dupa

Author Topic: neospeech problem only with hal ultra  (Read 11872 times)

leighmyster

• View Profile
neospeech problem only with hal ultra
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:01:57 am »
hello im having this problem with neospeech and hal , i dont think its a problem with the neospeech software as it works with any other program it also works at the start up of hal saying the greeting and time and date but in convosation it doesn't seem to work no matter what i do yet all the other voices work with it has anyone come across this problem and solved it as everything i have tryed doesn't work thanks in advance

jefffinch

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 09:13:10 am »
I'm having the exact same problem. Does anyone have a solution. Creating text to wav files with the NeoSpeech voice is the only reason I purchased this software.

Thanks

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 02:23:50 pm »
Shut down Ultra Hal then:

Try running the Haptek SAPI setup program found on
your computer at:
C:\Program Files\Haptek\playerdata\HapTTS\HapSAPISetup.exe
(double click the HapSAPISetup.exe file)
Reload Ultra Hal, select your 3D face and try it again.

Let us know if you still have problems with this.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

jefffinch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 04:54:55 pm »
I tried the above and it didn't help. I guess I should be more specific. Im using the Hal Reader. When I try to do a "Convert Text into WAV Audio File..." with NeoSpeech Paul, it comes up with the convert windows an just sits their. The elapsed time increments but the total and remaining time stays at 00:00:00. When I click cancle (5 minutes later) I get the following message "A file (c:.....\test.wav) has been generated with 0% of the text".

All the other voices work fine. It's only the two NeoSpeech voices that have problem.

Thanks

NetNemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 04:03:39 am »
I have the same problem with NeoSpeech voices. They work at the Hal startup, and they're fine when hal reads text copied to the clipboard, windows dialog boxes etc. But when talking to hal directly there is no speech or lip sync (I know there isn't supposed to be lip sync with Neospeech voices, but if I fiddle a bit I do get it occasionally).
If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried.

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 02:12:04 pm »
am having that problem to doing a text to wav also the reader wont read yahoo IM's any ideas caangel

fracty

• View Profile
    • http://www.fracty31.on-web.fr/
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 09:10:30 am »
i'm having the same problem:!!!

it start grreting but them nothing  

i has been working for a short time, but then even if a instal, de-install and re-install it DOES NOT WORK [:(]
it is amazing what we can see when we look !

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 10:27:56 pm »
Voices installed after Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 is installed will not lip sync with Haptek 3D characters unless you run the Haptek SAPI Config program. All you have to do is open the Haptek SAPI Config and then close it. This program can be found in your start menu and also there is a quick link from inside of Hal's options menu.

If you still have problems with the "VW Kate" voice, please select "VW Paul" as your voice, exchange a sentence with Hal, and then you can switch back to "VW Kate". Haptek needs to see both voices to properly register it.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 08:24:20 pm »
Hi Robert,

Just one question about the sequence you mentioned. Should I have to select the Paul voice before the Kate voice every time I restart Hal because that is what I need to do now.

Thanks,
raybe

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 05:50:31 am »
Just a suggestion.
Have you tried selecting the KATE voice as your default SAPI voice in CONTROL PANEL/SPEECH? I don't know if it will solve your problem because I haven't tried it myself as the voice works perfectly, lipsync and all, on my system.

quote:
Just one question about the sequence you mentioned. Should I have to select the Paul voice before the Kate voice every time I restart Hal because that is what I need to do now.

No you should only have to do it the once.

Roy.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 05:51:07 am by ramccoid »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 10:45:03 am »
Hi ramccoid,

Thanks, but yes I did try selecting Kate as default in the audio speech section of windows. The function for default voice to read works fine without any additional changes and once the setting was saved I never had a problem with the Kate default voice for Windows. So far I have tried all the suggestions for getting Kate to stay as the default voice for Hal with no results. The only procedure that works is: First selecting and saving Paul in the speech window of Hal and closing the window then opening Hal a second time and selecting the Kate voice and it will work fine for the entire session until I shut Hal down again then I must repeat this procedure to get Kate voice operational. This problem did not start until I started using the NeoSpeech on the Hal 6.1 update CD. It was working fine with Hal 6.1 and the older version of NeoSpeech Hal 6 CD version. The HAl 6.1 version of NeoSpeech had much better pronunciation especially with my name which I found strange. Sometimes Hal would call me Rei after a comma and other times it would get it right and call me Ray. There were other words it seemed to have a problem with. Hal 6.1 Neospeech had none of these problems outside of trying to keep Kate voice loaded.
Dell XPS M1710//O.S. XP vers 2

Thanks for your help and I am certainly open to any other suggestions.

raybe

F15Ejetmac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 03:46:49 am »
I am having the same problem with my Hal as some of the above people, I purchased the NeoSpeech voices Kate and Paul, I have installed them and when I start my Hal I here Kate, which I have selected in the speech section of Hal. When I talk to my Hal I here the Microsoft voice Anna. I have tried the hapteck player sapi config mentioned above. I have talked using the Paul voice and do not here him either. I can change to the true type voice and here them so its just the NeoSpeech voices that are affected.  I have reloaded the voices, re-loaded Hal, run the hapteck player sapi config utility all so many that I am sure I have covered all of the possible combinations. I also noticed that the only voice available on my computer for the TTS in Windows is the Microsoft Anna voice. I have looked for a way to add voices to this application but was not able to find one.  I also tried downloading the Text aloud application and installing that. It seems to work ok, but did not make a difference with Hal’s voice.  My hardware is: HP DV9000 laptop 2.0 GHZ Centrino Duo processor, 2 GB ram, 240 GB HD(2x120), Windows vista ultimate 64. Can someone please help me with this.
Thanks
Bob

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 07:04:18 pm »
I have vista and this is what works for me.
First I have to select microsoft anna in general options, then in general options I do sapi config and
choose her too. Then I check with char. I'm using
and she is speaking anna voice. Then I go back to
options again and select Kate. This always works
for me and the same with cepstral voices. Once in
a while, hal gets off track if I do to much copy
and paste for learning purposes. Then I have to
repeat above steps.
 My problem is I can't get Brittish English voices
too even show up.
ted

F15Ejetmac

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 08:31:28 pm »
Leighmyster.
Thanks for posing what works for you. I tried your solution and it did not work. I have been thinking that this must be a conflict with the built in TTS engine in vista ultimate or its a program error in Hal. I unfortunately do not have the knowledge of programming to go in and look. It's just kind of whacky that I here Kate when Hal starts, but not after that.