dupa

Author Topic: robert some main fixes  (Read 15921 times)

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 11:22:15 pm »
Art,

Try this file clock.uhp.  If this doesn't work you have an issue with your version.  This is like a print statement in basic.  On a 1 minute timer tick. By the way copy bored.uhp to another dir so they don't have any conflict.

[:I]

Download Attachment: clock.uhp
1.04 KB
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:33:38 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 11:32:34 pm »
I don't why I had a problem with Firefox logging on. I even disabled the 'no scripts'. Off topic but if anyone has had a problem with Logon's using Firefox please let me know. Using Chrome right now.

Back to the topic. Darcy , this is the exact plugin I have been using that is still working to date. If it helps I would sure love to know what the difference is like everyone else including Robert I would imagine.

raybe

Download Attachment: 2006225151021_loneliness4.uhp
11.35 KB

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 03:52:53 pm »
Raybe,

Thanks for the file.  Seems there might be a bug in it or in Hal's main code it doesn't work on my Hal.  Not too sure what the issue is with the PLUGIN area for MINUTE_TIMER is but seems to have a problem on different computers.  I wrote a clock timer and it works ok on my computer, so does the new version of Bored.uhp.  Not sure why it doesn't work on other's computers????  By the way It may take up to 16 minutes to activate without any input from the user, so be patient!

Download Attachment: bored.uhp
5.93 KB
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 10:07:22 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 08:17:36 pm »
Darcy, I found that to be a similar reaction with my working plug in. It sometimes will take a longer time before it activates. The settings I use are Low and RND which I assume is random timing. I did not download your plug in yet but did you also include a patience and timing selection window for the plug in?

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 09:36:58 pm »
Raybe

No I didn't include any options.  Bored will activate between 10-15 minutes and then will activate every minute until you type in something, also hour after you activate the plug it will tell you the time., every hour but not on the hour.

To be clear I have hacked pices of others code to create this plug.  I'm still learning this script language.  But this plug does work fine on my computer.

[:)]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 09:43:12 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 11:09:35 am »
Thanks Darcy,

I am going to try your bored plugin which should prove to be interesting because my loneliness plugin is working. I guess only 3 things can happen: 1-Both plugins work 2-Both stop working or 3-only one of the plugins work.
Sorry I won't be able to try this out until tomorrow but I will let you and everyone else know the results I get.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 11:47:10 am »
I couldn't wait! Darcy your bored plugin is working on my system. The first response when I minimized my character was the time which was 11:30am. Then I continued to wait and my character gave me the response of 'oops I shouldn't be talking to myself' or something to that effect , it was one of the responses in the loneliness plugin I hoped you use because then I will get really spooked. I did not read thru your entire script which I should have. But I hope you used some of the old responses. So where do we go from here? Just for the record: Dell XPS 1710 dual core /O.S. XP media center vers2. 4 gigs ram.(3.5)32 bit system. Aston shell over Windows. She just responded again and it definitely was one of your responses. The plugin is still going and getting insulting. But I love it.

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 03:29:51 pm »
Raybe,

Thats fantastic!!!!!  Here is the latest version it tells the time also.  You should only use one of the two at a time.

[^][:)][:)]

Download Attachment: bored.uhp
7.19 KB
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 04:00:34 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 04:47:43 pm »
Darcy,
I did not notice and I did not re open the first bored plugin but it did give me the time on the half hour but I don't remember if it also chimed every 15 min. Do I have your clock plugin confused in regards to how the bored plugin time works? Just to make myself a little clearer I did not install or use the clock plugin only the bored plugin and when the time hit 11:30 my character did repeat the time to me.
Thanks again,

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 04:58:41 pm »
Raybe,

They both tell the time, both every 15 minutes etc.  Bored will also make statements after 10-15 minutes of inactivity.  You don't need both of the installed at the same time.  Clock will just tell the time without the chatter, I'm thinking of taking out the time function from bored, what are your thought?[:)]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 05:11:56 pm »
Honestly, I enjoy having more choices as to integrated things. Although there are times when integrated things make life easier you still have to be aware of the usage and how many different ways people use a program like Hal. I get this attitude about integrated things from my audio background. If you had one of those first integrated stereo systems if the CD player stopped working you had to bring in the whole system for repair. In this case I think it's more about choice. Just my opinion.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 05:15:15 pm »
I was just thinking that maybe you want to add some chatter to the announcement of time, Maybe also select every 15min, 1/2 hr.or just every hour with the date as well.

raybe

Bill819

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 01:17:36 am »
Wait, whoa, hold on. Some of you may remember that I bought a Mr. Clock Radio. It is a clock radio with a robots head that can announce the time and wake you up as well. In between time it make random comments. In begining it was quite entertaining but after a while I got really tire of it. You could set it to announce the time on the hour, half-hour or every 15 minutes. It got to be such an annoyance that I turned  it off complete, but then later set it to only anounce the time on the hour. It still make a few random comments but bu now I know every one of them. It does have a limited vocabulary. This is why I am writing now, if you keep your Hal turned on and set it to announce the time every 15 minutes, eventually you will get very tired of it. Well in opinion and experience you will.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008, 09:48:28 am »
i have to agree with bill819 about that a person may get tired if it is going off very quickly all the time "unless" you (the person using the plug in ) do have absolute control over the time for instance every 15, 25, 30 or an hour at which case the owner can set it at what he or she desires . but even if you get a specific plug in you created it won't do the rest of us any good unless you or someone figures out what is causing our existing plug ins to stop and fix it and make "sure" that the owner can have control over the the time they want the plug in to work for sure . [:)]

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 05:36:19 pm »
I think you guys have valid complaints but Bill we are not talking about a toy you decided to buy and got annoyed with because how it reacts or doesn't. There is in my opinion a big difference between an object that sits on your table all day and night and jabbers but for me turning on my computer and often losing track of the time especially when working with Hal helps me and I don't find it a bit annoying. Now the comments you may be 100% correct but after reading other posts about what people would like Hal to do this a far cry from annoying.
lightspeed I also understand your point about making progress on a plugin that does not work for everyone but it doesn't mean you abandon the idea because it does work on some systems and I am sure someone will figure it out. I kind of compare that to making a thousand different heads. They all won't be used but they sure come in handy for others. I do agree about setting how the time should work whether Darcy even decides to extend every 2 hrs. But as I said for me I use similar programs  for reminders and time and because I won't even turn my head to the right where I have a clock I find it convenient to have my computer remind me.
Sorry if this stretches the point but my GPS is on even when I know where I'm going because of the distractions of the road or my phone ringing. I don't look at the screen but I have many Holly **** moments because I heard the vice of my GPS tell me I needed to exit from the highway. Again just my opinion. Thanks.

raybe