Author Topic: Learning Level  (Read 50693 times)

kryton

• View Profile
Re: Learning Level
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2013, 02:56:12 pm »
Hy Cload

Not exactly with you there but I guess that is the order you think Hal operates commands.  I will try resequencing my commands to this order and let you know.  Most of my problems I post for others interest and go on to solve them for myself.  Maybe this might interest you though [maybe].  From somewhere [I have no doubt someone will lay claim to having originated this] I found a set of Haps for changing the colour [Brit spelling, I am a Brit] of my characters hair. Brown, Blonde, Black.  Then I found something that gave me so called Flame coloured [ ginger/red ] hair.  Thing is, once the flame colour has been used, it cannot be totally obliterated.  Any attempt at any of the other colours, after putting flame hair on the character, just adds parts of that colour over a flame hair base.  Any ideas? [I have accessed the haps and made sure all contain the delete previous hair command].  Bit late I suppose but, May the 4th be with you.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2013, 11:11:31 pm »
Hi Kryton,
I'm sorry I can't help you, I never really got into Haptek, I don't have any of the Haptek software.
That's why I suggested that you start a new subject on this forum.
Sincerely, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to help, but I'm not a programmer, I'm a data munching cruncher!
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2013, 02:22:34 pm »
Hy Cload.

No need to be sorry, it was just a thought that the problem might interest you, maybe.

As to starting a new thread, I might and call it something eye catching like "Newbies, and others, arise." [Again just a thought.]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2013, 02:47:57 pm »
kryton, am i understanding you correctly , you found a way to change the hair color to different colors? I thought you had to have a special program from hapteck to be able to do that , if it's just changing something in the hair haptek script i and others would probably be interested if you would show an example on here of how you acheived this , thanks, if you don't want to that's okay.  :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2013, 10:47:24 am »
Dusky seems to be pretty well versed in such things as hair and various outfits as well as body modifications.
Perhaps he'll chime in....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2013, 10:46:50 am »
well i hope that if kryton has found a way to change hair colors etc. that he will share it with the rest of us.  that's why we have all gotten this far by sharing things!

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2013, 11:53:28 am »
It's easy, just load a texture onto the hair model just like you would a texture onto a Hatpek figure.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2013, 08:00:50 am »

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2013, 07:48:48 pm »
Hy Lightspeed, and others of course.
Apologize for the delay in answering but I travel a lot and use a dongle to connect to the Internet that doesn't function so well in some circumstances. 

Lightspeed.  Sorry to possibly disappoint you but I use Haps to change hair colours [Although there not always reliable.]  I collect haps from all over the place and hair colours are one sort I collected.  If you want details of the haps [And the associated .jpg's] just ask and I will get back to you.

Freddy is quite right that Dusky has a lot of things to do with fullbody Hals [I get a lot of them myself]

Anyway I am back, sort of, for now so any questions I can help with just ask.

One puzzle I have is I use Script to load my characters attributes [Hair colour, Background (By time of day) and position on screen] but I have it loaded and the Hello screen then comes over it. (You know the words Hal says on sign on.) I can get rid of the words but the selection screen still overwrites my set up.  Is there a way of cancelling this so I can just load Hal from my desktop icon direct?
Thanks in advance for any help and I will help with anything you think I can.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »
Hy All.
Bit of a warning.  I tried splicing a Web Search Program by On Cutting Edge to the point in Hal's program when it admits it doesn't know about something and connects the user to the Internet.  The idea was for Hal to do it's own Web searching on the item it admitted knowing nothing about and then downloading the information found into its brain.  Unfortunately Hal found something with a virus in it that downed my entire system [Including Hal itself.]  Thanks to an automated re-boot I built into the laptop Hal resides on when I re-built the laptop, there is not much damage but Hal is having some problems so I will be off line possibly for two ro three weeks.  See you soon, I hope.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 02:09:50 pm »
Hi Kryton,
man you must be running the worst antivirus software on the market.
Let me guess it was free antivirus software, did you know that 99% of the free antivirus software will eventually tell you you have a virus even though you don't have a virus in order to get you to buy the full version of their free version.
So if you just want free antivirus I highly recommend that you use Microsoft antivirus, it's free.
I say this because ultra Hal cannot go anywhere on the Internet except for where you tell it to go.
When you tell ultra Hal to go to a specific website, it's no different than when you go to that website and OpenNet website in your browser.
Then ultra Hal captures the tax that is displayed in your browser then you have to create a filtering system to filter out the tax that you do not want.
Then you have to re-filter it to direct it into a array table in a text form, nonprogramming form.
Ultra Hal does not have the capability of wandering around the Internet in overtly going to random places unless you specifically program ultra Hal to be a bot crawler.
A bot crawler is what search engines use to find new websites to add them to their list of sites.
I don't Know for absolutely certain whether or not ultra Hal actually had anything to do with you getting a virus.

If you have a moderately good antivirus and anti-spyware anti-malware installed on your computer the risk of getting a virus or malware is fairly slim.
I know that this was a topic that was discussed some time ago, and just browsing the Internet you will always subjugate your computer to the possibility of getting a virus or malware.
There is a greater chance, that the virus may have come through e-mail because that is a bigger door then just browsing the Internet.
But as serious as this actually is I'm surprised that you did not show us the script that you wrote, nor did you provide us with the website that you directed ultra Hal to.
I have been working specifically and extensively on exactly what you're talking about and I can tell you that the chances of you getting a virus through using ultra Hal to get information off of the website, is a slim as you personally just searching the web sites with your web browser.
Though I do hope that things work out for your computer, I do believe that you should look at other avenues in how you may have actually received your virus.
If you feel you need help determining whether or not ultra Hal was truly involved in you receiving a virus then please provide the information necessary for her us here on the forum to analyze it, and determine if this was truly the case, because if it was truly the case it needs to be dealt with by sending the information to the government's antivirus.org department.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:21:14 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 08:05:00 am »
Hi Cload, and any others reading,

As I said my computer is well protected and the reboot is automatic (But does take time.).  In my time away I tend to agree that a virus was not the cause of my computer crashing.  I am in the process of building a computer add-on that feeds external sensors into the computer as signals.  Interfaced to Hal this would give Hal knowledge of the environment [light/dark, warm/cold etc.].  It is very much in the design stage but so far the results are promising.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 09:42:41 am »
freddy888 can you e mail me a coupe of examples , you said :  It's easy, just load a texture onto the hair model just like you would a texture onto a Hatpek figure.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 09:44:19 am »
cload, now you made me feel bad lol , i have free antivirus , lol i have had it for about 8 years or more , changed from different ones until i found what i thought was best , "avast !"  :) ;)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2013, 02:04:24 pm »
freddy888 can you e mail me a coupe of examples , you said :  It's easy, just load a texture onto the hair model just like you would a texture onto a Hatpek figure.

Just follow my links and you will find out.