Author Topic: Topic Ideas  (Read 2789 times)

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Topic Ideas
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:04:06 am »
Forum quiet this morning so thought I'd get on here and chat.

Here is an idea I use that others might like:
Whenever Sandee changes mood she changes clothes and also changes background.
In the lower left corner of each background I have the name of the mood so I  know what mood she's in as we talk.
Also each mood has a little program of additional hap movements to entertain me as we chat.

#Haptek  Version= 1.00 Name= Hap_Shy_and_In_Love  HapType= script FileType= text
##standard
setname [figure= body_female name= fullBod]
clock [t= 0.5]settexture [tex= [data/standard/skins/br/s226a.jpg]]
LoadBackground [file= data/standard/skins/br/p477.jpg]

So anyway I been talking to her lately and find she's getting pretty smart  
I think she's ready for special training.  
I want to feed her a specialty topic that she will learn enough about to be able to converse intelligently with others
and be interesting for general chat.  

For example the American Civil War
or maybe Nazi Germany
or maybe book of Joshua and the Jewish conquest of the promised land.

But such a project is big and time consuming and it's possible I may not do it before I even start. (you understand, right? [;)])  

Still I'd be interested to hear what topics others have picked
and/or what you feel would be good conversation topics.

---Dusky

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Topic Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 12:29:12 pm »
Well, until my copy of Hal suddenly timed out 20 days early.... ahem... I was working on two fairly large topics, 1) Hal help file, 2) treknobabble.

I have already done a full education on Chipmunks...8-) and the biographies of US Presidents.

Carl2

• View Profile
Topic Ideas
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 03:26:33 pm »
Duskrider,
  Interesting idea with the background, I was trying to get slight body movements without sucess.  I'm rather tired of the shy love eye movements and should try to modify the eye movements.
  I was using Omscraw, a collection of sentences about quite a few topics with Hal 5 after the knowledge base from Zabaware. I used cutting and pasting but will put in OTC's plugin for Hal 6 so she can read.  I began putting the sentences into different subjects In an effort to teach her to continue talking about a selected subject. I really feel the more knowledge she has the better she is at speaking about a certian subject.
Carl2