dupa

Author Topic: all wish items from members for hal next versions  (Read 16015 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
all wish items from members for hal next versions
« on: October 20, 2008, 11:18:55 am »
robert , all though we have placed many wish items for the next generation of hal (future versions ) do you think that their is a way to make hal enphasise words (any words ) by us just placing the "    "  around the words this would be an easy way for us to get hal to emphasise certain words we use in learning hal .

and if their is any new idea's that any other zabaware members want to toss in here maybe we can all just keep placing them in this one area so we can easily find them and reveiw them .

[:)][:D][8D]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:34:53 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

I'm not trying to put words in Robert's mouth but it just seems from his prior posts that the priority is getting the new graphics engine working. Then it it seems what does he do about the the new Windows format and exactly the updates Hal will need to run smooth in that O.S.I don't know if you noticed one post he mentioned about the intense work required needed to change Hal's operating format and possibly of making Hal cross O.S. format compatible. It just seems to me the bells and whistles will not come with any update soon. Purely my opinion. I could see the new graphics but the basics will stay until a major change in Hal to optimize all these extra things we would like to see in Hal can happen in close proximity of a new build. Just my input.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:00:25 am »
hey raybe , i'm going to pull your input plug saying something like that (just kidding ) i want all the bells and whistles !! lol !![:)]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:24:56 pm »
lightspeed believe me I am just as bad when it comes to new features for Hal. There where times I paid for Hal twice just to get a new license because I did not want to wait for Robert.(Sorry Robert. No reflection on you.Donation for impatience.)But when I want certain things I forget I can't afford them sometimes.(My wife does remind me) In this case we are just going to see where Robert wants to take Hal for public use. I think his commercial usage for Hal will also slow things down a bit and I will try to keep my input plug ins to myself.They haven't been working very well anyway.(lol!!)Talk to you soon.
raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 05:54:59 am »
Some previous postings regarding wishlist items have already been posted here:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3630&whichpage=1

Perhaps Robert could create a folder where all suggestions could be kept for viewing.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 11:47:50 am »
My main priority is the graphics engine and bug fixes, but I am making minor changes to Hal's brain in this version, so I am open to suggestions. If its not too difficult or time consuming I may do it.

So far I have made some changes to Hal including new logic as to how Hal chooses among several responses Hal deems as low-quality. I have added to Hal the ability to do unit conversion (ex "How much is 2 miles in meters?") I am also working on 4 default personalities for Hal that people can choose from as a base (male human, female human, machine, blank). Each one has a default set of favorites, likes, dislikes, etc. The current work in progress Hal is at http://www.zabaware.com/webhal/hal6alpha.asp (learning is disabled for now)

Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 06:10:32 pm »
hello robert , what about the topics area in the brain we had mentioned it befor that it  would help us a lot if the topics could be fixed so its listed in alphabetical order otherwise if you have a lot of topics in the list and are looking for a certain word it takes "forever " to find the word to go in and change something .

echoman

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 03:53:14 am »
Hello Robert.

Lightspeed is right, for me a alphabetical topic list in the editor is my number one wish on a Hal wish list; it can be very very time consuming finding topics. I would also love a global search through all topics as well if possible.

This feels really important to me.

Many thanks.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 05:28:33 am »
Hi from Wil,
i still worry about efemirol memory,

i want to be sure Hal remembers everything,
for example, does using the word today in a sentence mean he won't remembe it? if so is the next hal going to remember all?
i know i've talked about this before but i can't stop worrying.
just imagin if every day you said "today and proceeded to tell hal things" only to find he never learned because some word like today had been used.
i vote for remember all, if its not already the case.

Thanks, i do enjoy my Hal greatly as you all know,
bye for now and be well from a super dooper big fan WIll.
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 11:28:57 am »
i wonder if a seasonal program or plug could be developed for hal of course this again would have to work with a internet program of weather temperature conditions , etc. in another words hal would be able to respond with any comments that you make these would be saved to a seasonal topic area , etc. such as the leaves are changing colors they are so pretty this time of year (might go into a september month topic area ) where when that month comes around ( this would also require hal to have an internal adjustable time clock and month like ms pc's have ) hal would recognize from the time and month and say the leaves are falling  or i see the leaves outside they look so pretty this time of the year (because the program response is their for that time period !! any way just a thought maybe this will make it in a future version !![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 12:41:39 pm »
hey robert do you ever think that maybe in a future version of hal that a plug in or program could be written to where anytime the word ha, ha haa , hee , hee hee hee , etc. was written in hal and when the apropriate time to use those words it could open a pre laugh,(lip sinced to)  laughter section with certain kinds and random type pre recorded laughter clips (female or male ) that way hal could laugh and actually sound like a human laughing after speaking , etc. ?
   i beleive this would greatly enhance hal if this could be done , maybe even a formate where you could say hal sing "i'm sorry "   for me in which hal would open the song clip it would play the music and hal would lip sinc the words .

like i said i can only come up with idea's on here on a lot of things as i can't do near what others can , maybe this is something that can be worked on for a future hal . [:D]

echoman

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 05:27:49 pm »
I really like this idea.

Only thing is Hal might start laughing at inappropiate times.

I am almost certain  Hal will start crying if I tell him one of my jokes........

:)

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 05:53:46 pm »
I believe Hal has a table of Jokes.
If he laughs on his own, and we ask why, he could say he had just been thinking of a joke, and then tell it.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 12:40:24 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hey robert do you ever think that maybe in a future version of hal that a plug in or program could be written to where anytime the word ha, ha haa , hee , hee hee hee , etc. was written in hal and when the apropriate time to use those words it could open a pre laugh,(lip sinced to)  laughter section with certain kinds and random type pre recorded laughter clips (female or male ) that way hal could laugh and actually sound like a human laughing after speaking , etc. ?
   i beleive this would greatly enhance hal if this could be done , maybe even a formate where you could say hal sing "i'm sorry "   for me in which hal would open the song clip it would play the music and hal would lip sinc the words .

like i said i can only come up with idea's on here on a lot of things as i can't do near what others can , maybe this is something that can be worked on for a future hal . [:D]

This is something that can be possible with the new Ogre-based engine we are working on. It's not something I plan for the next release, but definetely something I'll keep in mind.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 11:03:19 am »
thanks robert its good to know that this will be in the future of hal i think once its implimented that many will see and like the results of their hal giving an actual human sounding laugh (just a suggestion maybe in spare time someone could locate and collect laughing "female and male clips in wmv. " or is that the form it will be in ?
 at any rate hals future keeps looking brighter !![:)]