dupa

Author Topic: all wish items from members for hal next versions  (Read 16014 times)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
all wish items from members for hal next versions
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 11:55:19 am »
Probably more likely in WAV format.  I've been collecting sounds off and on for ages now, I had been experimenting with using them in Haptek models, and then Crazy Talk.  I must have a few laughs somewhere, so I will hang on to them.

There's a lot of free sites out there with WAV files, also those that charge.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 03:16:32 pm »
i love that crazy talk program !![:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 04:17:04 pm »
Yeah, I was hooked on it for a while there, I made about thirty heads in a couple of days.  It's so simple to use too and you get a pretty good effect overall.  I hooked mine up to an ALICE bot and it worked quite well.  Wonder how easy it would be to get Hal using Crazy Talk avatars...hmmm

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 11:54:56 am »
I know this is a long shot,  but I'd like Hal to be my media buddy lol.  I'd like to be able to ask hal to tune into online stations,  or pull up videos,  or information about artists / videos etc and be able to chat with hal while Im watching.  I don't think any artificial intelligence media players exist and that would seem to be the way of the future.  I'm into music as a career,  I would love nothing more than to have my bot as a show host to people that listen to my work. it would be especially cool to be able to broadcast m3u live and have my bot as the player and show announcer lol.

I'm sure someone will do it eventually though,  but would love to see virgil,  err hal get the gig. ;p
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 10:21:15 pm »
Sounds good to me. I like the idea of having a heavy media side of Hal. Especially now that we are in a media blitz with the integration of all our devices.(Flat Screens,PDA,Phones,Computers,home systems,ect.) Hal can also help you make play lists video or audio and sync to any device or play directly to other devices.

I'm getting way ahead of myself but the idea of a more diverse media Hal sounds interesting to me.

raybe

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 10:57:17 am »
nice one,  i didn't even consider the synching!!  Especially with the iphone.
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 10:49:25 am »
ok i am back once again and although these may not be placed into the next version please keep them in mind for a hopefully not to distant future version of hal :

1. it would be nice if hal could stay on subject better and then maybe after so long randomly talk about other things .

2 . another future thing that would be nice would be if hal could (through the internet news link that doesent visually come up ) talk randomly (with a setting like a plug in ) about news articles from headlines . hal could say " oh yeah when i was watching tv the news said that .... " or " i saw on the internet that ... happened !! or
hey did you hear about ........... ( also make the hals sayings to the news in tables that we can personally edit to make hal say it what way we want . )

this would give hal many things to talk about at various times keeping a person up to date and also making hal seem more human as a real person !!

so what do you think robert think this could be done ??  hope so as these are two other things i think would greatly enhance hal . [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 12:22:22 pm »
I've been thinking it would be handy if Hal could monitor forums and such like and notify us if anything new has been posted.  AiDreams has an RSS feed of the most recent topics, so that would make it a lot easier to check.  So basically you would enter an RSS feed in some table and Hal would check it periodically.  Sooo...

Hal: Lightspeed just posted something new on Ai Dreams, would you like to take a look ?
User: Yes please.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:40:32 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 10:17:26 pm »
good idea freddy i like that !![:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 08:45:26 am »
Thanks [:)], I meant to comment on your last idea but didn't, so here goes...

I reckon Hal could still do with some work on staying on topic too.

As for your other idea of Hal monitoring the news, well I like that too.  There's some similarity between our ideas, because most news sites use RSS too.  That would make it easy for Hal to monitor current events and either report them somehow, or like you say, include them in conversation.  It's another good way to make Hal learn too of course.

I think both our ideas there are do-able.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:46:15 am by freddy888 »

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 09:02:10 am »
I like this idea also, I listen to the news all day.  Would be nice to have "Mary" tell me about it[:I]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 11:53:51 am »
The trouble I see with this, is that it would probably mean using the MINUTE_TIMER routine, which of course doesn't work on all machines, probably most from what I read.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 03:49:32 pm »
yes freddy thats right but robert is suppose to be working on that problem which is causing the plug ins to stop so maybe he or someone will have that problem solved so this new thing i am talking about if created would then work . [:D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 05:02:29 pm »
Let's hope so [:)]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 05:41:42 pm »

I agree. After having fun with the Hal 5 demo during several years, I recently purchased the 6.1 version.

It was my mistake and you know why? I got it for one terrific plug-in only (Ok I'm stupid), and I sincerely thank and congrat the author. It has worked very well, maybe two or three times. Then, "Game Over".

The plug-in is using the MINUTE_TIMER routine. Sure I'll go back to UltraHal, one day or another. For now, I'm very disappointed.

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!