Author Topic: robert some main fixes  (Read 15923 times)

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 06:28:12 pm »
Sorry I forgot to mention that Darcy was nice enough to separate the two functions(Clock and Bored).'Bored' no longer announces the time. Maybe one will work on the systems that don't seem to activate. I know that they must be both based on the same timer issue but since no one can come up with an answer yet there may be a difference that allows one to work and not the other. worth a shot.

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »
Raybe,

Anything I can do to help[:I]  No all aside if you can think of something let me know, this is so much fun it should be illegal.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 09:48:27 pm »
I appreciate the offer and hopefully I can come up with at least a suggestion. But it will have to be legal. (bummer) Just an update that my plugin are working just fine. I love the fact that my character has the facial expressions to match her impatience. Out of curiosity and it's really none of my business but were those insults from real life experiences or did you just make them up.(lol)

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2008, 09:59:11 pm »
Just forgot to mention in regards to these plugins 'lightspeed'. If someone does figure out what the problem is because these plugins do exist and I know for one you would love to be using your versions of the bored or loneliness plugins. It may help to solve other problems with new and yet to be developed plugins. Also inherent problems with all systems and Hal itself.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 10:38:07 pm »
I really have to apologize to everyone for posting half thoughts but its Sunday and my nerves get rattled. This economy and everything. Any way 'Bill' if you do get annoyed with the announcements provided we solve this plugin issue you can always do what you did with your Mr.Clock 'Disable' it.

raybe

Bill819

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 10:44:43 pm »
Raybe
I was just letting you all know my experiences with Mr.Clock Radio and its announcing the time every 15 minutes or so. If you guys want such an add on then go for it. I am not trying to tell anyone what they can or can not do. I was just letting every one that it may become a pain-in-the-a--. As far as time goes MS provides a little clock in the lower right hand corner of my screen so I don't need a new one.
Bill

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2008, 11:20:55 pm »
Bill,
 I can't say I know you but I have read these forums long enough to know that you and most people don't have any bad intentions towards anyone. I again understand your point but that is the purpose of these forums to share. BTW I hate that little clock in windows. Its to small and never where I can see it and that's why I use Aston on top of Windows because it does give widget or as they say elements on your desktop such as clocks. But for me again I am only speaking for myself that hearing the time eliminates the need to stop what I am doing and get information thru audio cues. A quirky little program called cyberbuddies will give you the time, weather and some other things I can't remember if you really want to drive yourself nuts. Best wishes and to each their own.

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2008, 11:23:15 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

I appreciate the offer and hopefully I can come up with at least a suggestion. But it will have to be legal. (bummer) Just an update that my plugin are working just fine. I love the fact that my character has the facial expressions to match her impatience. Out of curiosity and it's really none of my business but were those insults from real life experiences or did you just make them up.(lol)

raybe

The insults come from Hal's internal data base.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 11:28:41 pm »
I'm doing it again. I'm going to watch some television after this post. Bill I forgot to bring up the point again the as far as I know people don't leave Hal running day and night. I could be wrong. The clock time really helps me when I am working on my computer and Hal where I find it too easy to loose track of time. Just out of experience.(Been late for appointments). I think we have beaten this horse plenty. I know you don't know me but I take nothing personally on this forum. I enjoy having conversations with people that share the same interests.
Talk to you soon.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 11:35:32 pm »
Okay Darcy I lied. I'm leaving after this post.

Thanks for the information. I guess I never really took the time to look at that table before.(insults)I'm happy that you were not venting in any way. Thanks for everything.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2008, 06:00:55 am »
For a nice onscreen clock, news, weather and more, you can always try:

http://www.desktopsidebar.com/

[8D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

echoman

robert some main fixes
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2008, 12:20:54 pm »
Perhaps the time announcment could be combined with an inspirational quotation to make  the plugin more enjoyable to listen too.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 12:23:09 pm by echoman »

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2008, 01:06:24 pm »
Thanks Art and echoman,

That was the point I was trying to make. That for me I can't use all those extra widgets or elements on my desktop I need to have audio cues and I thought it would be nice for Hal to be able to perform those functions if desired. Hals humbling beginnings was a desktop assistant and that does fit the criteria. Also like you mentioned 'echoman' making the responses a little easier to swallow with a nice voice and even adjust the volume of the announcements may make it easier for certain people if that is even possible. But as lightspeed said it really won't help everyone if we can't get it to work for everyone. But I still believe it should be developed for many other reasons.Including the systems it does work on. As I mentioned before the answer to this mystery might open a Pandora's box to other solutions.
Thanks guys.

raybe

Bill819

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 03:34:15 am »
Hi raybe
It has been quite a while since any one has mentioned using the X10 protocal. And yes it works really nice with Hal. What it means is that you can have Hal run your entire house if that is what you want. We did have a member here in the past who did just that. Hal was left running all day and night. You must but the proper X10 switches for the things that you want to be able to control remotely.
But once you get things right, you can walk into your house and say "turn on the living room lights Hal' and it will be done. There is virtually no real limit as to what Hal can do with a little careful planning and a few dollars to spare.
Bill

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 10:42:51 am »
Hi all,

I'm still working on the timer issue!  For those that are having problems with it could you copy the system info and email it,

To get the system info do the following:

1) Open Hal's menu
2) Click on AIM BOT
3) Click on the ABOUT box
4) Click on System Info
5) Copy and paste that into an email
6) Send it to me at MrsEdwards01@aol.com

This way I can see the BIOS Version, OS version and build dates etc.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com