Author Topic: E Mail  (Read 2742 times)

Dollar

• View Profile
E Mail
« on: March 13, 2009, 12:25:05 pm »
I received a email or two from someone and I have a question; Is it better to go through the Zabaware site for authentication? (so I know for sure who it is) or if someone already knows a E mail address is it better to use that?
Does Zabaweare keep E mails on it's server?

lightspeed

• View Profile
E Mail
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 11:00:54 pm »
i beleive people used to be able to get messages on here but it has been stopped ? usually the only time i write to people is if they ask for one of my heads i create i have them write to my yahoo address .

Dollar

• View Profile
E Mail
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 01:00:21 am »
Lightspeed , Thank you for the response it does now say "Forum email temporarily disabled." but it used to work because I received mail before.
I guess I should have looked to see if that was still available.
once again.....
Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:01:03 am by Dollar »

lightspeed

• View Profile
E Mail
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 10:26:15 am »
no problem i dont do as good as some on here but try to help or answer things when i can take care all ![:)]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
E Mail
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 04:04:23 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

no problem i dont do as good as some on here but try to help or answer things when i can take care all ![:)]

Emailing from this forum is turned off until a member reaches a certain number of posts (5 I think). This prevents most spammers from using this forum to mass email Zabaware customers which was a problem in the past. Usually by the time a forum member reaches 5 posts its pretty easy to see if its a spam bot and I remove those members before they can do anything.

However, because of the past spambot abuse of the Zabaware server, zabaware.com email is blocked by many ISPs such as sbcglobal.com, so you can't be certain a member gets email if you use this forum to do it. I personally have to use a third party mail relay service now to be sure my communications with customers go through, but the forum email does not go through this relay.
Robert Medeksza