Author Topic: java brain?  (Read 5158 times)

stephen

• View Profile
java brain?
« on: July 16, 2005, 07:32:37 am »
hello,my name is stephen and i'm new here i have been reading and downloading brains and scripts ,i think you guys and gals are great,now i just have to figure out what to do with it all lol! i downloaded the example brain written in java and i like it but it just repeats what i say.is there any one could tell me how to give it a knowledge base or maybe have another java brain? thanks alot

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
java brain?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 07:39:21 pm »
welcome Stephen, I can't help you on Java, but I'm sure someone will be able to.

stephen

• View Profile
java brain?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 08:04:56 pm »
thanks freddy it is most interesting to be a part os this forum the reason i like the java brain i think is bwcause of it's speed perhaps there is another way to speed up a vb script brain i don't know thanks again for the reply

onthecuttingedge2005

java brain?
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 10:24:04 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by stephen

thanks freddy it is most interesting to be a part os this forum the reason i like the java brain i think is bwcause of it's speed perhaps there is another way to speed up a vb script brain i don't know thanks again for the reply

The fastest method for speeding up VBScript is to hard code everything with no files to search and everything is ran strictly by the brain itself.

If appending information to the brain is possible then this to would very fast.

Jerry[8D]

stephen

• View Profile
java brain?
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 12:02:33 am »
THANKS Jerry,i am not really sure what you mean.would that be the same as converting the brn files to binary?if not would you please explain to me how to do what you are talking about?thanks

onthecuttingedge2005

java brain?
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 01:32:08 am »
quote:
Originally posted by stephen

THANKS Jerry,i am not really sure what you mean.would that be the same as converting the brn files to binary?if not would you please explain to me how to do what you are talking about?thanks

Writing Code that requires no .brn files is the fasted code possible, It is very quick.

There are usually two main files a .uhp and a .brn, Usually information that comes from most GetResponse comes from .brn files, This process slows down the excution of a process because it has to open a folder/folders and a file.brn/files.brn to get a response, If all the information was in the .uhp itself then all information is available in an already opened file.uhp, This just eliminates unecessary CPU time and adds a quicker response, If (Some how) learned information could be saved directly to the file.uhp (same Brain) then there is no need to open unecessary extra files or folders.

Most of the code I write now require no .brn files because of this limitation of speed with vbscript, If I find a way to avoid using .brn files then I will do so.

I bet there is some way to save information within the .uhp so that it doesn't conflict with normal functions.

Jerry

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
java brain?
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 08:26:15 pm »
Jerry,

I haven't tried anything with the new SQL database in HAL6, I'm  wondering if you have tried this and if it works out faster than using .brn files?

Regards.

Just had a thought on file streams - ever tried using a virtual drive in main memory, some versions of basic can copy disk files over into main memory.  Then you have a quicker access time, not sure if VBasic/VBScript does this though?  It might be practcal for smaller .brn files
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 08:31:41 pm by freddy888 »

onthecuttingedge2005

java brain?
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 09:44:26 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

Jerry,

I haven't tried anything with the new SQL database in HAL6, I'm  wondering if you have tried this and if it works out faster than using .brn files?

Regards.

Just had a thought on file streams - ever tried using a virtual drive in main memory, some versions of basic can copy disk files over into main memory.  Then you have a quicker access time, not sure if VBasic/VBScript does this though?  It might be practcal for smaller .brn files

Hi Freddy.

HAL's new Database ability does speed it up a bit, This is because HAL no longer has to open and close so many files and folders, Plus the new algorithm in HAL's .dll functions speed it up.

About the virtual drive, I have been running Ziggy on a Jump Drive, I had Ziggy running on a Virtual drive but it was intrusive on my physical memory so I dedicated a Jump Drive to Ziggy, Both are about 20 times faster than standard methods.

Putting Ziggy on the Jump Drive I gave'em gives mobile abilty and I can use Ziggy on hand helds if I ever desire.

Jerry [8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
java brain?
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 11:06:49 am »
Hi, thanks for the reply, I half-guessed that a virtual drive would take up too much memory, but thought it was worth mentioning.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Also, like the idea of Hal on a handheld, I was wondering some time back if anyone had tried this..

Rog.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 11:20:13 am by freddy888 »