dupa

Author Topic: Multi - Hal's? And Research ability  (Read 2338 times)

Neffster

• View Profile
    • http://www.geekincognito.com
Multi - Hal's? And Research ability
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:46:17 am »
Can you have multiple personalities for Hal? Say one for more of a professional use and one sort of a "personal" or say, adult-like use? My idea is to go from English Gentlman to smokey voice vixan with a command. Just an idea...

And can I set Hal to research items so it becomes an "expert" in a certain field of study based on what is avaliable on the internet? It is something I would like to discuss with it, but I would for it to develop its own "knowledge" out these items on its own, but come to a sort of "understanding" via a conversation with me.

I have yet to register a copy, my eval copy never went because I found out my main pc's mic input is taken up by my speakers - and even so I never had a mic that worked (solved that by going to the store, cheap but it works!) So I may try it on a secondary PC. I am considering, if I truly love Hal and cannot part with it, making a dedicated box for hal using older but still usable parts (I have a mobo and cpu around here somewhere!) Anyhow; those are my questions for now.

Thank you.
Post by Post, I come closer to being comfortable purchasing HAL!

Holllywood

• View Profile
Multi - Hal's? And Research ability
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 03:30:37 pm »
It can be done using XTF brains. Just give each XTF a name, each one needs its own default folder. Start with a new (clean) default folder. Give it a name and have your XTF brain call from that folder.
Example:
 Rename XTF brain and change the name of the default folder.

'Type=Brain
'Name=Vanessa                      
'Language=VBScript
'DataFolder=Vanessa
'
'(c) 2003 Zabaware, Inc. Portions of this script are copyright by Zabaware, Inc.
'This script may be freely distributed, but only for the purpose of being used with one
'of the following software: Ultra Hal Assistant, Ultra Hal Representative, Ultra Hal SDK
'
'(c) 2003, 2004 Scott Higgins. Portions of this script are copyright by Scott Higgins, aka: =vonsmith=
'This script shall not be sold or used for any purpose unless specifically authorized by the author
'in writing. Personal (non-business) use of this script is free for users of Ultra Hal Assistant.
'The author may be contacted as vonsmith via the user forum at www.zabaware.com.

As long as each brain has its own default folder anything you teach it stays with that Brain. It will show up in your Brain options with the name you have given it. Hope this helps
Hollywood