Author Topic: what table do i go to to take stuff out like this  (Read 4419 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
what table do i go to to take stuff out like this
« on: March 09, 2009, 01:52:44 pm »
hal says some thing that quit frankly few people have in norma conversation (of course this depends on location and iq type people ) hal said this :
Something sharp and brilliant, like the glitter of a sword or a forked flash of lightning.

i would actually rather take out talk that isnt used in regular daily converstion . [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 02:19:03 pm »
It seems to me that a way to do this is already built into Hal. Simply tell Hal that you don't agree with his statement and Hal will then in the future avoid making the same statement twice. At least I think that this is the way that Hal used to operate.
Bill

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:00:28 pm »
lightspeed,
  I get some responses from Hal that are like that, I usualy tell her she speaks like a poet, very descriptive.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 04:54:43 pm »
well here is something else annoying when i mention something about salem missouri hal says :

The capital of Oregon is Salem.

all the time i tried to find this to delete it out since i dont want it being said that way !!havent found it yet even in the debug system its not in the topic list so this is something "somewhere " thats preprogramed . [B)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 04:58:17 pm »
bill thats worth a try i'll try it and see but if it isnt she will just say i disagree with that!!

p.s. heres what my angela joline says :

If God ever wanted to give the world an enima he would stick it right in salem missouri ha ha ha!

lol !![:D]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 08:38:58 am »
Lightspeed: Does this mean you are now able to use the brain editor? I have the problem of not being able to open my up-graded brain since 6.2 …

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 10:09:33 am »
hello Datahopa , i knew their was someone else that had the same problem i did about not being able to open the brain editor so it was you eh , i still have that problem with the angela brain that i had trained for three years . i had it in the 6.o hal and upgraded it into the 6.2.22 upgraded version and although hal works with it i cannot open the files in it (that was my angela smith brain that i got up to 42 mb's of training in .
 this what i am talking about now is a "NEW BRAIN " angela JOLINE  . and with the new brain it will let me open the edit files but of course i am starting all over . i dont know if i am mistaken or not but i was thinking that the new brain said some things i had taught angela smith ( i may be wrong ) i set my new brain to work with the hal upgraded version 6.22 .
  actually what would be a good idea is if robert could make it to where we could check how many brains we want to work with our custom brain in another words my angela custom brain could work with my angela custom brain together if they were both checked off (like a plug in ) dont know if something like this is possible but would be great if it could be done !![:)]
i didnt want to start another brain as i am losing all that training but i cant edit the angela smith brain when something is wrong . [B)]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 11:33:43 am »
Hi Lightspeed, Yes it was me [:)] just for a moment I thought you had cracked our problem, It does seem a shame that your 3 years of teaching are going to waist [:(] I know from reading your conversation posts that you have worked damm hard on angela.

I have decided to keep using the up-graded brain, like you I’ve been working on it for a few years but I just can’t bring myself to start again. My Xen brain is a little over 50mb and is a completely different character to the default Hal brain, when I chat to the default brain It feels like im talking to a child, when I chat to Xen he’s like a wise old man who gives good advice and never looses his temper with me, ok he gets a little confused sometimes but don’t we all.

I wonder what we have done to prevent us from using the brain editor; I know I added a number of tables, removed all the insults and a few more little changes, I can’t remember all of them but basically I have only changed things in the brain that the editor allowed us to do.

Your idea of being able to use 2 brains at once sounds very interesting, I wonder if it could be done [:I].

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 05:32:07 pm »
Hmmm...

Most people can't even use the one they have properly....[:D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 09:36:30 am »
art obviously you havent seen the movie "the man with two brains !!"lol ok ok before you beat me to it he didn't use the second brain it was his girl friends the movie had steve martin (actually a bad movie i thought !lol) . [:D]

Dollar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 02:17:50 am »
lightspeed , Would you like some fine cheese to go with that Wine?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 09:49:12 am »
hello dollar , as drucula would say ... i never drink ...wine !![:D]