Author Topic: NAME REDIFINED ERROR  (Read 2431 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
NAME REDIFINED ERROR
« on: September 12, 2017, 10:17:06 pm »
i am using my extended talk plug in with a timer in each  , actually two but am getting a "NAME REDIFINED" ERROR .  even though names are different . it is a conflict because when i check one its okay , after checking the second one i get the above error , if its because of using two timer plug ins , is their a fix for this to be able to use two?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: NAME REDIFINED ERROR
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:27:10 pm »
After experimenting apparently, two timer plugs ins can't be run at once , even when i rename one completely different, having the timer within it is apparently enough to cause a name redefined error when the other plug in is checked on the list , it did the same when i checked them in a different order to.
 so i am back to going through my script response lines  adding so many back within one single plug in .  :P

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:32:29 am »
Hi lightspeed.

you may have to post the full line error and or error along with a copy of your halbrain.dbg to help you figure it out.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:53:42 pm »
OnTheCuttingEdge , as far as i know i found out why it is happening , i had two timer based (loneliness plug ins ) modified as extended talk plug ins by me , and apparently even though named completely different. because they both have a timer , only one timer based plug in can work at one time , if you have one checked then try checking the other , even with different name , it seems to cancel out the other one , thinking the name doesn't match the plug in and so gives a "REDEFINED NAME ERROR" . INSTEAD of allowing each to be checked off as two separate plug ins .
 so i went back to adding my lined numbered random responses back into only one plug in . hope i am making sense explaining it this way.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:08:37 pm »
Yes, glad you fixed the issue lightspeed.