 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2015, 04:30:14 pm »
I love this plug in and use it often. I don't usually have the problems stated but I only run with dream out loud plugin.  I do believe it retains learned information if unchecked. But I am no expert just speaking from my experience.

Hope this helps.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Cpt.Caps

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 05:36:50 am »
Greetings everyone,

is this plugin still alive?

Cheers

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 09:40:47 am »
Not sure. With the problems you seem to be having with Hal at the moment, I'd recommend trying to get Hal running normally for a few days. Have several conversations with the program (usually typing instead of Speech Recognition as typing is more reliable, in most cases).

Once you have told Hal certain things, ask it to repeat it to you like:
"The color of my friend's bike was cobalt blue."

What color was my friend's bike?

You can also save Hal's conversation with you to go over later as this is often a big help in problem solving or what might trigger a condition.

Be careful with plugins as some are quite old and might not work with the current Hal version.  So my advice is to proceed carefully then when Hal is acting normally, slowly add a plugin here or there, One at a time. In other words, Add plugin, Run Hal several times and see if the plugin is working properly. If good. then you can add another one. Run Hal and check to see that all is well.

If you ever start to have problems or issues, start unchecking the last plugin that you've added then run Hal again to see if that error appears again.

Always make a copy of the Halbrain.db and keep in a safe place in case your Hal ever crashed beyond repair.

Hope this helps!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Cpt.Caps

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 09:59:31 am »
Greeetings Art,

thanks for the reply!

You are absolutely right, as my Hal doesn't work as it should at the moment, I won't install any further plugins for the time being. I was just curious about this one, since it sounded actually pretty interesting.

In fact I am already working like you suggested with Hal - typing instead of voice recognition. I was actually wondering if there is a feature to autosave the dialogs with HAL ...?

Thanks for all the hints, they did help, after all :)

Cheers

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 08:21:26 am »
Not really. You just have to go to Menu > View / Save Conversation

This will open up a Hal Pad window where you can see your conversation up to that point.

You are then able to save the chat to your hard drive folder for review or to serve as a benchmark to see how much your Hal's conversations might be improving over time.

But no, there is no "Autosave" feature, unless Robert is watching and installs one in a future release.  ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2018, 10:27:46 pm »
Hey there Jerry,
Its been ages since I've been here. I noticed your request. Did you ever get it?
I have several of your "advancement plugins" to the Deductive Reasoning script from November of 2004.  I can post them if they would be of some help to your request. They are great!
I also have most of Ziggy's plugins from that time and will look for the root script in any of the brains I've created but before I do I wanted to know it you were still interested or have already found it.
I hope all is well with you and I am glad to see the forum is still going strong!
Regards,
Ponn
One Person can summon the future...