dupa

Author Topic: windows seven and people putty files  (Read 2749 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
windows seven and people putty files
« on: September 18, 2010, 04:50:22 pm »
i just ran across this quit by accident , while i was using windows seven now i went into my user files in people puty to take a look at some of my skin files, etc. and it showed nothing it said this folder is empty  , which was bad since i have made some faces and heads , so i noticed up above in the page it said "compatability files "and then it shows the files . as seen in these pics . i just wanted to show that to anyone who may not know about it and think they lost their files .
the way i did it was through : computer \program filesx86\haptek\peopleputty\user\textures ( etc. )
p.s. depending on what your computer is in windows seven the program files listing area may be a little different .
 i made short cut files to my desktop but later they show as empty , i don't know if i can do something so they will keep showing or not if i do i'll post it on here to .  :)

rnrower

• View Profile
Re: windows seven and people putty files
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 12:54:41 pm »
Hi,
I am trying to find an expert in the use of Haptek software.   Does anyone still ue it ?   Has it ever been updated to work on Windows 7 ?

Robert K

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 07:33:16 pm »
Hi Robert!

I use UltraHal with a Haptek character / avatar and it works just fine (with Windows 7).

What I have noticed and do not care for is the TIME LAG I experience if I choose to activate a .HTR or HAPTAR file using the command box. (Just double clicking on any .HTR file and the character shows in a small window).
To move the character around either larger / closer or farther / smaller or left / right will take some getting used to. There is a couple second delay after you move the mouse and the character moves to the new location. This is frustrating but since the character(s) are actually of secondary importance to me (Hal's brain operation / function / topic flow / grasp etc., being of primary importance), the character issue isn't really that annoying.

As mentioned, the character does seem to work fine within the confines of UltraHal.

I'm on a Windows 7, i700, 8 GB, 1 TB HD unit.

Hopefully the man behind the curtain at Haptek will come out with something soon (as he promised to do at the last Chatbot Conference this year). So, hang in there and keep checking.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 09:16:59 pm »
Art , what in the hell are you doing with the computer that i need,  a Windows 7, i700, 8 GB, 1 TB HD unit.? lol !!
Actually i am happy to have what i have ! just had to razz you a bit lol ! :) ;)