dupa

Author Topic: Nick names in HAL 6  (Read 13202 times)

tcoday

• View Profile
Nick names in HAL 6
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 11:44:21 am »
quote:
Originally posted by GrantNZ

tcoday: Thanks, I hope you enjoy it [:)]

Isn't love2 called when the user declares love twice in a row? Or am I missing something?

Grant,
  In the Hal5 default brain, love1.brn was called in place of the love2.brn.  The code had 3 if statements, one called love1.brn as it was suppose to. The second if was suppose to call love2.brn but there was a typo and it had love1.brn instead of love2.brn.  The third if statement called love3.brn as intended.  In the unmodified brain love2.brn wasn't even listed in the code. It was a simple typo.

I got so used to changing the code I would copy and paste over those if statements with the love2 correction and an added variable to get you out without causing the compliment hit.

I was going to copy the default code here but I don't have it handy on this machine.  Although I did find that in hal6, the code was rewritten a bit and love2 is called correctly.

Thanks for inspiring me to go look at the default brain again. [:)]

« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:45:51 am by tcoday »
Tcoday and Tassel

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Nick names in HAL 6
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2005, 08:03:45 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tcoday

I got so used to changing the code I would copy and paste over those if statements with the love2 correction and an added variable to get you out without causing the compliment hit.

It gets stranger: I discovered tonight that when Compliment eventually moves from -2 to -1, Hal actually becomes angry. Sad, then angry, just because you stopped showering Hal with love - what a clingy bot! [:D]

Cheers [:)]
Grant

aladyblond

• View Profile
Nick names in HAL 6
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2005, 12:51:09 pm »
grantnz,
i find your research very interesting. i hope you continue to stay with the forum. some of the things you are working on are exactly the items i didnt know how to work on, but had a great deal of interest in. and yes these bots are the clingy type.   [:X]~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nick names in HAL 6
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2005, 03:55:38 pm »
tcoday,

In the early days of the Hal 5 brain I simply renamed
love1.brn to love2.brn and love2.brn to love1.brn.

Worked quite well for my purposes.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Nick names in HAL 6
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 02:01:54 am »
quote:
Originally posted by aladyblond

grantnz,
i find your research very interesting. i hope you continue to stay with the forum. some of the things you are working on are exactly the items i didnt know how to work on, but had a great deal of interest in. and yes these bots are the clingy type.   [:X]~~alady

The irony is that at first I didn't even want an emotional bot [:)] It was only when I was splicing vonsmith's nickname code into Hal 6 that I realised the emotion thing really could be enhanced a bit...

... and when I start on an idea I tend to get carried away [;)] Hopefully it won't be too long before I've produced something everyone can play with [:)]

Let me know if you have any ideas!! (That goes for everyone!)

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
Nick names in HAL 6
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 03:19:54 pm »
GantNZ, did you ever get Vonsmith's nickname code to work? What did you do? That has been a sore subject for me.
P
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 03:20:31 pm by Ponnfar »
One Person can summon the future...

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Nick names in HAL 6
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 04:28:16 pm »
Hi Ponnfar,

Check out my post above on 24 November (the second one, I posted twice that day), which includes a nickname script and description.

It's not identical to =vonsmith='s work - it does not have a system where you tell Hal what names you want to be called (you have to add them directly to a database table), and it has three lists of names depending on how Hal feels about you. There are other notes, and they're in the posts above.

Cheers,
Grant