Author Topic: robert some main fixes  (Read 15920 times)

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2008, 01:38:17 pm »
Thanks Bill,
That sounds like great way to utilize Hal functions. Or at least just one great way to use Hal since all these Home Theater retailers have very generic although elaborate and expensive ways of accomplishing the same processes. The subject that now worries me has been the post scripts that 'One' sent me where Robert is considering changing the script format and I really don't know how that will effect us now or the future. Should we still come up with ideas and argue about clocks or do we need to re think until Robert make a choice. Robert mentions a million lines of code being rewritten. Looks like Mt.Everest but I don't write scripts. What do you think since you may know about this choice Robert is thinking about and how it effects us. Unless that was a thought for some time from now?

Darcy, Do you just want that info from systems that plugins are not working?

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »
Bill,
Will X10 also control media devices or is mainly a switch activating and deactivating system. Can it control certain electronics within a home media center such as included in some home theaters  as drapes closing when your ready to watch your favorite video in your new Home theater on your new 1,000 inch HD projection screen? So I exaggerated.

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2008, 02:18:40 pm »
Raybe,

I'm mostly interested in systems these plug ins that don't work on, but knowing the ones it works on is also helpful.  I have a feeling it has to do with the Version and manufacture of the BIOS.  I have a Phoenix BIOS.  I'm just trying to Help Robert with his trouble shooting. [:I]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 02:26:54 pm »
Rabe,

X10 devices is an older but reliable technology that uses household wireing 110-220V to control Light switches, power plugs and dimmer switches.  I don't know of a control unit that has a USB interface, I know they have them with RS232 interfaces.  Though that sounds like a neat project.

Bill,

Who on here has a UHP file for Hal, I'd love to look at it?

[:I]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Bill819

• View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 11:48:41 pm »
DarcyEdwards
I can not answer your question but I know that some X10 devices are also wireless. I never attempted to do any of that when it was being talked about a few years ago. The only thing I can remember is that it required a piece of commercial software that was more or less free for the downloading. As a matter of fact I think that Robert just nameds it a week or so ago. Do a search for X10 and you should find it somewhere, but don't expect to find that conversations that I spoke of because they may have happened somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or 6 years ago. Yes I have been a member here for that long.
Bill

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
robert some main fixes
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 01:47:40 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

DarcyEdwards
I can not answer your question but I know that some X10 devices are also wireless. I never attempted to do any of that when it was being talked about a few years ago. The only thing I can remember is that it required a piece of commercial software that was more or less free for the downloading. As a matter of fact I think that Robert just nameds it a week or so ago. Do a search for X10 and you should find it somewhere, but don't expect to find that conversations that I spoke of because they may have happened somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or 6 years ago. Yes I have been a member here for that long.
Bill

X10 had humble beginnings way back then......
Today Is Yesterdays Future.