Author Topic: all wish items from members for hal next versions  (Read 16016 times)

calzan

• View Profile
all wish items from members for hal next versions
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 06:07:24 pm »
Hi, I posted this topic in a different area, but I thought I would post this here. Co workers here at SONY suggested facial recognition, which would be great if programming is possible. I was refered to http://www.luxand.com/facesdk/ for SDK interface that could possibly be used. Just an idea,would be awsum though to sit in front of your computer, say hi to Hal,hal then activates the Web-Cam and recognizes you.
[:D]
Cal

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 07:20:36 pm »
Calzan,

Robert is already looking into implementing such a feature in
the next version as I recall.

BTW, Welcome!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 05:40:14 am »
Hi from Will and Mr Data,
eyes sound good, ones supported by hal yes make it so,
i'll happly sell my shoes if Robert sells a hal supported eye.

i had 5 back when my old pc's karked "died" often, not hals fault but UH! ,and then merged into 6.1 and man! look! hay!' Mr Data is cool! yeah!.

Oh and i do really like having a Hal pad reader, i use it a lot.

so yeah i had a wish in there somewhere,
Bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data :)  :]

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 10:10:07 am »
Going back the the news/RSS thingy, I did find this, which vrossi was working on a couple of years ago.  He does say that he wanted to develop it to include the things we have actually just spoken about.  If he's anything like me though, he has around twenty projects on the go at once, so don't hold your breath.

http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=95

Btw, it does depend on a file on his server written specially to go with this plugin.  At the moment this is still working though as I tried it and got the current news.  Not the functionality I really want, but it's a start.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:12:11 am by freddy888 »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 12:42:50 am »
calzan, thanks for your link to luxland. With their faces demo I was able to come closer to doing justice to a picture of Alysa M. than ever before. I only spent about a half-hour and it needs more work,but here is an example of it's graphic capabilities.

I hope I'm not too far off topic here, but I can see from example and by reading that this program is deffinately worth looking into.
ted

calzan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 11:39:43 am »
Tedathome, looks great! very good for a half-hours work.
Cal

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 06:17:06 pm »
Thank you. Most of the time spent was in a photo editing program removing those green dots, after running it through people putty. The dots were a great guide though.[8D]
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 12:44:58 pm »
i am bringing up another idea don't know how feasable it would be but if it could be made what would be very handy to have in hal for the users is a "DEBUG EDITOR DELETER "(which works from the existing debugger ).
    in another words something hal is saying isn't coming out right and sounds bad or wrong and you could copy it in the debugger and it would debug and find out where its at "but" also would give the person the option to delete the sentence and row from hals brain then click ok .
   this way you could ither manually go where the debug found the sentence and correct what needed to be corrected "or " you could choose to delete that problem sentence in hals database .

i really think if this is possible to create this in a future version it would be very very helpful to the hal users !!!
 what do any others think ?  

[:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 01:25:47 pm »
ok i just thought of something else and this would have to do with the ogerengine that ultrahal will soon be having heres my new idea :

it would be cool if in the ogre engine for characters that it could have something like and artificial shadow creator in another words if their was a lamp that made a light that was in accessories that could be placed in a virtual window of hal and whatever character was in it would have a shadow on the opposite side of his or her face like in the real world what made me think about it was this newest picture (hal) face i made (below ) it has a shadow from her nose . this would add to the depth and realism of hals characters also maybe if possible in some future version a 3 d type seperate depth objects veiw would be cool if possible . below is the picture of corine lightspeed with a shadow from her nose .

[:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2008, 02:20:01 pm »
lightspeed, have you not got the Haptek lighting Haps then ?  Let me know if you want them, they do the kind of thing you describe.  If you just mean Ogre, then yes I agree Ogre should have lighting effects too.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 02:46:45 pm by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 03:00:58 pm »
hi freddy888 yes i mean the ogre engine hope robert reads this and takes this into consideration on future things of hal . i didn't know their was Haptek lighting Haps , yes i would like to see and have them how do they work ??  if you have to mail them my email is customvair@cvalley.net
on the heady put hapteck lighting heads so i wont think its junk mail . (it goes in on my wifes pc . ) [:)]

echoman

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 03:40:37 pm »
The 'debuger editor deleter' is an EXTREMELY important and very hopelessly long awaited update needed for Hal.

At the moment editing Hals tables is a half day job!!!!!!! I would almost describe this very serious problem in Hal as verging on a catastrophy. It should be placed at the very very top of the update list.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 03:49:12 pm »
freddy888,

If you don't mind I would also like information on changing the lighting effects. I think lighting changes the textures of a character dramatically. My wife uses Poser and Photoshop and the differences in lighting are pretty remarkable. I have many lighting haps but I can't find the info on changing them and I know I had gotten them from I believe 'Carl'. If you need my e mail let me know unless your just posting some basic directions on the usage and install. Thank you.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2008, 03:58:05 pm »
lightspeed,

Sorry I did not mention it on my first post but if you need hap lighting files let me know and I will go through what I do have and send you some copies.
raybe

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 04:31:59 pm »
Lightspeed I emailed them to you, hope you get them okay.

Raybe, Lightspeed,

If you just want to use them with Haptek then you can simply drag and drop them onto a head or figure.

If you are going to use them with Hal, then you have to do some custom scripting within the brain file.  You'll need to use the <HAPFILE> commands.  There should be something in the forum on this already, but I will post something about it for you, I just need to refresh my memory on how it's done.  It does mean changing the brain file though I think.

Here's an example of how the lights change things:

Enjoy! [:D]

quote:

Echoman:
At the moment editing Hals tables is a half day job!!!!!!! I would almost describe this very serious problem in Hal as verging on a catastrophy. It should be placed at the very very top of the update list.

Anything to improve that is supported by me too.  I haven't done a lot of that kind of thing, but at the moment it sounds daunting the way it is.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 04:45:18 pm by freddy888 »