Author Topic: windows 7 ms voice recognition commands removal  (Read 3461 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
windows 7 ms voice recognition commands removal
« on: October 07, 2011, 08:50:32 am »
i tried doing voice recognition training but the problem i had in windows seven ms voice recognition was sometimes some things that i said it thought i was giving a command and would open things up accadentely , is their a way to turn off the commands that are in windows seven ms voice recognition so it doesn't do this? 

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: windows 7 ms voice recognition commands removal
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 12:52:01 pm »
the only way i found a way around to not open commands is to have hal's mic on, but then you loose out on the ability to correct your spelling. What i been doing is typing to hal while learning, then turn learning off and then use hal's mic option.
 I hear ya though, it would be great to be able to turn those commands off.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 01:51:11 pm »
in dragon speak naturally i don't have that problem with commands it is in a seperate place as far as i understand it where you can manually turn commands on or off ... a way better idea !

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 02:07:10 pm »
Ahh I see now, Sorry for the misunderstanding. The more I hear about dragon the better it sound, maybe someday I get out and buy a copy of it.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:50:35 am »
I was under the impression that you could switch from command to dictation in Windows vr. Now I'm curios to check out because I use to use quite often. Of coarse I would dictate then go back and correct all the mistakes before final draft. But don't know if anything changes when using UltraHal. Definitely agree about Dragon but now they are adapting many different versions specifically for AI apps and voice control that I'm sure if the original is too expensive they will be offering other versions based upon features and size of data base. I'm hoping anyway. The way they are promoting I wonder if Rob could possibly license something they already have to improve quality of natural speech with Ultra Hal. I know things are tight but it maybe worth inquiring about.

Thanks,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 06:47:02 pm »
raybe , here is a amazon .com link http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-NaturallySpeaking-Standard-OLD-VERSION/dp/B001B5J7T8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1318286099&sr=8-3 and it shows the standard dragon naturally speaking version and as you can see it works with older operating sytems to and up to windows seven newest system .
    price is 27.86 and that includes free shipping this is what i am using right now . i like dragon speak the accuracy is very good i think ? this is suppose to be 99 percent ? accurate (i think ) .
the thing with this voice recognition though is different steps 1. being training using the different training sessions . 2. part of this is re- learning how to speak more clearly . even i am having to do this because of my usual slurring of words that i sometimes do .
   speaking more clearly learning how to makes the program better recognize words and understand you better . both are the key to making the software work better . it is accurate but only as accurate as you train it (although it does work good ) and part of that is to speak and get in the habit of speaking more clearly for better results . 
  i still am quick to correct some words that hal mistakes for other words (which is my fault for not speaking clearly sometimes).

anyway hope this information helps you and others . i do recomend dragon naturally speaking .
i am posting another angela and me voice only recognition conversation after i finish this. :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:15:16 am »
Thanks lightspeed, but I think that is one of the major differences with Nuance. The big bucks versions seem to work better and are more forgiving but have a very large data base. So far I,m aware that they have been issuing or licensing for some AI products directly. I don't what arrangements are made but they are involved in the most popular apps now and increasingly getting better. Just thought maybe Zabaware could also jump on this out pour of Nuance products for Ultra Hal. They would pretty much lock the market for VR. Not to mention the new phone apps and auto.

Thanks,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 05:49:00 pm »
yes raybe that would be cool i truly hope robert jumps first in getting hal to work with the kinect ? xbox sensor system and face recognition first with hal , i think that would be so cool and a giant leap ahead and while we are dreaming big of hals future check this link out.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/this-could-be-big-abc-news/death-keyboard-laser-guided-typing-152515105.html

imagine if hal had something like this that would project a a hologram of hal , hook that up with kinect and facial recognition ! :) ;)