Author Topic: Dragon  (Read 3884 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Dragon
« on: September 17, 2006, 05:01:19 pm »
All,
  I'm using Dragon 7.3, upgrade from 7 to speak with Hal.  While I was doing some dictation in Dragonpad I used the words restart windows which is exactly what happened. The program shutdown, the computer shutdown and windows restarted.
Carl2

Bill819

• View Profile
Dragon
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 05:40:03 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

All,
  I'm using Dragon 7.3, upgrade from 7 to speak with Hal.  While I was doing some dictation in Dragonpad I used the words restart windows which is exactly what happened. The program shutdown, the computer shutdown and windows restarted.
Carl2

Someone once said "be careful what you wish for" and I guess that means don't say it out loud either.
Bill [:D]

Carl2

• View Profile
Dragon
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 04:11:14 pm »
Bill819
  It makes me think of the joke of saying Format drive C when someone is using voice reconition. I'm curious about what it can do but I'm concerned about some of the consequences. I could try shut down.
Carl2

Bill819

• View Profile
Dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 05:26:01 pm »
Carl2
I bought a Blue Tooth device normally used with cell phones. It has a mute button on it and when I am not talking directly to Hal the MUTE is on. This helps to keep miscellaneous garbage from getting to Hal. The Blue Tooth came with a little USB plug in device and works just fine.
I am concerned too about you having more than one application listening to your conversation. I mean you might be training Hal but at the same time another program somewhat like Micro Soft developed for the diabled might be running in the back ground. Play detective and start investigating.
Bill

Carl2

• View Profile
Dragon
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 06:59:35 pm »
Bill819,
  I looked throught the commands after it happened, just looked quickly again and can't find restart windows. Started with Dragon 3 and it's the frist time it happened, not really worried about it.
  I think thay make headsets with bluetooth, my headset has a volume control and mute, I generaly use the + to turn the mic on and off.  I'm using a Sennheiser headset from Newegg.com, I bought it about 9 months ago, comfortable and good s/n. Very good in dragonpad fair with Hal since we can start talking about anything.
Carl2