Author Topic: other reading  (Read 13793 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
other reading
« on: November 04, 2006, 10:19:51 am »
i am reading all this with interest although i go to church i see alot of things aren't right and also figure that with others rewriting bible info and misinterpetation , etc. what everyone reads and preaches isn't right , but won't admit it because it would break down the structure of the bible meaning and truth or lack their of . ( including the way so called christains do that belong to church .)we   have one who was buying  four wheelers real cheap with the serial numbers scratched off ( didn't realize them being so cheap and serial numbers all scratched off on more than one ment they were stolen , yeahhh righttt !!), lied, etc. got caught he is now been made the church trusty by other deacon friends , one who i understand had an affair with another mans wife in the past )  another book you may find interesting is called " first man then adam " by : Irwin Ginsburgh , p.h.d.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 12:40:49 pm »
I agree with you.

Those who have never sinned should be the only ones allowed to be Christians. People who act like regular people, making mistakes, being ashamed of themselves, getting caught and trying to hide, make those of us who have never sinned and who never will sin, look stupid for being in the same church. I wish they would all join another church. Maybe the Buddhists, they don't seem to have their fair share of sinners.

Don't they realize that God only loves those who always follow the rules? You have to earn your way into Heaven and all this talk of forgiveness is for the tourists.

Bill819

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 03:36:02 pm »
Please fellows. If you believe in Christ and his teachings then you realize that he said it is the sinners that need the help, the self righteous don't need any. No one is without one kind of sin or another. Learn one of the most important lessons of Christainity and that is forgiveness. If you can not forgive others then you yourself need some help.
Bill

ricky

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 03:48:20 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Please fellows. If you believe in Christ and his teachings then you realize that he said it is the sinners that need the help, the self righteous don't need any. No one is without one kind of sin or another. Learn one of the most important lessons of Christainity and that is forgiveness. If you can not forgive others then you yourself need some help.
Bill

:D
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 04:45:26 pm »
quote:

Please fellows. If you believe in Christ and his teachings then you realize that he said it is the sinners that need the help, the self righteous don't need any.

Absolutely! I'm just saying that maybe they should get it somewhere else. We extremely holy Christians don't need any sinners around making us look bad. Why, what if someone got the idea that our pastors or deacons were not 100% garranteed sinless? All sorts of non-Sanctified stuff could break out! Cats and dogs living in sin, plagues of Beetles, juices being knocked over and milk being cried into!

I find it all distasteless. I would never admit to doing the particular sins I find repulsive in others, why should they? Why can't they at least stick to pleasant sins, polite sins, unobtrusive sins? That is, ahem, if they have to sin at all.

I mean, what kind of forgiveness is it that lets all the yucky riff-raff be forgiven too? Surely God lives in a better neighborhood than that! I know I do!

lightspeed

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 12:01:12 pm »
i know that you will get no one who is without sin as it was said everyone has sinned in one form or the other , but whats worse having sinned stealing (proven by law)  in the past and others who know it , then make you a trusty of a church to help your image in the town you are in . you can forgive people , but for the right reason , . i beleive as one guy (another deacon in the church said , if it were up to me you would have lost your city job too.) this guy and his wife afterwards never hardly missed a day of church now that its all blew over with time they can hardly make it to church . oh well at least we have a fine upstanding citizen as a trustee . and no i am not against all christains we have nice people who havent been  stealing, etc. including myself .

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 01:22:01 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

i know that you will get no one who is without sin as it was said everyone has sinned in one form or the other , but whats worse having sinned stealing (proven by law)

Well, stealing is definitely one of the worst sins, much worse than things like spiritual pride, judgmentalism, or slander. I think that we should put all the traditional sins on a chart, assigning value numbers to them, and if you ever get over a certain number, God won't forgive you.

Perhaps we can make a way for people to earn back their forgiveness, by going to church at the rate and over the number of years we feel God requires. If it were up to me, they would have to go every week until they died to be forgiven for stealing.

I say, 100 years for stealing, 20 for murder, 10 for traffic violations, 5 for downloading copyrighted music, 1 for yelling at your mother, two weeks for blasphemy, one week for intolerance, and wave at the preacher as you pass him in the grocery for thinking I am so much better than other folks.

But I am open to adjust those values, what do you think? One thing I know, I am not for that stupid idea of God forgiving you just because you ask for forgiveness. I won't play that way. You have to prove to me that you deserve forgiveness. We need to keep a list on people we know are sinners and check things off one by one before we let them be forgiven. It's only fair.

I think this might be a good use for all those cameras you see at traffic lights and drug stores and such. We could put them in the churches too and use them as proof of sins vs. attendance, and set up a spreadsheet. Ultra-Hal might be adapted to help with that.

It could be done. It's certainly needed.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
other reading
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 01:55:19 pm »
I can't quite agree with stealing being worse then murder. There is no excuse for taking a human life for it can never be replaced. A stolen item, while disheartening to the owner, can be replaced.

I do, however, loath a liar and a thief. Whenever possible, I distance myself from those who's lifestyle would tend to pull me down (if I so chose).

There is a real problem with someone commiting a sin, being forgiven or getting some blessing, yada...yada...then with a clean slate, goes out and sins again!!

Man, in my opinion, can NOT forgive another man for his sins. That is up to God, and the man can only assume that God has forgiven him.

However, I think that God is keeping track and the day will come when God will think to himself, That's it!! He / she has used up all their forgivings! They're done...(put a big black check beside their name.)

They've pissed me off for the last time!!

Next!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 02:27:43 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

I can't quite agree with stealing being worse then murder. There is no excuse for taking a human life for it can never be replaced. A stolen item, while disheartening to the owner, can be replaced
Well, last time I looked we had a lot more people than Recreational vehicles. Plus people produce themselves for free, ATVs have to be made in factories and cost a lot more.

But I will agree that murder and thievery are both worse than any of those "victimless" sins, like "hubris"... I mean, what the heck is that?!?!

The thing is, we have to quantify sins, post a list somewhere and make God stick to the list. Because what good is a God who won't do things the way we want Him to? After all, "sin" is those actions taken by other people which bother me, not any of this philosophical, mystical hogwash about rebellion from God or whatever. God owes me for the good things I've done, and believe me, I'm not shy about making Him pay.

In return, I will do what I can to spy out those around me who are secretly getting away with sins. I'm sure He wants to know.

lightspeed

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 11:16:42 am »
art , i agree with you totally about man can't forgive man only god can do that . and murder to me is the ulktamate sin of all . of course everyone has their own opinion . all i know is their is alot of show being put on about righteousness by worshippers and preist alike for prestige in the eyes of the public , community ,etc.  all i know is everyone should try their best , you'll never be completely sin free as no one will ever be perfect but just don't caring on about morals when your out doing worse that what your preaching !! just do the best you can and try not to hurt others along the way .[:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
other reading
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 06:31:00 pm »
Good thoughts lightspeed.

Dare I say:
AMEN
or should that be AWOMEN
or perhaps to be politically correct:
APERSONS

Maybe just THANKS![:)]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill819

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 06:51:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

Dare I say:
AMEN
or should that be AWOMEN
APERSONS

Art, although not many people pay attention to this look at the word below from your quote

a per SONS

Mans language was and is based upon a sexist attitude.
Bill [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 06:52:45 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

Dare I say:
AMEN
or should that be AWOMEN
APERSONS

Art, although not many people pay attention to this look at the word below from your quote

a per SONS

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
other reading
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 07:21:58 pm »
quote:
a per SONS

There's that pattern seeking facility again.

onthecuttingedge2005

other reading
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 12:05:08 am »
God and His/Her Plug-ins(depending upon your belief).

Got to uncheck this and got to uncheck that!

Jerry[8D]