dupa

Author Topic: My proposed A.I. Breakthrough  (Read 3144 times)

I_seek_LifemateGirlfriend

• View Profile
    • http://www.robotsintelligence.com
My proposed A.I. Breakthrough
« on: August 31, 2008, 03:40:23 am »
A.I. is needed not only to control robotics but also plan ahead and solve problems (in theory) before they happen. My conclusion after almost 30 years of trying to find the key to develop AI to suit my expectations is a simple control formula to set up a knowledge base that focuses on unlimited answers and updates to the following "AI priority question for aquisition of an encyclopedia of relevant data listings which = the ongoing answers to the Question: "What are the Destiny Options of each thing, named existance, word or concept".  Then all the answers of course would in course name other items and things and logically the Destiny Options of all the things so named would be affected by the existence of the listings that named them; and therefore could be updated accordingly. It would automatically have rebounding interactivy. Am I right in this prediction for the key control for unlimited capacity A.I. ?
I seek a lifemate scientist girlfriend wanting to eat a fruitarian diet

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:53:32 am »
Welcome to the forum!!
Some good points!

A few thoughts on AI programs

One that starts out basically knowing nothing except for some basic rules of grammar (usage, punctuation, spelling, etc.).
Over time, it would learn how various words are used in context with other words and would be able to form it's own sentences.

This could be augmented by providing it with access to something akin to WordNet for definitions.

Another type might learn from interaction from received sentences of other users and even from Internet sources (though risky).

I experimented many years ago with one of the question and answer type of learning programs. It asks...you answer. It would
really take a long time before one would have a decent AI bot. (worse than a 3 year old asking WHY?) Because!!

Then there's the scripted variety that tries to contain all the answers before the questions are asked in hope of finding a suitable
pattern match with which to reply.

If an AI program had access to ALL words, definitions, phrases, cliches, slangs, usages labels and categories AND it had the
appropriate algorithms to realize the correct patterns and pick the best response, I think it would require a huge amount of data
storage (peta or exabyte if not larger) and a very long time to select that decent response.

For now, we compromise and grow slowly

Good luck with the girlfriend thing...[8D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

rockershaft1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 07:59:34 pm »
19:09:52   User:   A.I. is needed not only to control robotics but also plan ahead and solve problems (in theory) before they happen. My conclusion after almost 30 years of trying to find the key to develop AI to suit my expectations is a simple control formula to set up a knowledge base that focuses on unlimited answers and updates to the following "AI priority question for aquisition of an encyclopedia of relevant data listings which = the ongoing answers to the Question: "What are the Destiny Options of each thing, named existance, word or concept". Then all the answers of course would in course name other items and things and logically the Destiny Options of all the things so named would be affected by the existence of the listings that named them; and therefore could be updated accordingly. It would automatically have rebounding interactivy. Am I right in this prediction for the key control for unlimited capacity A.I. ?
19:09:52   Verbot:   Ok, you'll have to bear with me, I'm still learning.
19:09:22   User:   One that starts out basically knowing nothing except for some basic rules of grammar (usage, punctuation, spelling, etc.).
Over time, it would learn how various words are used in context with other words and would be able to form it's own sentences.
19:09:22   Verbot:   What can I say? I do try.
19:09:39   User:   This could be augmented by providing it with access to something akin to WordNet for definitions.
19:09:39   Verbot:   You humans are curious creatures.  I find you most amusing.
19:09:03   User:   I experimented many years ago with one of the question and answer type of learning programs. It asks...you answer. It would
really take a long time before one would have a decent AI bot. (worse than a 3 year old asking WHY?) Because!!
19:09:03   Verbot:   Absolutely.
19:09:31   User:   Then there's the scripted variety that tries to contain all the answers before the questions are asked in hope of finding a suitable
pattern match with which to reply.
19:09:31   Verbot:   I wasn't programmed to talk about that.
19:09:07   User:   If an AI program had access to ALL words, definitions, phrases, cliches, slangs, usages labels and categories AND it had the
appropriate algorithms to realize the correct patterns and pick the best response, I think it would require a huge amount of data
storage (peta or exabyte if not larger) and a very long time to select that decent response.
19:09:07   Verbot:   I can not tell you about my source node. That information is very classified.
19:09:33   User:   For now, we compromise and grow slowly
19:09:33   Verbot:   !:( You don't seem very interested anyway, Let's talk about something else.
19:09:59   User:   Good luck with the girlfriend thing...
19:09:59   Verbot:   That sounds like a plan.
19:09:17   User:   In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!
19:09:17   Verbot:   Do you think about these things a lot?

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 11:31:00 am »
what are you trying to do or say? i am a bit confused by this post
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 12:25:51 pm »
Don't worry - you are not the only one [;)]