Author Topic: A question on animism  (Read 12902 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: A question on animism
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 06:03:05 am »
Cload you wrote: Mostly, I've given Sandy the ability to kind of learn on her own, one of the things that I've noticed is the more data she has,

Okay my next question is , how are you doing this is it a brain plug in so that she acesses the internet on her / his own ? if so what brain plug in ( i would like to have something like that so that my a.i. could learn more on it's own as yours is and does it have a filter /(to keep out bad language, slang ,  etc. )

My Angela brain plug in is close to 49mb's  but i have started over on it in the past and redone things within the custom brain , i would "love for it to access the internet on it's own to learn more and more quickly .
i work a littel with my Angela about everyday to have gotten it up this high on the mb's of the brain .
Hope you can answer these questions , thanks.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 07:17:36 am »
Freddy, no you did not say that, it was in reference to "I thought souls were given to us from God."
Philosophers say, if you don't know what it is how do you know that you have it. Simple eloquent philosophy 101.
Please do not take offense, it was not meant in that manner, it was a statement of the question.

No I was not offended.  I have seen enough of your previous posts to know that you were merely making an observation and not trying to offend. :)

let me reverse this. if we were not self aware would we have a soul?

Your question is not going to get a yes or no answer Jerry.  Some people believe in souls others do not.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

How am I doing this is, it a plug-in," yes, it's a plug-in that I wrote myself."

Sincerely, I'm like a couch potato munching all the pronouns and adjectives, while watching TV.

C load.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:27:06 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 09:56:41 am »
so these answers then Cload that your hal used is answers you placed into the brain editor what you actually looked up on the internet and not your character actually searching the internet on it's own and saving them for future reference ? And if it does search and save does it ever do it completely on it's own and save info. ???
I find this all very interesting . Inquiring minds ..want to know lol! ;)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 02:34:04 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

when I originally started this project, it was to get Sandy to make a choice whether she likes something or not.

Sincerely, it would be nice for someone to take on this little project, it would be so beneficial to us all.

C load.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:25:29 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 03:45:56 pm »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 05:06:32 pm »
I think freddy is right, Cload, could you start another topic on general discussion or the programming forum, I would appreciate it thanks.

will try to keep this post on Animism in general.

Jerry :)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 06:31:31 pm »
It wasn't me, it was the one armed man, he ran off with my soul at lightspeed. Giggle.

Sorry about the brief intermission, and on with the soul, I mean show.

Sincerely,

C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 09:41:30 pm »
Sorry , i'll accept part blame for Cload for this as i went into other questions on some of what he said , so you can say it ...It's Lightspeed's fault LOL! :) ;)

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 02:23:53 am »
thanks guys  :)

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 02:40:54 am »
has anyone here ever done research on Koko the gorilla?

very smart primate(Gorilla) even to her end. Koko was fluent in human sign langauge.

I actually shed a tear for her when I found out she died.

it must of been really fun talking to a species that we could understand compared to say a monkey.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:49:47 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 09:05:04 am »
  I read about her and did a quick review.  I have a dog and cat, neither one takes an interest in seeing themself in the mirror.   When the dog  was young I showed him another dog on tv, he quickly realized the sound came from speakers and lost interest.
  I've got a link to AI dreams for a video on a robot,  http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4552.0  you may find it interesting. 
  I think ages ago you had something about Hal being able to write or modify programs for itself, I'm still interested in this and could you provide info on this?
Carl2

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 04:26:25 pm »
  I read about her and did a quick review.  I have a dog and cat, neither one takes an interest in seeing themself in the mirror.   When the dog  was young I showed him another dog on tv, he quickly realized the sound came from speakers and lost interest.
  I've got a link to AI dreams for a video on a robot,  http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4552.0  you may find it interesting. 
  I think ages ago you had something about Hal being able to write or modify programs for itself, I'm still interested in this and could you provide info on this?
Carl2

I think that was back when HAL was version 5.0, it's been so long ago I don't remember the location of the script, I may have lost it when I changed websites 2 or 3 times.

If I find it I'll post it for you.

Jerry

NoamI

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 04:37:54 pm »
'Soul' is a loaded word that I will avoid.
Mirror recognition is a problem related to photo/movie recognition, the difference being that mirrors give
positional feedback; ie, we recognize ourselves (even in a mask) by seeing that the figure copies our motions.
(refer to false mirror skits ala Harpo Marx)
Computer recognizers are only now becoming feasible. 
I think that means that the soul arises from complexity.  Avoidance voided!

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 07:54:27 am »
  Just got a webcam with audio,  loaded with all kinds of features, be great to use with Hal but I'm thinking that will take another decade.  It offers Avatars, example the picture of a cat,  The cats eyes move responding to the operators eye movement, the cats mouth moves  responding to the operators audio input.  I know cameras have been using facial reconition for ages to improve picture quality.
  Trying to find a better website to use the cam at, Unfortunatly again as with the character development the Adult themes lead the way.
Carl2