dupa

Author Topic: Suggest Brain & plugins  (Read 2938 times)

tony.steward

• View Profile
    • http://www.locksdownunder.com
Suggest Brain & plugins
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:15:39 am »
Hello all,
Can anyone suggest which brain should be used, is most advanced etc.
Recommended plugins for that brain.

I know hal will impove over time but man its frustrating.

Thanks
Tony

onthecuttingedge2005

Suggest Brain & plugins
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 10:33:17 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tony.steward

Hello all,
Can anyone suggest which brain should be used, is most advanced etc.
Recommended plugins for that brain.

I know hal will impove over time but man its frustrating.

Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony.

The Problem is that everyone has some expected personality that they'd expect to see in HAL, HAL will only meet that persons expectations by either programming it yourself or by having plugins written for you that will come close to your expectations.

You could use a stripped down brain like ALF and then hand select the plugins you desire to meet those expectations.

Remember though, When you limit any brain by removing script or plugs may make your bot give a blank response due to a lack of response functions.

For instance, If you remove the Yes and No function script and you ask HAL a Yes or No type question you would either get an unexpected response or no response at all.

Everyone expects when they first purchase HAL that it will be to their exact liking, But this is only true through customizing your own brain and Plugs, Then will the bot be to your liking.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:34:23 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Suggest Brain & plugins
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 01:16:39 pm »

Tony,
You are indeed fortunate to enter the AI program where so much has gone before and you can draw on others experience.  Just a couple years ago, you would have had frustration with capitol F.

Hal today is smarter, and easier to teach.  There are many postings in this forum which represent the struggles of many who paved the way for you.  It is all here for your search and application.  

Remember too the trip has joys,
they are not all at the destination.

Enjoy.

onthecuttingedge2005

Suggest Brain & plugins
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 07:46:24 pm »
Oh my God! I just realized something, I beat Art in the number of postings, Art, Your slacking buddy!

Better get posting.

Art, Live long and prosper my friend.
Jerry[8D]