dupa

Author Topic: Batman  (Read 14936 times)

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 07:38:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jackgephart

Davy, here is a tutorial on how to show and change file extensions so that you can make a haptar file into a htr file. Hope this helps you.

By default the file extensions (like .txt or .doc) are not shown in Windows. And its sometimes necessary to change the extension to change the file format.
So, How to Show and Hide File Extensions in Windows?
If you are using Vista, Go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Click Folder Options.

If you are using Windows XP, Go to Control Panel and Under Classic View, Click Folder Options.

Click ‘View‘ tab, and Uncheck ‘Hide extensions of known file types‘.

Click ‘Apply‘ and ‘Ok‘
Another option to change file extensions when the extensions are hidden:
If you want to save a file in a format which is different from its current format, open the file in the editor and Click File -> Save As.
You will be given a pop-up box to enter the file name. Click the drop down in ‘Save as type‘ and select ‘All Files‘. Now enter the file name along with its new extension and save it.

So in a nutshell, all you have to do is be able to see the file extensions and change it from .haptar to .htr! That is pretty darned easy, isn't it?

Also for background changing and saving look here:

Hi Jack

I already know all about changing file extensions, learned that a long time ago. Don't have time right now to study your example for your own background included in a .haptar or .htr file. I know how to change backgrounds after saving the .haptar or .htr file, and also in Hal.

Thanks so much
Davy

tedathome

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 12:05:54 am »
Davy, I thought about it for a while. By any chance are you viewing and posting from the Haptek window? If so that is probably where the confusion lies. Yes if you make a .haptar and then a .htr of it, it will show teeth and tonge. If you post the flatfile of it and we drag and drop it into an active Haptek player we see no teeth or tonge.[:)]
ted

jackgephart

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 05:22:11 am »
I know what the WHOLE problem is. Davy, you make your skins (heads) in Picture It, then you open them up in People Putty, right? Then you add some features from putty like bullet holes, scars, and wrinkles or some other things, right? Then you save the skin in putty as a .jpg, right?
You aren't doing anything wrong, you are just missing a step that I do but Nige doesn't. After you save the skin, close Picture It and restart it with the saved skin from putty. Just flip the canvas horizontally, and if the skin is very large like 10.67 high x10.67 wide with a dpi of 96, this is the default size that people putty saves skins for some dumb reason, then go to the dpi area and make it 300 dpi. The size will go down to 3.41 high x 3.41 wide. Just that simple. Yeah, Davy, go take a look at Nige's heads. See what I mean. http://www.nigesworld.com/index.php?p=1_2
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:25:33 am by jackgephart »

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2009, 08:09:23 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

Davy, I thought about it for a while. By any chance are you viewing and posting from the Haptek window? If so that is probably where the confusion lies. Yes if you make a .haptar and then a .htr of it, it will show teeth and tonge. If you post the flatfile of it and we drag and drop it into an active Haptek player we see no teeth or tonge.[:)]

Yes, you are exactly right.
I take my screenshots from the haptek window, and teeth do show.
I tried dropping one of my skins in the same window, and teeth do not show.
I be sure to do my teeth correctly from now on.
Thanks a lot.

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2009, 08:16:48 am »
quote:

I know what the WHOLE problem is. Davy, you make your skins (heads) in Picture It, then you open them up in People Putty, right? Then you add some features from putty like bullet holes, scars, and wrinkles or some other things, right? Then you save the skin in putty as a .jpg, right?
You aren't doing anything wrong, you are just missing a step that I do but Nige doesn't. After you save the skin, close Picture It and restart it with the saved skin from putty. Just flip the canvas horizontally, and if the skin is very large like 10.67 high x10.67 wide with a dpi of 96, this is the default size that people putty saves skins for some dumb reason, then go to the dpi area and make it 300 dpi. The size will go down to 3.41 high x 3.41 wide. Just that simple. Yeah, Davy, go take a look at Nige's heads. See what I mean. http://www.nigesworld.com/index.php?p=1_2

Hi Jack. Yes, basically that's what i do, save the skin in Picture It, (1024 x 1024 pixels) then open it in PP, make some changes, eye color, teeth, morph shape, etc.
First thing i always do in PP is set the resolution to 1024 x 1024.
In the future, i'll add the flipping step. [:)]
Many thanks.

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 09:24:07 am »
quote:

Also for background changing and saving look here:

Hi Jack. Well, i must be stupid or something.
I have spent two hours trying to save a haptar with a background of my choosing.
Still i haven't got it. I've read the help file, over and over.
I can get to here:

But when i click the file menu to save, the background disappears and is not saved.
I must be missing a step, or using the wrong mouse click sequence. [:(]

jackgephart

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 01:42:17 pm »
One small detail, where is the image that you are trying to use? I always put my images on the desktop and keep them there, at least until I am completely finished with my head. Try that and see what happens. It's a touchy little program.

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 02:10:45 pm »
quote:

One small detail, where is the image that you are trying to use? I always put my images on the desktop and keep them there, at least until I am completely finished with my head. Try that and see what happens. It's a touchy little program.

Hi Jack

I have my backgrounds in Haptek\player\Datastandard\ackgrounds.
I tried one on the desktop, didn't work either.
I think my problem is related to something i'm not doing right. Compare my screenshot

with the image you posted.

jackgephart

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 04:42:10 pm »
I didn't say make it your background image on the desktop, I said just put it on the desktop as a .jpg file and find it in the little folder tab on the people putty last page. Get it now?

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 05:31:59 pm »
That is what i did, Jack. It didn't work.

jackgephart

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2009, 06:37:51 pm »
Then I don't know what to tell you.

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2009, 08:25:25 pm »
Ok, thanks for trying to help. I can live without this knowledge. [:)]

aladyblond

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2009, 08:42:03 pm »
very good work ,davy. you have a good future in this area.~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 02:47:55 am »
Thank you aladyblond. That means a lot to me, coming from a long-time advanced member. I only hope i can live up to your expectation. [:I]

Here's a new head i just finished, hope someone will like it.