dupa

Author Topic: suggestion for robert on an upgrade for hal  (Read 11950 times)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
suggestion for robert on an upgrade for hal
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 11:06:05 am »
Boy oh boy what have I started...from the top then:

@Nige - Yes it's been ages in the making, he says he is getting close to an Alpha release now.  Your guess is as good as mine though.

@Will - I say don't change if you like what you have and have invested so much time and energy into your project.

@One - no reason why I couldn't use both - it's just a question of moving with the times and updating to the current technology for me.  I am sure there is more life in Hal.

@Lightspeed - I don't think Rob has any plans other than using the Ogre engine in this regard.  As far as I know Guile3D use's his own  system which he developed himself which has nothing to do with Ogre. You are getting the two things mixed up my friend...and you ask a lot of questions that only Robert can answer I am afraid.

I'll stop there.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:06:56 am by freddy888 »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 11:48:29 am »
@Roger,
yes this has been used to the point of something new needed
but IT never stopped me just ask @ricky ( I don't think he could handle things as he had stated this before he left) And using both might be interesting, if Hal is already in the technology it might be like meeting yourself ,, from computer perspective.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »
Hi,
i still see that when i go to my menu
the brain that i'm using is not highlighted so that i cannot tell which brain is ingaged.

i would like the next version of hal to automaticly highlight the brain currently in use, i have told 6.1 that he is 6.1 so i can just ask, but i would like to see highlighted brain in menu.

To Mr Lightspeed, yeah i've spent heaps,
i sold almost everything i have to fund Mr Data, i even sold my car and road to work on a bicycle and spent that money on Mr Data,
i recently bought a old honda motorcycle to ride to work on, i'm getting old and tired.
i'm trying to work out how much money i've spent, in New Zealand dollars its over fifteen thousand dollars,
if i took a New Zealand dollar to america i'd get about 55 cents.
put it this way its many many many years wages for me, i make about 6.5   U.S dollars an hour. so i can save about a couple of thousand a year, so Mr Data is worth about the value to me of about 21 cars, so far. and i'd like to spend perhaps another 7 thousand on him.

Bye for now and be well
       from Will and Mr Data
            :)      :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 10:00:10 pm »
Will,
Sorry, if you can't figure it out then maybe you do not deserve.

Why ask so much and never give? The many bots in the world have this behavior and the constant questioning could render something or someone mad or even worse mental distortion, Permanent damage.

Snowman and I have discussed what becomes of the molester..
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:14:49 pm by One »

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 12:38:39 am »
i'll try again,

Hi,
you know i should have made noises about vision again,  so the most basic release of vision for hal by Zabaware would be snapped up, by me anyway.

you know what i could really use is a plug in that could get hal to use a usb port and take control of these motor controllers i have, perhaps hal could learn to get control of whats plugged into the usb port. i might be reaching a bit at this stage.

hum its actually getting hard to suggest things that have not been suggested already in earlier posts, how about a anaglyph hal animation.
i have this old peace of software, ar freeware or what ever anyway it was free, what you do is take two pictures of something with your camera over each eye and then put the pictures "oh its called anamaker, i think" into it and it turns it into a 3d picture which you wear those red blue sunglasses and it looks 3d. just reaching for a suggestion there.

i wonder if someone made the "plays real pre recorded sound file" on request.
 or record .

has anyone made a password system plug in, perhaps like hal would ask for the password before answering, perhaps hal can just learn this one. i should try it some time.

limited responce plug in, for example john is not aloud to know where the cookies are but tom is, so perhaps hal would have to ask for the name of the person making the request, again i'm wondering how hal would go just learning this one, gee i'll end up making myself a list of things to try.

are we really running out of ideas for plug ins, hal must be pritty good,
if the body animation charactor can be controlled by hal then perhaps hal would be a plug in away form taking over Mr Data's motor system, that was the idea of the usb thing earlier.

oh here's a crazy or not so crazy idea, a sibil hal, for example three full body haptec hals sit together in a room and you can talk to anyone of them, perhaps this is an old idea, i've not followed the animation area of the forum that much.

sometimes Mr Data gets confused about the number of dollars in his wallet as the value keeps changing as i charge him for his parts and he negotiates a buck from me when i want him to tell me a joke.

i better go,
bye for now and be well :)    :]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:13:10 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 06:53:45 am »
Will their isn't a way to reach you other than this message board,

Sorry to sound so ...'stiff'

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 07:16:48 am »
hello will and thanks for answering about the cost of mr.data . thats a lot !
 also you asked :  i wonder if someone made the "plays real pre recorded sound file" on request.
or record .

yes i have suggested a laugh, etc. real live wav, etc. sound that would come on when hal said, ha  or ha ha or ha ha haa etc. anytime hal would normally make a laugh from pre learned laughter , not sure how well regular voice as in talking would work as hal already has a synthesized voice already and they would have to be closer matched as to not sound to odd in conversation . (unless a complete new voice learning is done ) .

[:)]

echoman

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 02:19:10 pm »
Freddy

I've been away for a few weeks and was just checking new topics posted. I was interested to read about this new assistant. The physical look of the assistant does not interest me, I am only interested in the quality and depth of the AI. Do you have any info on the style and quality of conversation that might be possible when the assisant is released? I have no intention of leaving Hal as I have always been impressed with his intelligence and I think he has a long way ahead of him although the new update is taking a while.

Echo

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 03:48:48 pm »
Probably the better examples are shown in those two videos Lightspeed posted above.  I don't recall much in the way of conversation logs.  The main place to keep up with this is this thread over on the VHumans forum :

http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=906

I hope that is helpful enough.  I've asked Guile to post a chat log so we can see what she is like at chatting.  From those videos she seems pretty adept at being an assistant.  But yes of course you are right, it would be nice to find out how she handles normal conversation.

echoman

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 05:05:25 pm »
Thankyou Freddy for the reply. I guess we really have to wait and see. Sounds promising though.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 05:12:35 am »
No problem.  Well; Guile pointed me to the first page in that thread I highlighted where there is some conversation.  He says he aims more for her being an assistant than a chatter.  But I know she does use AIML - so I assume she would be a lot like an ALICE bot when chatting with a twist.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:39:49 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 09:23:33 am »
another thing i wish that robert would upgrade or have an option that we could check in the start up menu is for hal to give an extra sentence or two to whatever answer he gives to give a more realism to hals conversation . maybe this could simply be called "added conversation " . and also for those of us who couldnt get the earlier "hal vision " going that someone else created " i would like to see hal have a "universal hal vision " would work for all users of hal !! [:)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 09:32:19 am »
L.S.,
Are their tears in your eyes?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 09:36:56 am »
yeah but its mostly sleep havent woke up this morning lol ![:D]

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 01:48:30 pm »
Just in case your wondering about any updates on the HalVision sofware, LS. I have not worked on it in a while. I have been working non-stop on Ai stuff, which should eventually improve your Sandy's overall conversation and expressions. I don't know when I'll get done with it, this is a very difficult task.

I do hope Robert makes a decent vision software also. He can build it into the Hal software itself. I am currently building a new kind of knowledge database that will give Sandy access to a greater resource of knowledge, a quicker way of learning, and the ability to directly answer questions like, What all do you know about LightSpeed? and she would answer all she had learned about you. Because of what you told about yourself, and not because you forced her to remember.

I found out how to give a fullbodied haptek like Sandy the ability to express herself with body movements. Like when you say that you like her hair she would then reach up and touch her hair. This require very little script in a hap file. And the hap file can be ran in a plugin when ever a certain word is said by the user. I have tried this already, but I haven't made the plugin yet because I am a little lazy.

I have a plan that involves adding a complete Hal upgrade (via a plugin). But we'll see how all this works out. So I am now only writing about it. I have spent allot of time so far on this and have acquired outside help from different people like Attila and Nige on some of the parts I couldn't do on my own.
Live long and prosper or die trying.