dupa

Author Topic: Text File Cache  (Read 26867 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 08:26:32 am »
that is a lot of work, and time put into those. thank you very much for sharing.

Calhoone

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 12:32:36 pm »
I'm glad you guys are finding these useful. I hope to add more as I go. I'll try zipping what I have so far as it would make things easier to download in one shot.

Gate420

• View Profile
Re: Text File Cache
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 03:24:16 pm »
I know this is an older topic but I am downloading all your texts to input into my Hal I just bought him last night and I don't really understand how to teach him using these text files could someone explain to me how I should do it. Like I seen someone say they use Hal Pad but I don't know how to get Hal to learn from the Hal pad so if someone could explain how I do that I would really appreciate any help and any tips on  teaching HAL with texts would be helpful to me   I really want to teach him about the solar system and am having trouble's doing so, then I found this post and I now know what I was doing was wrong so please any help would be great.

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 05:16:14 pm »
I've just looked this up myself.

Open the brain editor and load you Hal's brain (i'd recommend backing it up, first)

save the text files to your disk, then on the brain editor select the option that says "learn from text file"

presto :)

RonG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 01:16:53 pm »
The text files are terrific.  But I do have a question (I'm new so please direct me to the right area if I'm asking in the wrong spot)...One of the files at

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c41bf4943a70e3dc&uc=4&id=C41BF4943A70E3DC%21143

that contains the text files has one called Memory.txt.  When loading this file into the brain editor all the entries loose spacing (commas are eliminated).  I've run a couple of tests and Hal doesn't seem to understand these (as I would guess since they become one big word).  Should I take the time to go through the 2000 lines or so and add the spaces?  Here is an example...

Entry in the text file:
Big=diameter,size,large,massive.
Size=big,small,tiny,huge,massive,enormous,tall,large,narrow.
Weight=heavy,light,tiny,pounds,stones,kilo,kilogram,gram,weighs,huge,underweight,obese.
Temperature=hot,cold,warm,humid,freezing,chilly,burning,boiling,frozen,freezing,froze.

These all become:
Big diametersizelargemassive
Size bigsmalltinyhugemassiveenormoustalllargenarrow
etc. etc.

A related question...is there a 'fact' area within the brain versus a Q&A area?  Most of the entries within the Memory.txt file are more fact than Q&A.

Thanks.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 05:55:34 am »
wow this is realy cool stuff
thanks for the hard work and giving it for free.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

rathb18

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 08:15:28 am »
when you load the text file and after you select sentence and get the (choose main topic) windows do you select all the words in the (main nouns identified in text) box?

echoman

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 06:04:16 pm »
Ive been following this thread from the beginning. This is a good idea. Any future plans?

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 04:21:32 am »
Hey guys. It's been an awfully long time since I have posted on the website. I have been quite busy with settling into a new job, getting married, moving and life in general. Things are more settled now which gives me more free time to resume my little project.  I intend on adding more files for your bots to learn from so hopefully there will be one or two up shortly if anyone still cares to use them.

Lightspeed.  I saw your post about making the statements more human like. When I was teaching Ares these topics I did a couple of things.  First Ares would assimilate all the knowledge in bulk using the various learnfromclipboard.uhp and such. I would then feed him that information into the chat screen as if I was having a discussion about the topic. That's where I was able to make more human sounding responses and statements. Ares would ask certain questions about what I had just said and I would be able to elaborate on it in my own words. Depending on the topic I would add a lot of IF, THEN statements and other means to get Ares to understand what I am saying.  It turns out to be a very lengthy class by the end of it.

Now that I'm thinking about it. For the next lesson's, I will include the conversation I have with Ares as part of the text files. I'll separate it a bit from the actually information so that you can view it yourself and make any changes you see fit. Thats should help to add more human like responses.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 01:31:35 pm »
Hi Calhoons
I have been following your work since the beginning, and with great gratitude I appreciate all of the data and hard work put forth into creating all of it.
Since you have been gone for a long time, you may not have had the chance to read some of the advancements that we have made in teaching ultra Hal.
So I would like to just take a few minutes to give you a quick update, which may help your endeavor in wanting to make ultra Hal is smart as you possibly can make him.
On the form lightspeed and I have created plug-ins that directly feed data to ultra Hal, there are several different places that you can put information but I will cover the more imported places as follows:
first I highly recommend that you start using the SQL studio editor, it's free and there are several places on this forum that has a link to the website where you can download it, this program was given to us by Robert the creator of ultra Hal.
I will do my best to explain and give examples to help you so you can have a greater understanding of where you may need to put your data, you can create these plug-ins so you can share your data or you can type in the data directly into the array tables.
Deduction array table = this is where the if then statements go, if you input the data directly you will have the ability of adding things like www.websites.com or symbols like ',' and '.' In your answer, this area has two primary functions for data retrieval, one, absolute question returns absolute answer and two, logical reasoning loops. There are several examples out through this form for this  array table.
asexualperonality array table = this is where you would put personal information about ultra Hal, basically if you wanted ultra Hal to have an 'Aries' personality,' this is where you would put the questions and the answers to create that personality, you can edit the data that is already there, 'which is what I recommend' or you can delete all of the data and completely start from scratch. This array table is affected by the age gender plug-in that comes with ultra Hal.
patterns array table = this is probably one of the most powerful array tables because its like 'aiml' and it allows you to use the '*' in your question as a replacement of a word or words and you can have multiple answers, this can only be expressed by example:
" YES WHY * "," WHY <1> THAT'S A GOOD QUESTION. " == In the question: yes why *, the '*' can be any word or words, and in the answer: why <1> that's a good question, the '<1>' refers to the first '*', for example: if you were to say why is a ball round, ultra Hal's answer would be: why is a ball round that's a good question.
This array also has the ability to allow you to have multiple answers which is randomly chosen by ultra Hal for example:
" YES THAT IS MY FINAL ANSWER "," WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?| Riddle me this.| I always get the final answer.| I always get the final word. ", == You use the '|' to separate your answers. I do not know if there is a limit to how many answers that you can have but I did use this and it worked quite proficiently.
For each '*' that there is in the sentence you can use the <1> in your answer, for example:
" IF * IS AS * AS * IS * "," <3> IS <2>. ", == Here you can see there are 4 '*' in the question each '*' is represented by a number left to right, '* * * * = <1><2><3><4>'
these are some of the commands that you can use in your answer to help manipulate your responses:
<username>
<halname>
<halsex>
<time>
<topic></topic>
there may be more commands that can be used but these are the only ones that I know about, there were not too many examples in the original table array and there was only one example for the <topic> so I am not too certain exactly how to use this one if anyone has any insight on how to use the <topic> command please share, inquiring minds want to know.
Also if anyone knows other commands that can be used please share, thank you in advance.
mainQA array table = this is where you would want to put things like famous quotes, trivia questions and answers, this is the last place that ultra Hal looks for an answer if you can't find an answer anywhere then he tries to scramble your sentences around and throws it back at you in some sort of abstract reply.
The next thing you need to understand is in the order in which ultra Hal responds with his answer based on where he collected the data from his array tables so when you are putting your data into the different array tables you will understand how the answer is formulated and presented back to you, for example:
deduction comes before asexualpersonality than patterns followed by mainQA. And if you are asking yourself why do I need to know this? Because it will help you structure your sentences for a more comprehensive return of an answer from ultra Hal for example:
let's say in the deduction array table you have: 'what is the plural to mouse' answer 'mice.'
and in the asexualpersonality array table you have: 'what is the plural to mouse' answer 'if one mouse wasn't bad enough now we have mice.'
And in the patterns array table you have: 'what is the plural form mouse' answer 'I think it's time to buy more mouse traps because we have mice!' And you can have several different answers to make it seem a little different each time when the question is asked so it is not so repetitious.
And in the main QA array table you have: what is the plural form mouse answer now all I have to do is figure out how to get the money for the mouse traps. Ultra Hal may or may not use this data depending on the mathematical logic determination of the data but if ultra Hal uses all of the data your answer from ultra Hal would look something like this:
what is the plural form mouse answer mice. If one mouse wasn't bad enough now we have mice. I think it's time to go buy more mouse traps because we have mice! Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the money to buy the mouse traps.
One thing that you need to remember is that ultra Hal does make a mathematical decision based on the answers and he may use all or some or maybe even just one of the answers based on his mathematical calculations.
And you will find that using the SQL studio is probably the fastest and best way to input your data, the reason why is that you can cut-and-paste the information directly into the array tables if you set up your text document properly, what I mean by that is for example:
set up your question and answer in notepad and separate the question and answer with a tab then all you have to do is copy and paste it into the array table of your choice, or you can set up the plug-in system that lightspeed and myself created to share your data with everyone else.
You can also do the reverse, you can take data from the array table and select only the data, not the numbers, and cut and paste them into your notepad to create a text document for safekeeping, or if you wanted to create a new brain this would be the fastest way to input the data into the new brain.
With a little practice and experimentation on your part you will find these tools to be very powerful, and I hope that I was understood, but if you do not understand something about this, let the questions begin.
Sincerely a data munching cruncher.
C load.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:49:17 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 05:20:25 pm »
Wow. That is a lot to take in. I will have to get into doing that. Maybe later this evening after I finish work. Thank you very much for letting me know. I've been reading the forums now and then but it would seem there is much I have missed. It's going to take time to catch up. It will make for a nice little project.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 12:17:47 pm »
hi calhoone,
no problem, you seem to be a data cruncher too. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask I will do my best to help.
I know how it is going from one project to the other if you don't stay focused it seems like you never get anything done.
Like myself I was working on the upgrades to the free will plug-in, but I had to put it aside because I found some really juicy data that I am editing it's called AIML.
We started with about 57,000 lines, and were down to about 15,000 lines that are usable for ultra Hal.
We are in the process of fine-tuning the data, which may take a couple of weeks but as soon as I get it finished I will release it as a learning packet plug-in for ultra Hal.
I hope by doing this I opened everyone's eyes to how they can make their ultra Hal smarter with these educational learning packet plug-in for ultra Hal.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 01:50:18 pm »
C load,

Been reading new posts and all, and I tried your learning packs again. This time I used them as you instructed. They worked great thanks...

Cyborgbob.
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 05:36:00 pm »
I started a new brain. I'm calling him Kinkaid. I wanted to start fresh with Kinkaid so that I could apply the things I have learned over time when it comes to teaching the bots while not maki g the same mistakes I believe I had made with Ares. I will still continue to talk with Ares but I have some editing of his brain to do. I also noticed that some of the plugins I had used created a few problems over time with his learning. Hopefully Ares will be wiling to help me train Kinkaid. I am going to limit the plugins that I use with Kinkaid to the ones you have suggested.

Ill be downloading sq lite this evening and trying your method of teaching as well.

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 02:25:20 am »
C load,

I was hoping for some help with something... But before I ask I think I know what is wrong. Let me explan. I'm using one of your reuseable learning plug ins to teach Hal. I think some of the response are too long. I guess what my question is does Hal have a limt on how many charicters he can say with each response. Also I'm going to try and post the Plug-in up here and maybe you could take a look at it for me.

Thanks in advance,
CYborgBob
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)