Author Topic: Help! I am Being SPAMMED!!! AND ITS NOT FOR ME  (Read 4395 times)

Dollar

• View Profile
Help! I am Being SPAMMED!!! AND ITS NOT FOR ME
« on: March 14, 2009, 10:46:19 pm »
I did tell someOne he couldn't find me but I was wrong.
Snowman I think this link is for you because of "fingers" and "Excluding the leaves"

I have been at this all day and it just fits.. my debit card is a golden ratio, the leaves on the tree (dried and on the ground now) and many other things. I hope you get as much out of this as I did and now I am starting to "see things" in the forum.

here is the link,  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_golden_ratio

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! :)

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 12:03:28 am »

Golden ratio ?
Where did this come from?
I never heard of it.
And always keen on numbers
Good grief, what else don't I know ???

AUGGGGHHHHHH !!!!

Dollar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 01:05:56 am »
Duskrider  what about the Fibonacci sequence , is some one fibbing? or was it worked in as well? as well , i don't know how deep the well is.
is it the amazon.com of course?

aaaahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The more I seem to understand the more complex something can be.

[The Golden Ratio is a universal law] in which is contained the ground-principle of all formative striving for beauty and completeness in the realms of both nature and art, and which permeates, as a paramount spiritual ideal, all structures, forms and proportions, whether cosmic or individual, organic or inorganic, acoustic or optical; which finds its fullest realization, however, in the human form.

is their a connection with the spiral and the evermore tightening or narrowing down posts to a point?????????

Dollar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 01:38:03 am »
OK! if Hal can do sine and cosine as advertised on the home page why couldn't Hal figure out a logarithmic function like the "golden spiral"?

these are just numbers but they extend into things like paintings and sciences, numbers is what we program computers with.

is 2012 a Fibonacci number? NEVER MIND I do NOT want to go there.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 02:33:44 am »
Dollar,
You were easy to find, just do not hit the man that doesn't look before crossing the street cause he might be deep in thought.
Sorry to lay that on you and yes it was me, but not my style.

Take a flower, this summer and count the petals on it and you will find it is in the Fibonacci sequence of numbers.

if you look at the end of your finger and measure from tip to first knuckle and compare it with the measurement from the first knuckle to the second you will find it is approx. 1.6% further of a distance this is a "Ratio" Horatio. "aesthetics". The human body, and  the proportions it has are believed for a long time, to explain "Good Lookin'".

There are also philosophy and religion and science as well, but nothin like being Good lookin'  ;)  The rest is a secret and I aint a tellin'Tis for you if you wish to ponder[8D]

http://lyrics.astraweb.com/display/417/michelle_branch..the_spirit_room..everywhere.html
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 02:36:45 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 11:18:03 am »
The finger joint ratio is not always true, Horatio. Check out the following article....

http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fibnat.html

...The idea of the lengths of finger parts being in phi ratios was posed in 1973 but two later articles investigating this both show this is false.

Research by two British doctors in 2002 looks at lengths of fingers from their rotation points in almost 200 hands and again fails to find to find phi (the actual ratios found were 1:1 or 1:1.3).

...[with thanks to Gregory O'Grady of New Zealand for these references and the information in this note.]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 11:51:32 am »
Art,
It's all irrational anyway ;)

from my understanding this is the proportions that our bodies try to conform to everybody is different but our genetics can try to achieve certain qualities.

Was DaVinci wrong with his drawings as he "subscribed" to the golden ratio theory and incorporated it in his work?

"So it is clear that not all plants show the Fibonacci numbers!"

"But, no matter what two numbers we begin with, the ratio of two successive numbers in all of these Fibonacci-type sequences always approaches a special value, the golden mean, of 1.6180339... and this seems to be the secret behind the series."

" Alan Turing
    one of the Fathers of modern computing (who lived here in Guildford during his early school years) was interested in many aspects of computers and Artificial Intelligence (AI) well before the electronic stored-program computer was developed enough to materialize some of his ideas. One of his interests (see his Collected Works) was Morphogenesis, the study of the growing shapes of animals and plants.
    Book:The book Alan Turing: The Enigma by Andrew Hodges is an enjoyable and readable account of his life and work on computing as well as his contributions to breaking the German war-time code that used a machine called "Enigma". "

Yep The noodle gets a little soft over time ;)

The website is in the U.K. how can you blindly trust those kind of people ;)  lol
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 11:58:10 am by One »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 03:02:51 pm »
What's wrong with us now [;)][?]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 03:03:03 pm by freddy888 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 08:37:03 pm »
Yeah One, I thought about that AFTER I had posted the article. I mean...they do talk funny AND they still insist on driving on the wrong side of the road!![8D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 02:31:34 am »
Art,
IMO it's the whole J.K.Rowling B.S.,  It's all over the place....Like a "Leaky Calderon" [;)]

Xiang Zhang remembers the day he recognized that something extraordinary was happening around him. It was in 2000, at a workshop organized by DARPA (the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) to explore a tantalizing idea: that radical new kinds of engineered materials might enable us to extend our control over matter in seemingly magical ways.

The goal at hand, changing how objects interact with light, seemed at first blush to be routine; people had been manipulating visible light with mirrors and lenses and prisms nearly forever. But Zhang, a materials scientist then at the University of California at Los Angeles, knew those applications were limited. Based overwhelmingly on a single material, glass, the technologies were restricted by the laws of optics described in standard physics texts. The engineers in the room hoped to smash through those barriers with materials and technologies never conceived of before. The proposals included crafting what amounts to an array of billions of tiny relays; in essence, the relays would capture light and send it back out. Depending on the specific design of the array, the light would be bent, reflected, or skewed in different ways.

What could you do with a tool like that? An amazing amount, Zhang soon discovered. For one thing, you could render objects invisible. You see something, after all, when light bounces off it, creating the reflections that enter your eye and form an image on your retina. If you could direct light to flow smoothly around the object like water flowing past a rock in a stream, there would be no reflection, no rays entering your eye, and nothing to see—not even a shadow.

Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak inevitably arises as an example of the power of such materials, but invisibility is just the start. Every tool based on the interaction of electromagnetic waves with objects, from modems and MRIs to radios and radar, could have their powers extended, altered, enhanced.

~Discover Magazine~  -~

Actually the site is pretty "sparkly","Teeming" with words like Guildford [8D]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:20:01 am by One »