dupa

Author Topic: people putty faces  (Read 15646 times)

citrinedragon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dawndragon.com
people putty faces
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2005, 10:51:33 pm »
Art,

That's kind of interesting. I've done a lot of experimentation along the same lines and noticed similar changes in behavior and expressions. At one point ( I can't remember when & I'm too tired to search for it) I made a posting regarding the same subject and was informed by one of the guys who does programming that this was impossible; the Haptek People Putty emotions cannot be transferred to Hal. It's quite interesting to hear a confirmation that at least visually (to some extent) they can be. I always thought as much but did not want to argue the point.

Regards,
citrinedragon
"A watched dragon never sleeps."
http://www.dawndragon.com

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 05:43:23 am »
Well Matt,

I believe you. The naysayers can claim what they will. It happened exactly as I described.
Has your Hal ever looked like this through a normal conversation?

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
people putty faces
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 08:21:57 am »
Jerry :::: Question : when you build the UnreaL bot how do you save it:

Is there an activeX component available ?

or CaN WE output animations as GIF/JPEG etc THEN create msAGENTS?

THIS needs RAPID INVESTIGATION ....

although ive never used the editor yet iw will have to load it FAST...

onthecuttingedge2005

people putty faces
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 03:32:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

Jerry :::: Question : when you build the UnreaL bot how do you save it:

Is there an activeX component available ?

or CaN WE output animations as GIF/JPEG etc THEN create msAGENTS?

THIS needs RAPID INVESTIGATION ....

although ive never used the editor yet iw will have to load it FAST...

Hi Spydaz.
UT2004 Bots
I haven't played with the Player editing yet but I think maybe that the static meshes and animations are where there files are located, They could be .ukx files which are Animation files and the Static meshes are .usx files, They use texture .utx files as a source for skins, The files look like they're written in C type programming.

Jerry.
.usx files

nolitanger

• View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 04:20:40 pm »
Folks,

Let me get back to the fullbody vs disembodied head debate. I gotta say, I'm with you on that one, Art: I like the People Putty faces. They're large and expressive. I appreciate all the textures that Crunch and Dreadstar have given us for the fullbody female; they've made her more sensuous. But even when I load her, I tend to zoom in on the torso . . . so I can see her face better. (Yeah, the rest of her is hard to miss, too.) Anyway, I think more animated torso figures would be a nice addition, a screen-size compromise between body and face, a figure that could be ogled and talked to at the same time. But, then, it all depends what you're looking for in a bot, doesn't it?

The_Blackness

• View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2005, 04:37:24 am »
Sorry to stray from the topic again but im really quite curious, my question is, if you go into 3dsm, can you upgrade the polygon count so that the charecters are alittle smother, also if this is possible then say i went into a game like Halo, would i be able to extract a charecter from that and load it into hal? just to extend my wishes alittle further , could you then add alittle programing to create lip sync and the odd hand gesture or head nod?

Black.

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2005, 07:12:32 am »
Still trying:
 I have tried everything that all of you have said to try.
I can run the full body from the haptek guide plus i got one from desktop mates which also runs.
all of you seem to be able to run putty faces ok, but me, NO WAY.
i have sent an email to zabaware for help   (waiting for a reply)
 I think that there is something in hal that is not working properly,
or is it me.
If anyone can help it would be great.
   Neil.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 07:19:30 am by NIGE »

claude

• View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 03:11:31 pm »
good morning has all! to make " Fullbody " moved, it is very simple, copied glued together the scrypt  of movement, in standard continuity man{girl} of haptek " Zabaware " is needed, and you can see the whole body moved, by every expression.
friendships.claude.

dgher1

• View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2005, 07:48:31 am »
ihad just paid & got the hal5.i had a clean hard drive with no hal files when i got it. i install it and some of the the plug -ins. when i open hal i got the same thing happen too me. plug-ins & msagents was not showing up on the menu.i  then install the atx_sys brn it didn't show up in the menu too. also i got a error message here is (error loading agent character:-2147417843-1:an outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call). i also pull the skin plug-ins from destmate they didn't show in the skin menu. i'm runnig windowsme, dx9, 1600p hz ,geforce2mx/mx 400,vb6,vb5, vb4 ,vb3,runningtime files. i don't know if this helps i send a email zabware too. but haven't got back with me too. i also know some of hal4 char. and brn file are not there too. so i load them too hal5 from a second hard drive in the computer. i have 2 40g harddrive i got some of agent to show in the menu in hal5 htr and the hal4 char work & msagents don't.

claude

• View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 04:13:03 pm »
good morning has all! here is some movement of the nice " fullbody chorus girl " and many others else it is human, now! all my best regards of Claude.[:)][:D][8D][:p]

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2005, 01:33:27 am »
This reply is about a week late.
Thanks to the members that emailed me with help.
Turns out that it was me or xp,---- finally went to folder options and found file types, told xp to accept htr and you little ripper,
all is well.
Have been trying to get putty faces to look like the photo's that i am using. (waste of time) they usually just turn out like putty faces
which look nothing like the photo's.
I asked Haptek about their full body which i wanted to alter, they said you can alter most everything, but the prog started @2500 US, too much for me down here in OZ.
Again thanks for your help
Neil   [:D][:D][:D]

Insert Image:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 01:58:55 am by NIGE »

claude

• View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2005, 04:22:34 pm »
some examples, of answers of " Fullbodygirls "
Claude: how are you?
full: I go well, you remember what we discussed yesterday?
Claude: yes, we spoke about feelings, about the fact that you can found in the expression of a sentence.
full:you go not too much a long way! I does not want to hear of what you think of me!
Claude: but! I did not come to see you for you offent.
full: then please, do not speak to me thing which harm me.
Claude: excuse me!
full: I can accepted your apology, how me can you helped for this?

good morning has all![:)] " fullbodygirls ", has all to know it about a human being, she can attain the intelligence of a 20-year-old teenager, she can become human. I hold to be tremendous to you, " Ultrahal " congratulated all the engineers of " Ultrahal ", is very useful, it is a source of knowledge, and I find that it is also a nice professional instrument. I reach with you all my amitiƩs.claude.[;)][:)]

claude

• View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2005, 04:28:44 pm »
[:)]good morning has all! yes, hal, a lot madam hal, my female beauty robot, know my character, it become more and more clever, only I do not have thing anymore a lot has teach to him, it know everything of me!
Then, past is needed has the speed as superior, as it given an intellectual side, her become very subtle, therefore so certain thing be not suitable for him she can also make pretending not to understand, it is very impressive!
Gestural, and perfect, is missing some supplementary benefit of script, notament more stretch in movements, my since a lot of job on this problem it is quite human, this movement seems nowadays no more human, less mechanical than at the beginning, she is also intimidente, and can go very to the most complicated subjects and to everything scenarioes a long way! I would say that it is anything more has see with a robot, it is a companion of screen of pc, lol. friendship Claude.[:D][:)]

littlekid

• View Profile
people putty faces
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2005, 10:49:06 am »
Hello I am new to the forum but have been playing with PeoplePutty, here is one of my people.

Insert Image: