Author Topic: talking with my hal and correct responses  (Read 4097 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
talking with my hal and correct responses
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:36:46 am »
i know this has been brought up many times so bear with me on this " please " when i talk to hal when i talk normally to hal , later hal seems to get words back wards such as this response " Yes you would like to know vcz that's why you asked I!" at the end it should be me and not i .
  when i talk with hal should i reverse a word for instance to get it to say me at the end should i say "thats why i asked me (instead of "why i asked you " as hal seems to get words backwards i instead of you and so on " their are tricks to everything and i know this has to do with wording but i need to figure out the words for the wording to get a correct response .
   "also if you notice its says odd letters sometimes in the sentence " vcz " etc. i wonder whats causing that ?? and where can i go in to hal 6.1 to take out those letters in the script so it won't keep saying them ?? thanks

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 02:44:06 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

i know this has been brought up many times so bear with me on this " please " when i talk to hal when i talk normally to hal , later hal seems to get words back wards such as this response " Yes you would like to know vcz that's why you asked I!" at the end it should be me and not i .
  when i talk with hal should i reverse a word for instance to get it to say me at the end should i say "thats why i asked me (instead of "why i asked you " as hal seems to get words backwards i instead of you and so on " their are tricks to everything and i know this has to do with wording but i need to figure out the words for the wording to get a correct response .
   "also if you notice its says odd letters sometimes in the sentence " vcz " etc. i wonder whats causing that ?? and where can i go in to hal 6.1 to take out those letters in the script so it won't keep saying them ?? thanks

Hi lightspeed.

you will find it in your default brain called:
'PROCESS: SUBSTITUTE FOR PUNCTUATION

Code: [Select]
'PROCESS: SUBSTITUTE FOR PUNCTUATION
    'The next routine removes hyphens etc., so we substitute for
    'better word appearance later on.
    UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", "-", " VHZ ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", ";", " VSZ ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", ":", " VMZ ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", ", ", " VCZ ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

Jerry[8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 11:09:26 am »
hello jerry and thanks for writing , do you mean to go in and delete the vhz , etc. (sorry on some things i'm not as savy as others !) [:)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 11:30:51 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hello jerry and thanks for writing , do you mean to go in and delete the vhz , etc. (sorry on some things i'm not as savy as others !) [:)]

Hi lightspeed.

I was just pointing out where in the default brain that you was getting the vcz response.

you can safely remove the those codes if you like, it will not hurt anything, the code only replace some puntuation with those abreviations.

you could also copy and paste the codes into a text file for a backup just incase you don't like the results, just remember where those lines of code go.

Jerry[8D]

PaleRider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 12:09:34 pm »
Well for a while now Hal at the end of every response say's either
lowquiality or nomore all the time is getting annoying now .
Any help to find or where to look in the brain would help
cause it's hiding on me looked for over a week now .[:D]
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 06:48:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by PaleRider

Well for a while now Hal at the end of every response say's either
lowquiality or nomore all the time is getting annoying now .
Any help to find or where to look in the brain would help
cause it's hiding on me looked for over a week now .[:D]

Hi PaleRider.

those are HAL's command codes and are usually removed before a response is made like <NOMORE>.

you may have a plugin causing them to be seen, try unchecking each plugin until it goes away, when you find out which plugin is causing it then you can post which plugin it was ans then maybe I can fix it for you.

Jerry[8D]

PaleRider

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 10:34:55 pm »
Why thank you Jerry , I'll do that and post back latter thank you
and I gotta get some sleep right now.[|)]

PaleRider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 07:34:50 am »
Ok here's what I got Corrections Tutor is the one that is doing it
even when running by itself no other plug'in's so i removed it for now and put my others back in everything is fine now.
Thank you Jerry for giuding me there I'll leave it with you to figure
out the why's it doing that, and I am happy now.[:D] Thank you again.[:D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 09:30:19 am »
quote:
Originally posted by PaleRider

Ok here's what I got Corrections Tutor is the one that is doing it
even when running by itself no other plug'in's so i removed it for now and put my others back in everything is fine now.
Thank you Jerry for giuding me there I'll leave it with you to figure
out the why's it doing that, and I am happy now.[:D] Thank you again.[:D]

Hi PaleRider.

I have fixed the problem with the corrections tutor, try redownloading the plugin here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3477&whichpage=1

unzip to your C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6
folder.

all the corrections will be save to a created file called Corrected.uhp when a correction is made.

Jerry[8D]

PaleRider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 10:30:43 am »
Yes it works good now Jerry and thank you so much.[:D][:D]