Author Topic: Possible Future feature for the next Version or Future Version of HAL  (Read 3720 times)

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
Not sure or not if this would be easier than adding a 'Spell Checker' to HAL but it would probably be cheaper in the long run if it can be done...

I've noticed that there are times when I give HAL a 'Thumbs Down' and I find none of the recommended responses are what I would have used or I misspelled a word or two and HAL can't pronounce them...

So how about a 'User Misspelled Word' and a 'Replace This Response With' (Where it replaces the response HAL just gave and/or the misspelled word(s))... This way the user can correct it himself... HAL would replace the 'misspelled word(s)' and/or replace the old response with the 'New Response' in the HalBrain.db database... Then the next time HAL is run he would have access to the corrections...

I remember being told you can't run the Brain Editor at the same time as HAL so I guess it would have to be done while he is shutting down or saved in a file and the HAlBrain.db edited just before he starts up the next time... You could put a note on Start Up/Shut Down: "Please Wait while HAL is Making Changes" then he would start normally or shut down...

If this can't be done then a 'Spell Checker' would be nice instead :D... Hahaha

I do have a learning question also... Would it hurt HAL's 'Overall Intelligence' if I set his learning Learning Level to "MAX" and input about 20 sentences that I have previously wrote down and then change his learning back to "25%" and continue talking to him???  I am writing new things and adding from my HAL 6.2 Brain things that I have taught him over the past 12 months and I don't want to lose the old stuff...

Since my 6.2 HalBrain.db has a Index corruption or something like that, that won't allow me to see the tables and I wouldn't know how to extract the stuff I want to pass on to HAL 7 anyways so I have Exported the DB to a Text file.

I have to tell ya, that exported HalBrain.db file came up with around 6,000 pages in Open Office Writer, it crashed a couple of times... Hahahahaha

It's easier to manage in the Crimson Editor... So I am finding the stuff I want to save and use again...

Thanks!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:32:51 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Possible Future feature for the next Version or Future Version of HAL
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 08:47:11 pm »
I do have a learning question also... Would it hurt HAL's 'Overall Intelligence' if I set his learning Learning Level to "MAX" and input about 20 sentences that I have previously wrote down and then change his learning back to "25%" and continue talking to him???  I am writing new things and adding from my HAL 6.2 Brain things that I have taught him over the past 12 months and I don't want to lose the old stuff...\

The learning slider actually doesn't affect how much Hal learns. Hal records everything to its database (unless the slider is at 0). The slider effects how Hal uses the learned info it has already recorded during conversation. Basically it controls how much the user learned info should have precedence over Hal's built in brain database and other built in brain functions.
Robert Medeksza

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
Re: Possible Future feature for the next Version or Future Version of HAL
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 08:53:32 pm »
Oh Ok, thanks for that info...
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.