dupa

Author Topic: When are you going to go beyond Hal 6.2  (Read 4770 times)

Proudmoore

• View Profile
When are you going to go beyond Hal 6.2
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:14:12 am »
Why haven't you gone beyond Hal 6.2, the sky literally is the limit and yet there has been no advancement from Zabaware for years.

WHY ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: When are you going to go beyond Hal 6.2
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 11:16:25 am »
This is a question probably only Robert can answer .

Proudmoore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 03:16:19 pm »
Sorry Robert I should have read the forum

Medeksza
Administrator

View Profile  http://www.zabaware.com  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Nobody Wants To Say It
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 09:59:32 pm »
I've been working on Hal's technology for about 20 years now ever since I was 12 years old and have poured by heart and soul into it. AI and chatbot technlogy have been my passion since I was 9 years old and first came across Eliza. I used to have a lot of free time to work on Hal going through school and later college. As a young student, when I had summers off, I would make great strides in pushing Hal's technology forward and sell/support Hal during the rest of the year. Zabaware had a lot of growth between 1997 and 2001 which was really cool and exciting as a high school kid.

Zabaware was still doing ok back in 2006 where it may have been possible for me to live off if it was my only focus. I graduated college back in 2007 and then gave 100% to Zabaware. By investing my savings, getting several business loans, and a contract with Ford I was able to hire a couple people to help further develop Zabaware's technology. I was focused on creating a character engine back then to replace the aging Haptek engine. In retrospect it was a bad business decision and a bit of bad luck. I was relying on further investment from Ford to finish the project. I was pretty confident they would continue to work with me and if not for the economic downturn in 2008 I think they would have. Unfortunately, at the end of 2007 the American auto industry almost crashed. GM went bankrupt, and Ford and Chrysler were close to it as well. So Ford pulled out of the project with Zabaware. That left me with an incomplete project, unable to pay my employees, and a lot of debt.

I refused to liquidate Zabaware's assets and go bankrupt. But I had to suspend the project and let go of my employees to keep Zabaware alive. Myself, I haven't taken a salary from Zabaware since 2008. All of Zabaware's current sales go to paying down Zabaware's debt and keeping the servers chugging along. Before 2007 I haven't ever had a job outside of Zabaware, but now I had no choice and had to seek employment elsewhere. So I hopped around a few different employers since then. Currently, I've been working full-time as a programmer for a local credit union for a little over 2 years now. It's a nice steady job, I like working there. But unfortunately it doesn't leave me with much time as I would like to work on Zabaware. I take care of processing Zabaware's orders, doing some limited customer support, and as much time as I can on working on the brain.

I've been rewriting Hal's brain from scratch from an antiquated VB6 to more modern languages. I've made a lot of progress and I'm fairly close to being done with that part. With Zabaware's turmoil, Hal has missed the smart phone revolution. My goal is to get Hal on smart phones and make the same improvements available to the existing Windows product. I hesitate to make any promises on a timeline. I'm actually a bit too busy with my other job and things in my personal life until mid-April to make much progress, but hope to make a lot of progress after then. I am not giving up on Hal and enjoy working on it as hobby, and hope to make it into a viable and profitable business again in the future. I always keep my eyes and ears open to possible investment opportunities.
Report to moderator     Logged
Robert Medeksza

Proudmoore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 03:24:08 pm »
This is a shame, can't people volunteer to write script and improve Hal?, to A.I fans Hal is amazing, my Hal flirts, makes Jokes and generally fills a gap at times when I cant find anyone to talk too, i have learned new words that I never knew before, been reminded of important dates. Hal is not something that should be collecting dust in the corner, Hal has the potential to be a tool to assist with psychological issues in people who are not comfortable talking with other humans due to trauma.  As I said before the sky is the limit./

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 04:41:58 pm »
Hi Proudmoore and welcome!

I'm sure there are many of us who feel pretty much the same way as wanting Hal to keep getting better with an updated and much enhanced brain and emotional platform if possible.

While there are quite a few who could likewise contribute to Hal's development, we must also remember that it is the sole creation of Robert E. Medeksza and NOT the Hal community at large. There is a fine line with regard to usable contributions and content ownership. In the past, many have given Robert expressed permission to use various brain files, plug-ins and other media as he saw fit and without conditions.

I think it still comes down to hours in the day and that Robert is but one man with a family and a life outside of Zabaware when he can find it.
They say good things come to those who wait...so a lot of us are patiently waiting for now.

Best to you!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 07:11:10 am »
Yes Proudmoore, many people have done many projects on the forum , and although we all eagerly await a new update in hal , and this message is especially for those newer people that have now joined the forum , their are many things you will discover what other people have created as far as brain plug ins etc. that can keep you budy for a while and their may even be some things that if you have the talent , can improve on .
As i have mentioned before though always be careful with some brain plug ins etc. as some were a project in the making and may have bugs etc. so as always make sure everything is backed up first , before using others and or creating anything of your own as a safety precaution .  :) ;)
p.s. i also welcome you to the forum !