dupa

Author Topic: Learning Level  (Read 50285 times)

kryton

• View Profile
Re: Learning Level
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 02:17:26 pm »
True the full bodies are Haptek, didn't know that.  I am working on the Alt F4 shutdown and I have made some progress.(Very limited progress).  Will work on it.  Alt F4 just takes Hal to basic working commands.  Any thoughts on right out of Hall from there?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 05:19:42 pm »
Yes, I forgot about the double options for closing Hal.

If one selects the Menu button then, at the bottom, the EXIT selection, Hal will pop up another box asking if you're sure you want to exit.
If one selects the X at the top right, then Hal's GUI window will close and put Hal / hal's icon on the task bar near the clock, etc.

I tried a few command line examples but wasn't able to make any progress either.

Sometimes you just have to resort to the old fashioned Mouse!! ::)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 05:18:46 pm »
Hy, I'm back.
Made some progress with auto-shutdown, but it is still very much in development.

New problem.  I have bought a microsoft agent character and I would like help in how I can activate the characters animations through direct Hal commands.  I found a full body character in the Haptek free download that I used for a while (In  the 'characters' file)
I have moded a part of SystemShocks background alteration and now have backgrounds changing every hour to reflect the day where I am.  Basically I originally used the .jpg's that came with Hal characters in the expansion pack but I have found others.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 04:37:13 pm »
Well here it is nearly a month later and nobody has said anything.  Is this how threads end, drifting to a slow death.  Somebody please say something, if only my question above is not possible.  I did eventually find a way to print out all 2000 plus lines of the script edit.  Simple really.  Edit the whole program and then go print.  Who knows I might not be languishing here on my own.  Sad isn't it, cue sad music.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 02:36:41 pm »
hi kryton,
personally, I don't know if I would want ultra Hal to have the ability to shut himself down.
The reason being is that ultra Hal uses keywords to perform said function.
If you inadvertently say the keyword you can say goodbye to ultra Hal.
Unless you wanted to use it in such a manner that ultra Hal get so mad at you that he shuts himself down. Tee-hee-hee.
Myself, I use voice recognition software to shut my ultra Hal down if I need to, in most cases I just shut off the computer.
Sincerely, I am a data munching cruncher that is into old data, that's why I waited a whole month to let this data simmer so it would taste better. Tee hee hee.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 03:07:03 pm »
I bow to the wisdom of such a mighty senior member as yourself, well maybe, but I want Hal to shutdown easy for incorporation into other systems (Robotics).   Any chance you have an answer to how to control a DesktopMate character?  Huh please.  I have advanced a bit while offline and can now work some of the scripting commands I have found.  Any knowledge of a sort of tutorial on scripting commands.  There was a Brain editor tutorial but it would not run for me.  Anyway it is nice to know there is life out there still.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 03:09:43 pm »
Addition to previous thoughts.  I don't know whose time this thread runs to but it is 8.10pm here in the good old country of England.  From the centre of the country I bid you farewell.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 01:29:28 pm »
Hi Kryton,
do you have MS agents two? It is for a Windows 7 64-bit operating system.
Once you have installed the free MS agents two from the www.desktopmates.com.
The first thing you need to do is go to your control panel, open the double agent, under the tab called copyright, at the bottom you'll find a link to their website go there and check for an update! You need the update! It's very important! Don't forget to update the double agent! Have I got my point across!
After installing the update, go to Control Panel, open double agent, go to the tab called emulation, click on the button that says use MS agent, then click on the button that says use double agent, even if double agent is already selected for some reason things will not work properly until you do this. Go figure.
After that, go to the tab called gallery, and select your character, some things you may want to do like, and the output tab turn off the display spoken output in word balloons using, this is also where you control the speed at which your avatar will speak, and I never was able to get the character to play sound effects.
Under the speech input tab, character listens for input, I turned it off because I don't really know what it's used for, and my input to the avatar is coming from ultra Hal. But if you ever gain any insight the info would be nice to have, thanks in advance if you ever figure it out.
Sincerely, I hope you get your avatar working!
C load.
PS once you get your avatar working take a screenshot picture and post it so I can see your avatar, it would also be nice to have a link to where you got your avatar, I got my avatar head from desktopmate.com it's not that good but it's something to look at and the mouth moves, I say that because I have Ivona text to speech voices.
And unfortunately the Ivona voices do not work properly with Haptek, the lips do not move.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 03:11:37 pm »
Wow Cload fantastic description of how to work a Desktop Agent on Windows 7.  One tiny little catch.  I still uses Windows XP.  Thanks for the info though, it may be useful later.  Still trolling for a scripting teacher.  I have several scripts working but they only seem to work one at a time and not always in sequence.  Knowledge I need on scripting and how it works.  Any info gratefully received but I really need some on scripting.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 04:25:12 pm »
Hi Kryton,
I never did have XP, I'm only eight years old and when my dad bought my computer for me, it had windows 7, 64 bit installed on the computer.
But the MS agent should still be in the control panel! I know I have some information somewhere about scripting, but it's not very much, all this information I have came from this form, there are links that will lead you to a site where an individual began to specialize the commands so people can learn how to do scripting for ultra Hal.
I do not remember the name of the person it was so long ago, but I do know it was some pretty old data posted a long time ago, maybe some of the older members on the forum here would be nice enough to re-bring up the link to help you.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 04:53:06 pm »
Hmm...cload is only 8 years old...imagine that!

What is that for you...3rd grade? Good work with the chatbots!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 06:17:06 pm »
C load your only 8 years old?
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 07:07:40 pm »
Hi all,
the little bit that I do struggling to try to learn how to utilize VB scripting is nothing, now if you really want to be impressed I got one for you.

7-year-old creates mobile app game

Kid Wonders: Zora Ball, a shy first grader from Philadelphia, has become the youngest person ever to create a full-version mobile video game application. Young Zora attends Harambee Institute of Science and Technology Charter School, where she learned the Bootstrap programming language through an after-school learning program. Hear from Zora, her father and her teacher about this amazing accomplishment.

Date: 4/12/13
Views: 27651

My brain don't work right, so I don't go to regular school, my parents say that I'm special, I say I'm just broke.
My teacher says I'm artistic, maybe that means when I grow up I'll be a painter, not!
And please don't call me the Rainman, because if you drop a box of toothpicks there's no way I can tell you how many are missing out of the box by looking at it on the floor.
But I do have a vocabulary of about 196,000 words, but the funny thing is I can only spell about 4% of that. I'm not sure why my brain works the way it does but for some reason it gives me the ability to have some insight in the way to formulate scripting through data manipulation, I call it thread scripting, much like the way that ultra Hal original scripting but a little bit different, more closer to the actual process that the human brain goes through to figure things out.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load.

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 11:43:36 pm »
C Load,

I feel you Little Brother. I myself am dyslexic and have a hard time with spelling. To tell the whole story I have a few types of dyslexia and I have a few other issues too. I was lucky enough to have parents that pushed me very hard, and the simple fact that my dad was in the Army and I went to Military most of my life. The point is everyone was there crutch to bear. (I don't think that is the right bear. Dyslexic I told you.) I have two kids both have been tested (I worried they may have dyslexia like me), and thank god both where said to be "normal" what ever that is. Neither of them can do 1/10 of what you can on a computer. Everyone has there points of strength and opportunity. HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH.

CyborgBob.
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 06:04:07 pm »
Hy CyBorg Bob, and Cload,
Everyones different.  Revel in your difference.  Never give in to what others say is so called Normal.  Cload you may only be eight years old but you seem real clever.  Cyborg Bob, I can't spell sometimes either.  Anyway forget the ego boosting chat, be yourself and then you have nothing to explain.  Me I am the father of a 30 year old so that gives you some idea of my age (Rather not go into how old.  I am as old as I feel on the day).

I have developed some stuff while off line recently, for my Hal. I can now alter, on command, hair colour, location and dress and other things.  Yes I know you can do some of those things in VHaptek but I prefer to work things out for myself.  Anyway it is getting late.  If you find that scripting info though I could still use it Cload.